Clubplanet Nightlife Community

VOCE' Weds! [No Cover][Ladies Drink Free]+[Shawn Ink!]

well to be honest, i just read the ABC handbook.. lol

to bad it says, An Open Bar@ event offering the public unlimited availability of any alcoholic beverages FOR A SET PRICE

Is prohibited, except for new years eve parties...!!

Good try though, but read ALL the facts first!!!

If u knew, we dont ask for "A SET PRICE" For the power hour... lol

Originally posted by dtrave

Listen to mpuppet - believe it or not, there are some legitimate nightclub people on this board, not just the usual Dolce & Gabbana wearing, steriod induced guidomonsters playing the new Louie Devito clusterfuck hot hits cd, or whatever. mpuppet is doing you a favor pointing this out, take his knowledge & do the right thing with it. We have no reason to make this up, we are not your competition, just stating the facts, OSB is 5-0, so who would know better?

i apreciate the help. im not trying to bash anyone, but it seems shady that someone cant post something liek that.

well anyways, i called the owner just to make sure that we were ok. he said that were fine cause we dont ask for a set price. but if we offered a ladies drink free power hour for $20.. Then its illegal. you cant put a set price on open bars.. unless its newyears..

i just asked my friend max who owns 3 bars. 2 in jersey and 1 in nyc. he said that as long as you dont offer it all night .. its fine.. and as long as you dont charge them at the door for the open bar or whatever it is. he also said that its ok to have an open bar for an hour, but for all night its not. all in all you straight, so dont sweat it!!

- cyn :D

OK....I've got the handbook in front of me. NO FREE DRINKS IN NJ... with 3 exceptions. I'm not going to go into this in detail, but it pretty much says you can not advertise it, you can only offer 1 and it limits the size of the drink. Generally speaking, You can not sell alcohol for less than you paid for it, and you can not promote excess drinking. My math says a $5 mixed drink or a $2 shot is not a loss considering the amount of alcohol in a bottle as compared to wholesale prices. As for open bar, I have to agree with mpuppet, it is not allowed except on new years eve when tickets are NOT available at the door or it is allowed when included in the price of a private party (weddings). All of this information is available for you reading pleasure at

http://www.nj.gov/lps/abc/508pdf.html#handbooks

In my PROFESSIONAL opinion, It's a bad idea to attract the attention of the ABC to your venue; they can and will become a real pain in your ass.

let me ask you a question then.. since ou say your a professional and all, is $1 drinks for an hour illegal as well???

i still dont get why free drinks for an hour is illegal..

i think it should be up to the club to decide what drink specials they have... not some stupid ABC Book.. i saying this for the good of all nightclubs.. i really dont think its fair.. i mean, whats so bad about free drinks for ladies for an hour?? you guys are bashing me like u hate free drinks or something..

i appreciate the help, but sometimes u gotta learn to just keep yoru mouth shut.

well, untill further notice.. were still having the power hour..

so if u wanna join and get drunk like normal people do.. please do!!! if u wanna sit here and bash every word i type.. then be my guest.. cause i dont give a fuuuuuck!

:D

whos down for some drinking this wednesday???? i know i am!1

Originally posted by jerrycxtacy

let me ask you a question then.. since ou say your a professional and all, is $1 drinks for an hour illegal as well???

i still dont get why free drinks for an hour is illegal..

i think it should be up to the club to decide what drink specials they have... not some stupid ABC Book.. i saying this for the good of all nightclubs.. i really dont think its fair.. i mean, whats so bad about free drinks for ladies for an hour?? you guys are bashing me like u hate free drinks or something..

i appreciate the help, but sometimes u gotta learn to just keep yoru mouth shut.

JACKASS PROMOTER.... ABC is a part of the Division of law and public safety, they issue the liquor licensees you jackass. that’s like letting the motoring public make up the traffic laws. $1 drinks are ok because you’re cost per once will be less than $1 depending on what liquor you use. I think if you owned the bar, you wouldn’t be so quick to give everything away. Maybe you should learn to keep your mouth shut before you put the clubs you so call promote out of business. Life isn’t fair, go back to McDonalds if you don’t like the liquor laws...

JACKASS

Originally posted by osb

JACKASS PROMOTER.... ABC is a part of the Division of law and public safety, they issue the liquor licensees you jackass. that’s like letting the motoring public make up the traffic laws. $1 drinks are ok because you’re cost per once will be less than $1 depending on what liquor you use. I think if you owned the bar, you wouldn’t be so quick to give everything away. Maybe you should learn to keep your mouth shut before you put the clubs you so call promote out of business. Life isn’t fair, go back to McDonalds if you don’t like the liquor laws...

JACKASS

lol funny funny.. i know what ABC is, no need to clarify it for me.

By the way, it was the owners ideas for the power hour.. not mine :D

so if u dont like it, dont go!! easy as that..

ps: what does mcdonals have to do with liquor laws???

I know there are a lot of promoters on this board. Some of them are legitimate (VIP-Tech, Serge, Bonsolid to name a few for example), and I in no way mean to bash them. But at a minimum, promoters should be familiar with the liquor laws governing the clubs where they promote. But how these so called "promoters" post on a public forum, put out flyers or even be so irresponsible to go on the radio, with promotions which are CLEARLY in violation of state laws is beyond me. It's funny how legitimate CLUBS don’t need to give away the bar to get people to come in. GOOD promoters promote the room and the DJ's, NOT the free liquor. GOOD promoters most of the time try to push very expensive bottle service, but that’s an entirely other pet peeve that I'll save for another thread.

Originally posted by osb

I know there are a lot of promoters on this board. Some of them are legitimate (VIP-Tech, Serge, Bonsolid to name a few for example), and I in no way mean to bash them. But at a minimum, promoters should be familiar with the liquor laws governing the clubs where they promote. But how these so called "promoters" post on a public forum, put out flyers or even be so irresponsible to go on the radio, with promotions which are CLEARLY in violation of state laws is beyond me. It's funny how legitimate CLUBS don’t need to give away the bar to get people to come in. GOOD promoters promote the room and the DJ's, NOT the free liquor. GOOD promoters most of the time try to push very expensive bottle service, but that’s an entirely other pet peeve that I'll save for another thread.

very true.. i cant say that your wrong!

but as for myself.. im a promoter.. i book the dj, plan the flyers and get the night going.. i dont sit there and study a ABC book, ya know.. It was the owners idea for the power hour and for now its staying.. but u cant blame every promoter that tries to give nj what they want... a good party!!!!