Clubplanet Nightlife Community

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM fans

MadamMillie

ok i absolutely love this movie and have just found out a verrrrryyyyy interesting little factoid

a guy named clint mansell (also a dj known as raw stylus) was the man behind the score to the movie, recorded with the Kronos Quartet.

well our beloved oakie was so impressed by the score that he did a remix of the original score and put it out on bunkka:

"we've just had our first listen to paul oakenfold's new album, "bunkka" and were pleasantly surprised to hear oakenfold's remix of requiem for a dream's "lux aeterna" appear on the album under the name "zoo york".

the track was originally slated for the missing-in-action "requiem for a dream: remix project" where it was titled "aeternal" - clint sent through a copy of the track to us last year as a taster of the remix album, so it's definitely the same track.

and it's a corker! "bunkka" is oakenfold's debut as an artist (rather than a dj) and features perry farrell, tricky and ice cube amongst others... well worth a trip to the record store..."

of course i've never listened to the bunkka album but am now curious to hear the zoo york track.

and for you LOTR fans, here's another little goodie:

"the main theme from requiem for a dream has indeed been re-recorded for use in the lord of the rings: the two towers trailer.

clint is really pleased with the results - three short pieces were re-recorded with a full orchestra and choir for use in different trailers. the theme is unlikely to be used in the film."

you can see the trailer here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/the_two_towers/

IN ADDITION (long post i know, sorry) but on oct 22, 2002, the Requiem for a Dream: Remix Project came out, and from what i can find out, it features "20 tracks of the original score remixed...DJs including Oakenfold, Plant, Psilonaut, Jagz Kooner, Wish FM, Kronos Quartet, Food, Delirium, Hive, ILS, A Guy Called Gerald, Josh Wink". reviews (on amazon) are mixed but i know i'm gonna check it out.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

What Millie wrote:

well our beloved oakie was so impressed by the score that he did a remix of the original score and put it out on bunkka....................

What I read:

blah blah blah blah Oakie sucks blah blah blah blah

:D

yeah...what shady said:D

one of darrens better flics. didnt think to much of pi really. requiem just made me sad and not wanna do drugs. but fudge that thoiught. the score rocked and yah saw the trailer for the new lotr movie and wondered why the hell is the requiem theme song playing in the background. hobbits do do major herb tho.

one of darrens better flics. didnt think to much of pi really. requiem just made me sad and not wanna do drugs. but fudge that thoiught. the score rocked and yah saw the trailer for the new lotr movie and wondered why the hell is the requiem theme song was playing in the background. hobbits do do major herb tho.