Clubplanet Nightlife Community

club scene got stale ??

ok as far as JP hinting im old by that when you were young ( 10 yrs ago) im not old i just started really young. ( got into 54 at `5 yrs old)

Second when i posted this i was just feeling like blah. like everything sucked like i didnt feel like going out anymore. I worke up today and realized its cause i have a friggin cold. So this weekend PARTY ON!!!!!!!!1

oh yeah and no farking way these 21 yr old can hang with us older peeps. The original rockstars LOL

JP u going to ever come out again ????

Originally posted by ibclubbin

:rofl:

BG

:isok:

Back to the thread, I think age matters. When you are really into the scene, whether you are a promoter, DJ, owner, or just an avid club goer, it cathes up to you at some point in time. I love going out and having fun, but there are other things that matter. If you center your life around going out Thursday - Saturday, well what the hell do you expect. I think half the reason I like going out so much, is because I can do the local thing, or Philly, or NYC for a few weeks and then fit right back into place at Deko, Abyss, Platinum, or where have you..... It should be about being with your friends and people whose company you enjoy,IMO

Originally posted by wakeup

i agree for the most part with that but it hasnt been the same since the E explosion of 99/2000

I thought that was the explosion of 97/98.....................that's when I REALLY remember the NYC Cracktory crowd makin' there way to the Jersey shore.

IMO i been doiung this since i am 15 i am now 32. i hvent really ben to a jersey club in a few years always going to the city until this year. My pop is 57 goes to joeys alot on sat nights also does Saci

Can someone please tell me when this is going to catch up to me. dont tell me when i get married either been there done that.

Originally posted by ou812

I thought that was the explosion of 97/98.....................that's when I REALLY remember the NYC Cracktory crowd makin' there way to the Jersey shore.

Drugs play a big part, whether you do them or not...... Like everything else in life, they have their time and place.....Too much of a "good" thing can be bad....Moderation is the key....

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

IMO i been doiung this since i am 15 i am now 32. i hvent really ben to a jersey club in a few years always going to the city until this year. My pop is 57 goes to joeys alot on sat nights also does Saci

Can someone please tell me when this is going to catch up to me. dont tell me when i get married either been there done that.

WHEW, thank GOD, i do have a chance of seeing my 30th b-day, thanks pal.................my 57th though, AMEN, GOD BLESS your pops, GOD BLESS him, i'll be partying at studio 54 in the heavens before i see 57.......................

Originally posted by roddigga

WHEW, thank GOD, i do have a chance of seeing my 30th b-day, thanks pal.................my 57th though, AMEN, GOD BLESS your pops, GOD BLESS him, i'll be partying at studio 54 in the heavens before i see 57.......................

there are a selcet few i dont think everyone makes it like i do. although i have slowed a lil. i use to go to 54 till 5 am drive straight from 54 to work then catch some zzzz's at work and go to another job after tHAT then too another job and home to nap then to brooklyn to my cousins and back to the city

as far as drugs and an explosion. there was no explosion. it was just a different drug. Drugs and clubs will forever be entangled one way or another. i remember a guy in 54 sitting on a couch with a pocket mirror and a mound of blow on it. the only thing that worrys me now is the drugs of choice. Last time they were big in the scen it was very nasty. i can remember it was nasty enough that standing in the Underground one night the lights came on and the music went off. they told everyone to use the emergency exits to leave not the main exit. when you got outside there by the main entrance were 3 people full of blood. some guy all mangled got kicked out and came back anbd blew 3 people away. needless to say that was the end of that club. the sad part is it was on the news and was also the first time i mentioned to my mother i was going to a club in the city. clubbing didnt go over too well after that lol

Originally posted by ou812

well if u want to go really back and say the downfall was when the club kids vanished in the mid 90's to 96/97, regardless how crazy and ecentric they were the vibe in places whereever they were was unreal......but to me it got real bad in late 99early 2000 when the media started blowin up E, unlike ever before

Originally posted by wakeup

well if u want to go really back and say the downfall was when the club kids vanished in the mid 90's to 96/97, regardless how crazy and ecentric they were the vibe in places whereever they were was unreal......but to me it got real bad in late 99early 2000 when the media started blowin up E, unlike ever before

i think ill agree with that. i think the media more than anything did alot of damage to the scene. made alot of undeground things mainstream what is considered underground now isnt even really underground half the tracks out start out as "underground " and end up commercial. back in the day it never went commercial

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

ok as far as JP hinting im old by that when you were young ( 10 yrs ago) im not old i just started really young. ( got into 54 at `5 yrs old)

Second when i posted this i was just feeling like blah. like everything sucked like i didnt feel like going out anymore. I worke up today and realized its cause i have a friggin cold. So this weekend PARTY ON!!!!!!!!1

oh yeah and no farking way these 21 yr old can hang with us older peeps. The original rockstars LOL

JP u going to ever come out again ????

Ive been out, just not the usual places...I have to go where I can get to...I was at the ROXY for PVD last friday...I'm sure I'll be making an appareance sooner or later.

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

The night is what you make of it. If you continually go to the same places, you will see the same people and here the same music...... There is such a variety of atmospheres to entertain us, that sometimes I think we take it for granted. Go other places and do other things.......I do agree with the fact that there hasn't been any riveting new music lately, but the music is only part of it, not all of it.

Very well said -- I agree! :clap:

the scene is VERY STALE!!! its all about what you wear what you got...etc...girls got there noses up there asses along with there heads...and the guys, well the guidothon is in full effect. i mean there is a website devoted to the guido revolution....:blown: no class, no good music its just getting old. ive been going out since 18 and im going to be 26 soon...:rolleyes: and its just not like it used to be. it used to be fun to go out...now its just a pain in the ass and gives me nausea to see whats going on out there.