Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what was the very first club you ever went to?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My very first "club" experience was J.J. Rockers on Rt.35 (which is now Delilah's Den) when I was in high school.

My earliest "club" experience in the city was the Tunnel, although I dont remember much about that night at all. One of the few times I've ever completely blacked out. I do remember hating it though, I was totally not into the music then.

My most memorable early "club" experience in the city definately has to be the first time I went to Twilo on a Saturday night. We were on line and my friend was like, yo take off your watch. Ok. Yo, take off your necklace and your earring. I'm thinking, what the fuck! We're standing in line and I'm like, yo what the fuck is with all the guys on line? He says, its a gay club you dumb ass. I only had one question after that comment, well then what the fuck are we going in here for, are you trying to tell me something? He said, no the music is really good and my friend Chris runs the Power Bar. I was thinking the music better be really fucking good to put up with this shit. I was in shock when I walked in there, gay guys all over the fucking place. As we're making our way through the crowd to this so called Power Bar, I'm seeing guys doing their thing everywhere and I'm thinking I want to get the fuck out of here now. When we got to the Power Bar, there were 3 slammin' girls talking to our friend Chris (the bartender). Thank god, girls girls girls, even if there were less than 10 girls among the 1000+ gays. Well let me tell you something, the music was f'n incredible and the 3 of us hung out with these 3 beautiful girls all night long into the morning. I went to the bathroom with one of the girls I was dancing with and she takes me into the girls bathroom. What the fuck, there were guys in there too! It was quite an experience, but the music took my mind to places it had never been before... ahhh my first Junior Vasquez experience, way back in the day. I was such a rookie, but I'll never forget it. I wish Junior's parties weren't so gay now, cuz at times when the old man is on, he tears it up like none other! At least he use to.............

My first club entrance was some place in Randolph..I forget the name..I went there once when i was 13 & got caught and grounded for 2 months (summer months!!) Then I hit up Miracles in Nanuet ( i was 16 & used my cousins birth certificate - male review baby..anyone remember MicMac records? holy OLD!! ) haha.....my first city club was Limelight at 17..smoked my first joint there.........wow...i''m old....:hat:

I'm the true grampa her at 36 years old

This was a good time because no one really cared about music as much as hooking up.

first club I ever walked in I DJ'ed that night - I was recruited from the local roller rink - It was The Legendary Lighthouse on Lake Hopatcong Teen Night - The Romantics were playing in the rock room & I spun Disco early 80's & breakdance stuff (Pre house music I'm talkin) in the dance room This was Summer 1984 & I was 18. Believe it or not, this was a very upscale place. with an awesome sound system.

The best NJ clubs at the time were Society Hill (Now Jimmy's in Morristown, where I still DJ Sat Nights), The Meadowbrook in Cedar Grove (the biggest at that time), Dancin' In Palisades Park, Trumps in Wayne (now Lace) & Chicago in Lodi (Now Soundgarden)

I'm old

Originally posted by dtrave

I'm the true grampa her at 36 years old

This was a good time because no one really cared about music as much as hooking up.

first club I ever walked in I DJ'ed that night - I was recruited from the local roller rink - It was The Legendary Lighthouse on Lake Hopatcong Teen Night - The Romantics were playing in the rock room & I spun Disco early 80's & breakdance stuff (Pre house music I'm talkin) in the dance room This was Summer 1984 & I was 18. Believe it or not, this was a very upscale place. with an awesome sound system.

The best NJ clubs at the time were Society Hill (Now Jimmy's in Morristown, where I still DJ Sat Nights), The Meadowbrook in Cedar Grove (the biggest at that time), Dancin' In Palisades Park, Trumps in Wayne (now Lace) & Chicago in Lodi (Now Soundgarden)

I'm old

Heh - now I realize who you are "dtrave" or Dave the rave...Society was ok back then - Michael J was a good dj and the big night was Wednesday there till Hurricane Alley opened in HQP that May and became the best club in Morris County for the next 2 years...stop down at my grand opening next week after work dtrave...thanx, greg

OMG...my first was the Tunnel in late 1996, i was 17 years old.

We got fake IDs in the village ealier that day (the old NY State Licenses were so easy to fake)

I remember walking into the club and it was just madness, within minutes I had lost my friends, and I didnt even dance, i just kept walking around and discovering new things everywhere...

I'll never forget thinking "omg! boys and girls are going into the same bathroom" i had never seen that before.

Hours later I found my friends, but all we wanted to do was go and get lost again....

Memories....

Joe

I guess now its time to show my real age. I have one that most people never heard of but it was sick. My first club was THE UNDERGROUND in NYC.

Three floors of pure insanity. Just for everyone to realize the time frame at one point the biggest song there was Fly Titas. We are looking at somewhere around 86 when I was 15. At those times it was ez to get into clubs even at a young age. There has not been a place like that since. 3 floors of complete insanity. It was the first time I saw a person walking around with a snake like it was cool.

Other hot spots were Emerald City, Palladium and the Limelight of course in NYC. Miracles in Nanuet was the easiest place to get fucked up so that was always good.

In NJ I think it was Dancins in Palisade Park I was 17 at that time going to their 21 and over Saturday party that was by far the hottest in NJ. I knew the head bouncer at the time, Big Mike, and he kept it real for me every Saturday. It was great going back to high school on Mondays telling all your friends you didnt have to go to the city on Saturdays I was hanging at the ultimate Dance Club in NJ, Dancin.

Im 16 right now, turn 17 in March! Well I been a regular at Obessions and used to go to the Place (LK. Hopatcong) all the time. So I guess your lookin at the next generation of people like you. Also I been to Hunka on a teen night and Chrome. Once I turn 17 and get my licencse i gotta find a way to get myself into some better clubs, away from the Rap mucic and lame dancing like the "crip walk" and the "harlem shake" cause i swear if i gotta dance to fat joe song one more time.....

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...

Joey's in Clifton when I was 14...back when it was on Van Houten (I think I saw George Lammond sing 'Bad of the heart'...hehe)

My first city Club was Twilo in '96 ....

...I as ecstatic...all these beautiful men w/ their shirts off...I thought I was in heaven...then my b/f at the time said to me "you brought me to a gay club!!!"..then I realized that I was in hell

God I miss Twilo

Originally posted by cynstam21

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...

Joey's in Clifton when I was 14...back when it was on Van Houten (I think I saw George Lammond sing 'Bad of the heart'...hehe)

I USE TO GO EVERY WEEKEND IN MY YOUNG TEEN YEARS....UNITL IT CLOSED. I SAW SO MANY PERFORMERS THERE... TKA, CYNTHIA & JOHNNY O, SNAP ETC........................HIGH HAIR CONTESTS