Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Die Another Day

pod

Did anyone see this yet?

****1/2

2h 15m

In a year fraught with mediocre action flicks like xXx and other such imitators, it is refreshing to see a strong Bond film come out of the woodwork. Don't get me wrong, 007 films are among my favorites, but the last few have not been as powerful as they could have been.

For me, the 007 franchise portrays the important things in life, girls, gadgets, and guns, in that order. Though I may not yet be able to travel the world, sleeping with women at will, vanquishing my rivals to the great beyond, and driving a top-shelf Aston Martin Vanquish V12 with all the usual appointments, I can see how it's supposed to be done on the silver screen.

The film itself starts off with a classic opener, with Bond and a team of commandos infiltrating current 'Most Moronic Nation on Earth' North Korea, via a quite interesting mode of transport. Deception ensues, and we prepare for a good 10 minutes of explosions, dead Communists, and Bond in a bit of a bad spot.

Following up this scene comes with a classic credit sequence, which manages to actually propel the plot of the movie forward, along with providing interesting visuals for Madonna's 'Die Another Day'.

The film progresses at quite a pace afterwards, with illusion and deception being the words of the day. For an action film, things get quite complicated sometimes.

But in the end, it's all about the simplicity. Rocket-powered ice sleds, Aston Martins with cloaking devices, mad billionaires, and of course a few wonderful girls for 007 to play with. Halle Berry was a bit too rough around the edges for a Bond Girl, but in terms of looks she fills out the role nicely, especially due to the half a million dollars worth of assets topside. I was especially taken with the secondary Bond Girl, Rosalind Pike, who fills out my need for a sophisticated Bond Girl quite nicely. Oh, and she knows how to handle a sword, too.

This is definitely the best Brosnan 007 film to date, combining the new 'more human' Bond, while bringing back some of the classic elements of the early films.

ok so i wrote a movie review...bored out of my mind...

Originally posted by pod

Did anyone see this yet?

****1/2

2h 15m

In a year fraught with mediocre action flicks like xXx and other such imitators, it is refreshing to see a strong Bond film come out of the woodwork. Don't get me wrong, 007 films are among my favorites, but the last few have not been as powerful as they could have been.

For me, the 007 franchise portrays the important things in life, girls, gadgets, and guns, in that order. Though I may not yet be able to travel the world, sleeping with women at will, vanquishing my rivals to the great beyond, and driving a top-shelf Aston Martin Vanquish V12 with all the usual appointments, I can see how it's supposed to be done on the silver screen.

The film itself starts off with a classic opener, with Bond and a team of commandos infiltrating current 'Most Moronic Nation on Earth' North Korea, via a quite interesting mode of transport. Deception ensues, and we prepare for a good 10 minutes of explosions, dead Communists, and Bond in a bit of a bad spot.

Following up this scene comes with a classic credit sequence, which manages to actually propel the plot of the movie forward, along with providing interesting visuals for Madonna's 'Die Another Day'.

The film progresses at quite a pace afterwards, with illusion and deception being the words of the day. For an action film, things get quite complicated sometimes.

But in the end, it's all about the simplicity. Rocket-powered ice sleds, Aston Martins with cloaking devices, mad billionaires, and of course a few wonderful girls for 007 to play with. Halle Berry was a bit too rough around the edges for a Bond Girl, but in terms of looks she fills out the role nicely, especially due to the half a million dollars worth of assets topside. I was especially taken with the secondary Bond Girl, Rosalind Pike, who fills out my need for a sophisticated Bond Girl quite nicely. Oh, and she knows how to handle a sword, too.

This is definitely the best Brosnan 007 film to date, combining the new 'more human' Bond, while bringing back some of the classic elements of the early films.

ok so i wrote a movie review...bored out of my mind...

I'll check it out.

thanxs Pod:aright:

if you like bond stuff, we are having the jaguar used in the movie displayed on monday at tantra. ritchie swim wear is supplying the bond girls with the swimsuite that halle berry wore in the movie. the jag is going to have the missels and guns still on it from the movie. if you would like to go just e-mail me and i will be happy to put you on the guest list. dave@tantrarestaurant.com

plus louis dee is djaying. not to mention tantra mondays rock..

Originally posted by koky

all the movie critics are saying the same thing...its the best bond film in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.. im gonna have to check it out !! thanx for the review pod

I saw it on opening night and iit was the best Bond I've seen in a loooooong time. Vintage Bond! The invisable car? Get outta here!! Oh, and the women made of ice and fire in the opening credits... Space needs to gwt a hold of those and play them on the big screen!! Awesome movie though