Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish tonight/last night

zeeker

just got back from Exit last night, and I don't feel ike I was in Exit at all. The club seemed so much different tonight. If the average age of people in Exit on a Friday is, ohhh, lets say 19-20, average....tonight the average was more mid-twenties. Obviously Deep Dish brought in their own crowd, and that was definitely a plus. Vibe ranged from being just nuts, to kind of lacking at some points...but overall it was better then expected. I was definitely surprised at how into it I was. Don't get me wrong, I love thier music, but as more of a chill out type of thing. I really didn't expect to go into tonight and be dared to dance like the way I was. Obviously it wasn't the most intense set I've ever heard, but thats just the genre for you. At one point they dropped a Run-DMC track, not sure which one, but it was a cool moment.

so, on a whole, it was a much better night then I was expecting...Security definitely didn't fuck around at all, which was probably due to the fact that the crowd was much older, very few babies at all. Met a ton of cool people, just a great night. After tonight though, there isn't really any good reason to go back for awhile. But, definitely a good way to say goodbye to the place for awhile. :cool:

ohhhh, haha, i almost forgot....I have a feeling this may start some drama, but I gotta tell this one.

so, I'm taking a piss in the downstairs bathroom, and I hear these two idiots bad-mouthing Deep Dish, agreeing that they sucked, and that Draper should be playing, etc...I turn around, just to see if these guys look as stupid as they sound, and look who it is...Tony Draper!!!!! with one of his boys. Now hey, I'm not a Draper hater in the slightest...but actually hearing those words out of his mouth, just made me want to...well....laugh...and I did, and quite loud too. Definitely lacking class, that man is. What are ya do though right?

overall....UGHHHHHHHHHHH. C-

AT AFEW POINTS IN THE NIGHT, THEY SOUNDED LIKE (i know im startin drama!!!) DRAPER BUT FLAWLESS MIXING... NOT THE USUAL D.D. MATERIAL.... .THEY WENT OFF HARD AFEW TIMES... MORE THAN LESS.

THE CROWED WAS MIXED.... I CANNOT FULLY GET THE CONCEPT OF OTHER DJS / HIP HOP IN THE SAME PARTY.... WEIRD VIBE.... BUT WTVR MAKES EM MONEY.....

C U AT THE LIME LIGHT :-)

LuV

RaZ

Originally posted by zeeker

ohhhh, haha, i almost forgot....I have a feeling this may start some drama, but I gotta tell this one.

so, I'm taking a piss in the downstairs bathroom, and I hear these two idiots bad-mouthing Deep Dish, agreeing that they sucked, and that Draper should be playing, etc...I turn around, just to see if these guys look as stupid as they sound, and look who it is...Tony Draper!!!!! with one of his boys. Now hey, I'm not a Draper hater in the slightest...but actually hearing those words out of his mouth, just made me want to...well....laugh...and I did, and quite loud too. Definitely lacking class, that man is. What are ya do though right?

I happen to know Tony and I know he is a fan of deep dish. He would never say anything like that.

Originally posted by chrismakk69

I happen to know Tony and I know he is a fan of deep dish. He would never say anything like that.

lol, i'm lying then i guess

oh, and it's not unknown that he can get a little bitchy when other DJs are taking over his booth. I'm the opposite of a Draper hater, and I was so tempted to not even write that in there...but, it was one of my more vivid memories of the night...and one that I did get a kick out of

Originally posted by chrismakk69

That does not mean he can't feel a sense of competition and maybe just a *touch* of jealousy.

it is human nature.

I LOVE Deep Dish, they tore it the fuck up, and I will FIGHT anyone who says otherwise! :mad::laugh:

Had a good time, maybe I haven't been out in a while, but I liked when they dropped that "Thriller" laugh over that sick track. Yuh, that was hot. They were a little off and on, but I kept it movin all night. I even saw Erick Morillo, my other favorite DJ! And got my friend to come up off his Saeed & Palash CD so I could keep the party going when I got home! Two thumbs up for the evening. LOL

I enjoyed it more than i thought i would. They defintaly were ready to go in hard, they dropped some badass techno tracks (filterheadz vs tomaz - sunshine!) that had the whole floor bumpin. I was pleasantly surprised. good night, wont be back for a while

And I was def feeling the older crowd vibe! Lots of good dancers in the place! Im 20 but i really enjoyed that crowd last night - maybe im jsut getttin more mature? Who knows but send me to a club thats like that every weekend!

Originally posted by zeeker

:laugh: :laugh: