Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oaky @ Exit...

First before I get that drub of Oaky's mainstream and isn't all that anymore, I know, relax!

I was thinkin the same thing then saw him spin @ the Mayan and it was off the hook. I really don't like how's gone Billboard now, and most of his sets (CD's) are crap... but since he rocked the joint back home, I should maybe take an interest.

Until I read that tix @ Exit are 60 bucks? What the? Are the NY venues this good?

I drove to Boston to see PVD spin for 30, only to hear it was 50 at the door @ Roxy. What gives?

Should I dare drive up to Boston again, for Oaky on a Tuesday night in December?

from my experience, avalon is a HELL of a lot nicer than exit...

ny promoters know people will pay whatever they ask... so they jack the prices...

but if you're telling me oaky isn't mainstream, i can't help but laugh considering hes at "z100's jingleball" this year... :rolleyes: but whatever gets you off...

roxy is nice, venue-wise... but people don't like the crowd so much, and their system isn't setup quite right...

but all-in-all, if you go to roxy, you're more than likely to have a fun night until you sober up and realize your wallet is empty...

exit on the other hand... its a lottery...

Yeah, I know Oaky is mainstream... and w/ that comes his diminished talents...

I think the die hard's would question why I'm even asking...

Thanks for the update on the venues, I still haven't been to Arc, Roxy, Exit... and I call myself a trance addict? Mainly b/c all of my colleagues are into that hiphop/reggae stuff leaving me by myself in this big city.

But I think I answered my own post. Oaky is charging 50 bucks for a thanksgiving eve...

By comparison for 65 bucks on New Years Eve, LA has this lineup:

Talent: Paul Van Dyk, Danny Howells, The Crystal Method (Exclusive DJ Set), Tall Paul, Mark Farina, Luke Fair, Jason Bentley, Mark Tabberner, DJ Colette, Sol, John Do and Justin Gourley.

I don't know how many are local talents, but if you guys recognize any names, obviously they're somebody!

Oakey should of just spun @ the HAMMERSTEIN like he did 2 years ina row and it was $30. Reason its $50 casue the DICKHEAD OWNER of EXIT made that price. I know cause I did the party @ EXIT for the first 2 years it was open and EVERYONE HATED the OWNER.

Victor Soto