Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lauderdale Was Off The Hook....

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

THIS IS SIMPLY THE BEST TOWN IN AMERICA.. HANDS DOWN...

STARTED OFF AT THIS JOINT CALLED MAXS... WOW:eek: :eek:

PIGEONS EVERY WHERE... 3 FOR 1 TOP SHELF DRINKS.. REALLY CLASSY JOINT. THEN WE MADE IT THREW THE 10,000 PEOPLE DOWN TOWN AND GOT TO STAR BAR... YEA THE MUSIC SUCKED, BUT MAN THAT PLACE WAS PACKED....... IT WAS A HIP HOP MUSIC FORMAT, APPARENTLY THE DUDE GOT MIXED UP AND FORGOT TO BRING HIS HOUSE RECORDS. AND USUALLY IF I WOULD OF DROVE, I WOULD HAVE GRABBED SOME GUDIO FIST PUMPING CDS FROM MY CAR, AND ROCKED THAT MOTHER FUCKER.. ANY WAYS THE REGAE WAS COOL, OLD SCHOOL RUN DMC WAS GREAT, SLICK RICK, DELA SOLE. THE DJ WAS A REALLY GOOD RAP DJ, BUT ITS NOT MY THING, BUT TECHNICALY HE WAS REALLY GOOD. CROWD WAS JAMMING, AND THE PLACE WAS PACKED... PIGEONS WERE EVERY WHERE..........:eek: :eek: I HAD A BLAST...JUST HAD TO BLOCK OUT THE HIP HOP... BUT NOOOOOOOOO THUGS... AT ALL.. THOSE NIGGAS STAYED IN MIAMI WERE THEY BELONG... BLING BLING!

ANY WAY ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE DJS IS "ALMOST" ON BOARD FOR A LAUDERDALE APPEARENCE... YOU GUYS WILL LOVE IT...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

THIS IS SIMPLY THE BEST TOWN IN AMERICA.. HANDS DOWN...

Not even close hehe :) I'd honestly rather take a flight to visit my parents and hang out in Jersey than go to Fort Lauderdale.

Again, why would we come up there to see our 'favorite' Miami DJs, when we can just see them in Miami for far less, and get there in far less time?

The only crowd that would go see a favorite local Miami DJ in Fort Lauderdale is the crowd that lives up there...even then, the night is usually over at 3 AM...and most of the FTL people I know would rather come down here anyway. Maybe things are changing, but the clubs up there both in talent and in technical quality are half of what a good Miami club has at best. Grant it, the crowds on the street suck nowadays, but I've found a few tactics to avoid them, so I've adapted. I'd still like to see them gone for good, but that's not gonna happen for awhile yet....

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Miami would have to be nuked off the map (without damaging Broward..) for a 'grand exodus' of the club scene. Sure, this Star Bar or whatever may be doing good things, and yeah, the Chili Pepper may be reopening (so fucking what, it was a hole when it re-opened last time!), but one or two clubs does not make a scene...and any quality DJs who stop in there will more than likely do a Miami date a day or two later anyhow.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Not even close hehe :) I'd honestly rather take a flight to visit my parents and hang out in Jersey than go to Fort Lauderdale.

Again, why would we come up there to see our 'favorite' Miami DJs, when we can just see them in Miami for far less, and get there in far less time?

The only crowd that would go see a favorite local Miami DJ in Fort Lauderdale is the crowd that lives up there...even then, the night is usually over at 3 AM...and most of the FTL people I know would rather come down here anyway. Maybe things are changing, but the clubs up there both in talent and in technical quality are half of what a good Miami club has at best. Grant it, the crowds on the street suck nowadays, but I've found a few tactics to avoid them, so I've adapted. I'd still like to see them gone for good, but that's not gonna happen for awhile yet....

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Miami would have to be nuked off the map (without damaging Broward..) for a 'grand exodus' of the club scene. Sure, this Star Bar or whatever may be doing good things, and yeah, the Chili Pepper may be reopening (so fucking what, it was a hole when it re-opened last time!), but one or two clubs does not make a scene...and any quality DJs who stop in there will more than likely do a Miami date a day or two later anyhow.

Things you have to consider:

1. I'm 25 now going on 26, my days of hitting up a major club twice a weekend all the time are over

2. Lauderdale is closer to us

3. Its cleaner

4. offers everything from punk, to club, to bar, to upscale wine and dinning

5. you don't have to spend a million dollars to have fun

6. lauderdale is not competiting with miami. they are doing their thing, and maybe in doing so they will lure some miami ites up here.

7. Star bar will have all the talent you see in maimi and then some

8. the its a change of scenery

9. I've seen one of my fav djs (tsettos) in at least 10 different venues... Which is why miami sucks, too few djs get to cross over and play the other clubs, which is why a space is locking down certain guys.. Variety is the spice of life

10. Parking is 5 bucks

11. Hands down the best looking, and most abundant women in America. (till any of yous, been to 40 states like i have then don't talk.) Dui has lived and been all over the world and agrees with me.

12. Girls are nice, approchable, have personalities.

13. You don't need a english to spanish translating book to survive

14. Less niggas

15. Open till 430am

16. Does not clear out till 4am (trust me i'm there every week) Your club spin you love so much clears out at 230am...

17. Where else can you buy and drink on the street till 430am?

18. There is tons of places off the beaten path that are cool.

19. People are friendly, i see the same faces out, and we chat and do shots...

20. No one is saying we will abandon miami. Hell i'm going to maze opening night. Got comps..

21. You guys on here are ego centric.

pod this argument could last for years.. but trust me when I say, its comming and it will be big... Its one of those things if it fails, i'll have to eat my words.. But don't dismiss something when none on this board have gone down there... PS since you are part of cooljunkie, and trust me when i say the biggest of big talent is commming, maybe you guys should venture up here, take some pics, and look around one day... Who knows you may like what yous see:idea:

say the word and cooljunkie and you will have full access...

1. I'm 25 now going on 26, my days of hitting up a major club twice a weekend all the time are over

I'm 23, not that much younger than you...but grant it I go 'all out' one day a week, and the rest are '75 percent out'...eat your Wheaties in the morning :)

2. Lauderdale is closer to us

3.It's Cleaner

Got me there. As much as I like the beach, Washington Avenue is filthy. But then again, I don't want to see it become clean like Collins Avenue. The grit adds charachter, but I think they could do away with the homeless. Ship 'em off to some island somewhere.

4. offers everything from punk, to club, to bar, to upscale wine and dinning

Miami in general has this. South Beach is exclusively club and fine dining. Venture out into the city itself, you'll get the fine dining (Norman's in Coral Gables), punk (any place in the Grove), club (Space), bar (Churchills)...

6. lauderdale is not competiting with miami. they are doing their thing, and maybe in doing so they will lure some miami ites up here.

Really? From what you told me, they're getting Miami DJs to come up...looks like competition to me...which is a good thing. If anything, a perceived threat from the north may make some of the beach clubs shape up a bit, kick the bling bling to the curb, and start doing more quality events. :)

7. It's a change of scenery

Got me there too. If it was easy for me, I'd check it out more often...provided there's an event worth going to. I'm not gonna burn money on a cab/Tri-Rail/Star Trek transporter beam just for a change of scenery. I'll stay home, I honestly don't see enough of my place at nighttime, the pool looks kinda nifty all lit up. When you can, give us specifics, maybe I can rustle up a few people to come on up. Most people I know aren't gonna go to FTL 'just because'...if you said "Hey guys, the LES are gonna be in town, playing their only South Florida date...", you could get a showing.

10. Parking is 5 bucks

It's 5 bucks on the beach too. Depends on which lot. Free if you're downtown and park on the street. Grant it, the bums harass you for money, but do what I do, and threaten to grab a police officer. Technically, the bums can't harass you, it's illegal.

Either that, or just arrange a meeting with God for them.

11. Hands down the best looking, and most abundant women in America. (till any of yous, been to 40 states like i have then don't talk.) Dui has lived and been all over the world and agrees with me.

I'll give you that. Girls are more sensible up there. Most Miami girls are stuck-up Queen Bitches. Which is why I only grab tourist girls.

13. You don't need a english to spanish translating book to survive

Got me there. I can cope with Miami's bi-lingualism, but a lot of people can't...

14. Less niggas

Uh-oh, you're gonna set off the PC Patrol! :eek:

I may not agree with the terminology, but I'll agree with the concept. I tend to use the term 'thug' or 'bling-blinger'. There's white thugs, black thugs, Latin thugs, even Asian thugs...thuggery knows no color.

15. Open till 430am

Depends on where in FTL I guess. I've seen places close at 3 up there.

16. Does not clear out till 4am (trust me i'm there every week) Your club spin you love so much clears out at 230am...

Spin has some tough nights, yeah, but you shoulda been there for the Desyn Masiello night a couple of weeks ago. It was slammed till about 4 or so...

17. Where else can you buy and drink on the street till 430am?

A lot of people get away with it on the beach, even though it is illegal.

18. There is tons of places off the beaten path that are cool.

Same here. Every major city has it. There's little neighborhood bars near me that aren't that shabby.

19. People are friendly, i see the same faces out, and we chat and do shots...

Same here. There's assholes in Miami, and I'm sure there's jerks in FTL, but I have a 'core group' of people I see all the time that I have a few drinks with every weekend.

20. No one is saying we will abandon miami. Hell i'm going to maze opening night. Got comps..

I know you don't like BT, but I'll give you credit for scopin' out the venue. I'll introduce ya to some of the people there, maybe you can get something going.

21. You guys on here are ego centric.

Maybe we are. But Miami has a lot going for it, it was really good at one point, we're in a slump right now. I got here in '97, and experienced 3 great years down here. 2001 was ehh at best, 2002 has been kinda slow so far...it'll come back though. It's cyclic.

OK, so FTL is cleaner, maybe a bit cheaper, and the girls are nicer. But I can live cheaply, and I ferret out the good girls in any club. As for cleaner, yeah Miami needs some work.

Seriously though, when you can, give myself, Nick and Sarah some specifics...I'll see what I can do.

Alright...I read what you guys had to say. Now, I really hope I'm wrong...and that I've just had bad luck. Every club I've been to in Miami has been PACKED with guys. I mean, 10 guys to every girl just isn't fun. Space last night was at least that. Same thing last Saturday. I mean, where the hell are the girls?!?! I just moved down here...and I'm disappointed. Tampa Bay had at least equal amounts of girls and guys. My idea of fun is not going to a club to dance and be surrounded by dudes! Where do the girls go?!?!

At this point, I don't care what kind of music is played at the club...I just want a healthy male-to-female ratio! Any suggestions? Help, please. I guess I'll have to check Ft. Lauderdale and hope there's at least some women there... :mad:

Originally posted by elduderino

Alright...I read what you guys had to say. Now, I really hope I'm wrong...and that I've just had bad luck. Every club I've been to in Miami has been PACKED with guys. I mean, 10 guys to every girl just isn't fun. Space last night was at least that. Same thing last Saturday. I mean, where the hell are the girls?!?! I just moved down here...and I'm disappointed. Tampa Bay had at least equal amounts of girls and guys. My idea of fun is not going to a club to dance and be surrounded by dudes! Where do the girls go?!?!

At this point, I don't care what kind of music is played at the club...I just want a healthy male-to-female ratio! Any suggestions? Help, please. I guess I'll have to check Ft. Lauderdale and hope there's at least some women there... :mad:

Do what I do. Go to Opium once or twice a month. Go to Nikkis on Sunday's to recover the hang over. Go to Privee one Friday a month. Go to Mynt on a Wedenesday to listen to shitty hip-hop but the best looking girls any modeling agency can buy. Go to Pearl once a month. Go to Lincoln Road any nite and have a nice dinner that can be better than sex. Go to Lola on a Saturday once a month. Go to Jazid the last Wednesday of each month (last nite was amazing, BTW it's Brazilian nite:eek: ). Go to Big Fish once a month. Go to Fuacata on Thursdays once a month. Go to Senor Frogs on a Monday once a month. Go to a PMS party when they throw one. Go to Automatic Slims once a month. Go to Blue on a weekday once a month (Tuesdays and Wednesdays are fun). Go to BED on a Wednesday once a month........

And still you have Space, Spin, Crobar and Level??:confused:

That's more or less what I do.;)

Guest saleen351

POD, once again, you have some good points. I have already spoken to the new owners about cooljunkie. I was gonna bring it up with nick, but i just have been waiting till i get more info on the shit going down.. I'm really pushing for a saleen351 birthday bash on the jan 24 or 25. my bd is the 16th but my man is open for those dates, so we are gonna try and book him, and maybe get a special appearance of some other djs.. So that is my goal, cause i know with my dj, my promotional style, and my "influence" for lack of a better word, with the club boards... it could be really cool... just have to check out whos spining at level, crobar, maze and space those nights, and have to hope for great weather.. if it doesn't work out, no biggie, i have the costs all done in my head and we will cover our heads that night...

ps someone on this board is the new resident of the club...:eek:

you'll see...

ps i should write the lauderdale gossip colum on cooljunkie:D

elduderino- space has sucked with girls since last spring and early summer. there is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pigeons there.. its like gay night... lauderdale has 2000 more hot chicks per night then sobe and miami combined...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by milano

Do what I do. Go to Opium once or twice a month. Go to Nikkis on Sunday's to recover the hang over. Go to Privee one Friday a month. Go to Mynt on a Wedenesday to listen to shitty hip-hop but the best looking girls any modeling agency can buy. Go to Pearl once a month. Go to Lincoln Road any nite and have a nice dinner that can be better than sex. Go to Lola on a Saturday once a month. Go to Jazid the last Wednesday of each month (last nite was amazing, BTW it's Brazilian nite:eek: ). Go to Big Fish once a month. Go to Fuacata on Thursdays once a month. Go to Senor Frogs on a Monday once a month. Go to a PMS party when they throw one. Go to Automatic Slims once a month. Go to Blue on a weekday once a month (Tuesdays and Wednesdays are fun). Go to BED on a Wednesday once a month........

And still you have Space, Spin, Crobar and Level??:confused:

That's more or less what I do.;)

bro, you need to get to some AA meetings with that schedule..:D

Guest saleen351

:smoke: + 2 beers:cool:

for me, its 1 therma pros +4 beers and you are :eek: :eek: :eek:

10437_thermapro_ephedra.jpg

look at the warning it comes with:

Item Therma Proâ„¢ with Ephedra

Size/Form 60, 120 Capsules

SKU Number 10436,10437

Recommended

Daily Dosage Take 1 capsule three times per day for a lean body.* Do not take past 6 PM and do not exceed 4 capsules per day. [Adults Only]

In the end I think FTL will be complementary to the Miami scene, neither will destroy the other.

As for the guy/girl ratio, I've never understood that really. I don't go to clubs to pick up girls, most girls in a club aren't worth my time. Grant it, going out is my job, but I don't actively seek out a girl when I go clubbing...if they come to me, it's another story...

I'm basically 'secure' enough to not be bothered by being surrounded by a bunch of guys. When I am with a girl at a club, chances are I know her from the outside, or she came in with me...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Saleen? who is ur Dj? Denny?

do u really think, i'd post on here what dj i want to play down here....:tongue:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Well its eith Denny, Manny or Santana.

Maybe even Rydell

:blank: :blank:

though all four of them are good djs, only one has the name to play down here..

Guest saleen351

Don't tell me it's gonna be Ivanno or Cedric!!:mad:

brian1500 lives in NJ and me and him know the same djs in nj... trust me ivanno should play lauderdale, he'd fit right in, but cedric i have no idea, no one every gave him good reviews, but anyways what you see me post about is all ny/nj guys, no miami/sobe or foreign guys.. My goal is to provide the transplants a northeast party, with northeast beats, djs, classics, energy etc.... us nj/nyc folk are left out i'm trying to bring that here, and so far its on track. But i don't work for any club, so i just talk shit till someone listens:D

though all four of them are good djs, only one has the name to play down here..

IMO no one of the four have the name recognition yet. No disrespect to any of them cause they all are great DJs. I think Denny would be a good fit down there. His mixing is flawless.

brian1500 lives in NJ and me and him know the same djs in nj... trust me ivanno should play lauderdale, he'd fit right in, but cedric i have no idea, no one every gave him good reviews, but anyways what you see me post about is all ny/nj guys, no miami/sobe or foreign guys.. My goal is to provide the transplants a northeast party, with northeast beats, djs, classics, energy etc.... us nj/nyc folk are left out i'm trying to bring that here, and so far its on track. But i don't work for any club, so i just talk shit till someone listens:D

:laugh: :laugh: & you do it well if i do say so myself :D:laugh: