Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected??

joeg

This cd is MUCH better than their first (all killer, no filler)... their singles showed their potential, but IMO the cd itself wasn't that good... this cd really shows off a lot more of what they can do...

you can also tell they have (as they have stated) strong influences from heavy metal, which is what sets this cd apart from alot of the other potpourri punk bands you hear right now...

the only negative thing i can say about this is the song "hooch" sounds like a blatent rip of "boom" by P.O.D...

I have the UK retail version, not sure if that means i got anything extra you won't get in the stores here... but overall this is pretty good...

i think they're going to be one of the few punk bands (if you'll lend them that label, given the commercial potential of them a la the offspring, greenday, and others...) that we'll be seeing a lot of decent stuff being released in the next few years...

Anyone heard Save Ferris' new cd?? the copy I d/l didn't work... gotta find another... I heard their old cd "modified" a long time ago and was hooked.... Very few good punk/ska/whatever bands with female leads...

Originally posted by joeg

its pop-punk... real punk music doesn't get radio play or tv time... and thus, my posts would be EVEN more wasted talking about it...

i dunno man then it would be cool and underground and trendy!

lol can u tell im mad bored tonight?

Originally posted by jayp

i dunno man then it would be cool and underground and trendy!

lol can u tell im mad bored tonight?

it is cool and underground and trendy... thats why they'res the watered down pop versions of it...

you remember going down to the punk shows with everyone dressed as "punk" as they could... lol... you think thats gonna get play on mtv? lol... they have to put it on the rocks so they can mass-market it and get Everyone to hear it...

BUT, the fact that they're marketable doesn't necesserily have to take away from their skill as an artist...

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

*insert witty comment about how real punk died before joeg got out of his pampers*

yeah i thought about it but eh. i guess they're the new green day. except green day at one point were ok, these guys sucked right from the beginning. :laugh: