Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MEETUP SET! SUNDAY, DEC. 8, 8:45 pm!!!

sassa

Hi guys, I know we had a thread before about meeting up with CP members from Cali...maybe something can be arranged in LA during the weekend of 06/12-08/12? I live south of it and will be in the area for the weekend to take the LSAT. Then, trying to figure out something to do...anyone interested?

the 8th sounds great to me :aright: !

remember - we had agreed on some place that's a sunday night... i think lalate and lostin310 both liked the joint. or was it house4life? let's make it all three! but someone has to run that place by me again - i don't remember what it was.

Thanks for the offer!

Is the question about "The Joint"? The Joint is a super tiny bar on ... believe it's Pico and Robertson ... it's for upcoming rock bands to get up and play a few sets .... (No recommendation came from here to go to the Joint lollll and no reccommendation from house4life for Joint (pretty sure house4life doesnt even know the place lol).... it's a cool place if your friend's band is playing ... but other than that ---- incredibly small (imagine 1/2 the first floor of Pig and Whistle), hideously loud (maybe louder than the Roxy) )

Good luck on the LSAT! Watch the games section.

So when's the choice date? The 8th of December? If so, will check what venues have things happening that Sunday ... fyi, Sunday and Monday is super slow currently in LA.

Originally posted by lalate

Is the question about "The Joint"? The Joint is a super tiny bar on ... believe it's Pico and Robertson ... it's for upcoming rock bands to get up and play a few sets .... (No recommendation came from here to go to the Joint lollll and no reccommendation from house4life for Joint (pretty sure house4life doesnt even know the place lol).... it's a cool place if your friend's band is playing ... but other than that ---- incredibly small (imagine 1/2 the first floor of Pig and Whistle), hideously loud (maybe louder than the Roxy) )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nonono!!! the question wasn't about a place called "the joint," i was just using that as a slang word for the general place to which we had agreed :D .

ok - the place is marques w's deep @ 1650, suggested by sebastianxy and given a thumbs-up by house4life. here's the link to the whole thread, if you wanna read it - the info on the choice of venue is on the last page:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118894&perpage=15&highlight=meetup&pagenumber=1

special venues or whatever doesn't matter to me...as long as we can meet one another and have some decent conversation over some drinks, i'm fine....:)

so, great, i will check the board this week and see what everyone wants to do...

this is cool :)

sassa

Originally posted by lalate

Thanks for the offer!

Good luck on the LSAT! Watch the games section.

So when's the choice date? The 8th of December? If so, will check what venues have things happening that Sunday ... fyi, Sunday and Monday is super slow currently in LA.

lol yeah your right lalate lol...never heard of the "joint" lol buut weyes deep sounds good for a meet up!

Originally posted by house4life

lol yeah your right lalate lol...never heard of the "joint" lol buut weyes deep sounds good for a meet up!

lalate wondered here if it's too loud there. i remember someone saying that there was a quiet-ish section of the place, but i agree that i'd like to really be able to hear people. any thoughts on that, as you've been there?

Actually, never been there. (Although referred a ton of people there). And don't know really anything about the interior of the venue.

Do know that tomorrow its M Wyatt and guest dj .... so thinking that means maybe two rooms dj'd? or are they taking turns? If its two rooms, that might be even worse. :(

Sorry dont know more. :(

Originally posted by sassa

does anyone here like smoking sheesha/argeelah?

maybe we can meet up at such a place...

have some tea....whatever...

i don't know what that is, unless it's what a couple on "blind date" did on last night's show. i have a feeling that may be what you're talking about :D - never done that. ok with me :D .

sheesha is fruit flavored tobacco that you put in a water pipe, or argeelah as they're called...they come in many flavors,and is pretty good...doesn't have tar like cigarettes...very little nicotine...

and tea with it is perfect...i dunno, could be cool to see :)

Originally posted by sassa

sheesha is fruit flavored tobacco that you put in a water pipe, or argeelah as they're called...they come in many flavors,and is pretty good...doesn't have tar like cigarettes...very little nicotine...

and tea with it is perfect...i dunno, could be cool to see :)

yep, that's what the couple on "blind date" was up to the other night :D . sounds good to me :aright: .

do you (or anyone else) know of a place in l.a.?

Hiya, wanted to clear up abput Deep... (sixteen fifty)

It is actually a great venue, and coupled with what's coming out of the speakers sun. nights, probably one of my favorite places/ nights in LA...

It used to be a theater, so when you walk in there is a "foyer" sort of space with a small bar and areas for sitting. To the right is an even quieter semi-enclosed space , sort of a chill out room with a few couches and coffee tables....

Then there's the big room, wood, high ceilings, a bar running along one side and sofas, chairs and tables along the other side. The dance floor is large, the PA system is great, and there's even a smoking room in the back. No VIP areas, it's all open for everyone, people come to dance and they leave the Versace and the attitudes at the door...

i just found out i have to work till 8 on sunday in santa monica :( . would 8:45 be ok for a meetup time, wherever we go?

and someone pick a place, already (weyes doesn't go anywhere but loud, big places, and has no knowledge of the types of places at which we'd want to meet)!

ok, kids!

let's meet here at 8:45:

http://www.gypsycafe.com/index.html

sheesha, like sassa suggested, and the desserts look good, too. there's also regular food, for the weirdos who don't eat cake all day :D .

it's in westwood, and the site even has directions from all over the place.

i'll be wearing a baseball tee from the 70s that's blue with white raglan sleeves (and has a silly message on the front :goofy: ). can't miss me :D .

post back, y'all, so i know i won't be going alone :D !

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I didn't see anything posted before Friday night, I assumed nothing was happening....too bad I didn't see this in time :mad::(

I ended up going to Palm Springs instead...:aright:

Maybe for another time, we can plan well in advance?

Sorry, I was down in San Diego and didn't get into Hollywood till around 10, so Westwood didn't work.

Hope it went well, it anyone else went, otherwise it needs to be set in advance, like we did Honey, Weyes...

Speaking of which, might go to Derby tonight, MWyatt spinning, and it's free... S K's b-ay...

Anyone interested?