Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite kind of apple? (i know it's weird...)

weyes

what's your favorite kind of apple?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. what's your favorite kind of apple?

• fuji
    • gala
    • rome
    • macintosh
    • granny smith
    • red delicious
    • yellow delicious
    • other

just curious, 'cause my roommate bought a granny smith the other day, then freaked out 'cause it was tart. i told him that that's how granny smiths are, but he said that apples shouldn't be tart :worry: . leads me to wonder, what's everyone's fave? and if it's not one of my choices, please write in :) .

Alright, lemme tell you :

I worked at a fresh country farms store for 2 years as a teenager, and gained A LOT of useful knowledge about all this shnazz...

Granny Smith's are the best for baking. Winesap and Fuji are great all-around apples. Macintosh are terrific seasonal ones. But i must throw the gold to MUTSU apples.

Mutsu apples are these BIG (like the size of grapefruit :eek:.) apples that taste SO DARN GOOD. THey're green on the outside, and have the look of a rough exterior. BUt don't let that rough exterior fool you.... they are GOOD.

:D

never seen or heard of mutsus, gmc. do they grow in the u.s.?

and i don't know yours, either, spragga :( .

and danamdkny, i've found that the red and yellow delicious are more likely to be mushy than others. too bad, 'cause they're the ones that are so sweet. i used to like them, but got so sick of mealy apples that i switched.

my pick is fuji :aright: . (in film, too :D !)

Originally posted by weyes

and danamdkny, i've found that the red and yellow delicious are more likely to be mushy than others. too bad, 'cause they're the ones that are so sweet. i used to like them, but got so sick of mealy apples that i switched.

my pick is fuji :aright: . (in film, too :D !)

yup ~ --- ----

fuji - (and for faith112? vacation too ;) )