Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Im George Acosta and i used to be a good DJ

tranceisntdead

Originally posted by funketeer

I used to be a good Dj...but I wasn't George Acosta...who am I? :smoke:

Padilla?

but seriously, while his music may not be your thing (as it certainly is not mine) I'm willing to bet all you GA bashers never liked him to begin with.

So jamezny1, if you liked him before, you will still like him now, if you didn't, you still wont.

but never underestimate the talent of some DJ's and their ability to change styles.

I've heard Judge Jules spin one of the best ambiant/downtempo sets I have ever heard.

I've heard GA spin very respectable prog house.

I've even heard phrank spin gabber... (OK, just kidding)

No one gets to GA's level without a broad appreciation of music and mad skills. It wasn't a fluke, just not your thing.

Originally posted by jamezny1

im coming in from nyc to see acosta on new years but i wish you guys could elaborate why he isnt good anymore???does he not spin trance anymore????has he gone commercial???? is he spinning to techie??? does he not play any classics from his first 4 cd"s ???? is he now spinning d&b i mean i if your gonna start a thread why he isnt good anymore wouldnt make sense to explain why he sux now????

The reason GA is not good anymore is because he's spinning new records like cocaine and world in my eyes.

Originally posted by jamezny1

im coming in from nyc to see acosta on new years but i wish you guys could elaborate why he isnt good anymore???does he not spin trance anymore????has he gone commercial???? is he spinning to techie??? does he not play any classics from his first 4 cd"s ???? is he now spinning d&b i mean i if your gonna start a thread why he isnt good anymore wouldnt make sense to explain why he sux now????

Well, to the Miami populace, trance is commercial. Our local dance station plays it nonstop all day. George was nationally syndicated for most of the year, so yeah he has gone commercial. If you think trance is underground, you're off by a long shot.

Originally posted by shroomy

Padilla?

but seriously, while his music may not be your thing (as it certainly is not mine) I'm willing to bet all you GA bashers never liked him to begin with.

I'm not David Padilla!!! :laugh: :laugh:

The thing with George Acosta is that he's being playing in Miami for no less than 10 years...and as far as changing styles go??? Yes, he's probably fallen into trying to be more commercial and more of a crowd-pleaser...which has obviously pissed some of the people that used to like him (or pretended to like him just because he was "it")...I can't even remember what kind of music he used to play when he was a resident at The Spot (don't jump at the gun...I have a point) ...If you are a Dj of the moment or a Dj that specializes in just one type of music then you shock everyone when you suddenly switch to a different genre or style of music...George has played everything and he will probably keep playing for years to come (when most of you had quit clubbing)...even more so now that he's reached national recognition...and believe or not...international recognition as well.

I would've liked to read better and more constructive comments about George than simply "he sucks"...hum...honestly...did you ever liked him??? Do you not like him as a person or as a Dj???

Funk :cool:

ps. when is he getting crucified anyways...is there going to be a guest list?