Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC Help Please!

lizard23

Hey you guys! Merkie and I are trying to go down to Miami from March 20-23 (Thursday - Sunday) for the fun and games. Here's my problem: websites like Expedia, Travelocity, etc. are giving me great package prices, but very inconvinient flight times and all the travel agents I've called are quoting me price from $500-800! I could leave the country for a week for the same or less than that. So, who/what do you recommend? Anybody know a good website, travel agant, etc.? Anybody thinking of doing a group thing (maybe renting a place?) What have you done in the past? Just a few suggestions to point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks guys!

I bought my plane ticket in January last year and paid $180 (same for the previous year though I was down in Miami for a completely different reason)

Though, I'm certainly not saying to wait that long to purchase. I just decided last minute and got lucky.

I'm w/ Malanee, JetBlue has great prices. I'd check w/ them. I think they have companion deals.

go cheap.

jet blue or southwest...maybe america west also does bwi to ft.laud

find a cheap hotel on sobe (i found mine last year in travelocity) and i went cheap, since i wasnt gonna be in the room for any extended period of time and shared it with 2 other people. staying in south beach wil mean you can walk to any club except those that are in downtown miami.

minimaize the # of times you eat out. its a personal thing, but i dont like to eat out that much, besides the fact that its expensive. i just went to eat out at restaurants 3 or 4 times during the 5 days i was there and it was mostly to the fast food pizza joint.

dont rent a car. you really dont need one. if you do then youll end up paying for parking also, since residents of sobe have tags that allow them to park on the street, your rental wont have, so you will have to pay for parking.

When flying it is best to leave on a tuesday. why tuesday i dont know, but everytime i fly places i plan it for a tues-tues. Saves you a couple hundred dollars. Doesnt have to be tues, check other days of the week, but tues is my fav. If you time off doesnt alow for it then try just leaving on a tues or coming back on a tues, cut a little bit off if im not mistaken. And always far in advance. Unless your a baller and arnt concerned about the price. I used to live in Jacksonville so i usually fly into jacksonville, chill there for a couple days, then me and the crew ride out to miami for ultra, stay a couple nites then ride back home, chill couple more days, back on tues.

Anyway in short, try leaving and returning on mid week days.

Also I always fly southwest and use expedia. Priceline is good to but make sure you say exactly what you want becuase if you get it you have to buy. But i have got $90 flights to florida before