Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thoughts on DeepDish's Performance

katari

Last night was my first time going to a DeepDish performance and I was wondering how it compared to their previous performances.

I was surprised when DeepDish played a tribute to Jam Master Jay as their first track. But I also think it was very big of them to take time out to show their respects to him. I thought it was great that they did that.

As for their performance I thought it was pretty solid (minus the little cd skipping at one point). One thing I found a little annoying at times is when he would drop the beat to complete still. I think it's a great crowd motivator at times, but i thought he did it too often. Does he normally do it that often?

The crowd wasn't as packed as when i went to see oakenfold there BUT I definitely enjoyed DeepDish's music more and also the fact they played longer than 2 hours :)

All comments and criticisms are welcome.

amazing......got there at like 230-3.....deep dish was awesome....they were hard...fast...slow...deeeeeep....i also noticed the skip and told my friend when it happened....the adam beyer song (eminem remix) was insane.....nobody listens to techno....i thought the crowd was perfect... a little packed when we first got there but it ended up being comfortable....alot of cocky fucks throughout the night but that changed....the end of the night was amazing....rocket man!!!!!.....moby was good.....and the encore...omg the fucking encore...by far the best part of the night....the lights when on...the screen turned white and the lights behind the screen...everyone was clapping there hardest ... cheering their loudest..."one more one more"...and he plays this beautiful gorgeous song...WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE NAME OF IT..it made everyone in a good mood..i was so happy i wanted to cry lol...it was liek a miracle or something...like christmas day...some people still going nuts...some people just watching with smiles on there faces....the screan was deep dish in the booth going nuts dancing all around...omg i will never forget it...after he closed everyone was happy ... everyone saying have a nice day and shit...it was awesome...the best night of my life...and it was the first time i saw deep dish and was ever to exit...but im def gonna follow them alot...kind of pissed they ended at 8 though..all the bouncers said 9...and i live 2 hours away so its hard to get to nyc ... but ill be back this week...3rd week in a row...luz...deep dish....Vicious this week!...cant wait to come back to the city...its the best place on earth in my opinion

It was definitely a good night.

Now I wish I had stayed though out. I left around 5:30 (shortly after the Depeche Mode song, "Only when i lose myself in someone else ... I find myself"

If you ever find out that song you are nuts about, please post it.

Thanks