Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Big Satoshi, Little Giant! (off da hook)

funketeer

What a night!

Big up to the Big Dj Little Club Crew, bringing Satoshi Tomiie to Lola was a great idea! The guy is absolutely amazing...it was very easy to let go and just get down...I had a huge smile on my face (from ear to ear)

CPers where popping out everywhere you turned! Very cool people to hang out with I must add. Hum...let's see...we had BBFlux, Corinto, Meng, Calixt, Mr. Joe Boudious, Vipnerd, Dj Burrito and Marco Davalos...not a bad head-count!

If you didn't get to see Satoshi last nite at Lola, try to catch him at Crobar...you will not be dissapointed, this guy has nothing but talent and good vibes!

Get the funk out! :cool:

del2.gif

ps. thanks for the free rum & cokes, I expected nothing less ;)

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

how did he spin? his usual dark prog. stuff? or did he change up his style for such an intimate setting?

Hey Mattas, now that you mention it, yes...it had dark undertones...but it was actually really animated and spacey...I really had a great time. Also, super cool guy, very humble and accesible, he was having a great time also...happy to be playing, happy to be in Miami.

Funk :cool:

I wanted to go to this party so bad, expecting a really obscure set from this guy, something a la Digweed....

So, I got there like at 1, and immediately after getting in I was delighted by the turnout. Lots of cute girls. I didn't expect to hear satoshi for a while and the music was pretty loungey. To my surprise, it was Satoshi. So, i just waited around the bar for a while...

LIKE a lil bit later(maybe 10 or 20 mins) I decided i wanted to dance...the vibe in that dancefloor was INSANE! I still needed the music to pick up(or may I say down) a bit...Anyway, afetr i realized, i was dancing my ass off. There was a moment when the music was pretty much what I was expecting from satoshi...

There was a point when alot of people had left lola but the dancefloor still was pumpin, pretty cool...later, the music did go pretty downhill IMO(I'm really not into the whole Depeche Mod'ish, New Wavish , type of stuff)

Conclusion: Great party, great vibe...I WISHED all parties in miami had the vibe people going to lola(becuase i know its basically the same group of people) have, not of that pretentious BS, just straight-up partying , RAW POWER>..

PEace.

Forgot to mention:

There was a point in the night when I really needed some more drive in the music...perhaps the PMS guys(mono and chris).

I know its cool to see international DJs and all, but, is it really worth it having all these awesome locals around???

I'm not saying I'm anti-bigDJs or anything, but, our boys can tear it up to the same level(and IMHO sometimes even 2000% better) than alot of the bigDJS that come to town..These guys are child of the Miami scene(with alot of outer influence), who will know tha Miami crowd better at this day in time???

SUPPORT the local scene, let's keep the good vibrations!!!!

Peace.

Originally posted by corinto

Forgot to mention:

There was a point in the night when I really needed some more drive in the music...perhaps the PMS guys(mono and chris).

I know its cool to see international DJs and all, but, is it really worth it having all these awesome locals around???

I'm not saying I'm anti-bigDJs or anything, but, our boys can tear it up to the same level(and IMHO sometimes even 2000% better) than alot of the bigDJS that come to town..These guys are child of the Miami scene(with alot of outer influence), who will know tha Miami crowd better at this day in time???

Peace.

TRUE

Originally posted by corinto

Forgot to mention:

Peace.

"Save the underground and the underground will save you"

Dj Burrito

(Jack Of All TRades)

loonbur_2.gif

Thanks guys for supporting the night, hope every one had as much fun as we did.

Join us next thursday for one of Miami's musical geniuses:

Markus Shultz. He's done tracks that have appeared in almost ALL the latest Glubal Undergrounds. The guy rules and will spin a intimate set for an intimate crowd.