Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another chance for Space, and they blow it again!

shroomy

OK after staying away from Space because of their obscene security people I decided to give it another try last Wednesday for Judge Jules.

First I must say that I am not the typical Guido looking to get in free, do more drugs than I can handle, and drink for free or not at all.

I am always well dressed, have a girl with me, and am polite (well usually polite) and believe it or not, I was totally sober.

The night started well when the doorman respected the password even a few minutes after midnight. It kept going well as Roland spun a nice opening set and they opened up the patio for DHM (who I was mostly there to see anyway)

Then I realized that I left my credit card in my car. To my surprise the doorman said no problem, just hurry up and he would take care of me! Wow! A polite nice doorman/security guy at Space, who would have guessed.

When I got back, I wanted to tip him to say thanks but didn’t have anything below a $20 so I went in and told my friends to wait a sec and got change.

When I got back to the door, there was a different guy there talking to another of the security guys. So I asked if the black guy who was working the door a second ago was around. (so I could tip him)

He immediately jumps all over my shit “CANT YOU SEE I AM HAVING A CONVERSATION HERE!!!†he screams at me while holding his arms out and trying to do some gorilla chest bumping crap. I was amazed. Here I am a customer trying to take care of the door guy, getting screamed at by some roided out two-bit security asshole. I can’t even remember the other things he just screamed at me.

Here I am, trying to give away my money, trying to have a good time with my friends, and getting screamed at and put down from the place where I am the patron!

I was too amazed to even be pissed at the time. About that time the other (very cool) guy came back and calmed the gorilla down for enough time for me to tip him, but then he just starts off on me again. I walked away in amazement.

If I am treated like this at my age (over 30) and well dressed. I can’t imagine how he treats the typical broke young kid who just wants to have some fun for his money and hear some decent music.

I have no idea how someone could hire someone who puts up such a negative image of his establishment.

How Luis can hire great people like Chris and Biz, and then let this crap go on is beyond my imagination.

BTW the cool guy was black, about 6’2†around 230lbs and pretty big. The asshole was huge and around 6’ 5†260 ish with short dark brown hair in almost a flat top type of haircut.

Originally posted by shroomy

OK after staying away from Space because of their obscene security people I decided to give it another try last Wednesday for Judge Jules.

First I must say that I am not the typical Guido looking to get in free, do more drugs than I can handle, and drink for free or not at all.

I am always well dressed, have a girl with me, and am polite (well usually polite) and believe it or not, I was totally sober.

The night started well when the doorman respected the password even a few minutes after midnight. It kept going well as Roland spun a nice opening set and they opened up the patio for DHM (who I was mostly there to see anyway)

Then I realized that I left my credit card in my car. To my surprise the doorman said no problem, just hurry up and he would take care of me! Wow! A polite nice doorman/security guy at Space, who would have guessed.

When I got back, I wanted to tip him to say thanks but didn’t have anything below a $20 so I went in and told my friends to wait a sec and got change.

When I got back to the door, there was a different guy there talking to another of the security guys. So I asked if the black guy who was working the door a second ago was around. (so I could tip him)

He immediately jumps all over my shit “CANT YOU SEE I AM HAVING A CONVERSATION HERE!!!” he screams at me while holding his arms out and trying to do some gorilla chest bumping crap. I was amazed. Here I am a customer trying to take care of the door guy, getting screamed at by some roided out two-bit security asshole. I can’t even remember the other things he just screamed at me.

Here I am, trying to give away my money, trying to have a good time with my friends, and getting screamed at and put down from the place where I am the patron!

I was too amazed to even be pissed at the time. About that time the other (very cool) guy came back and calmed the gorilla down for enough time for me to tip him, but then he just starts off on me again. I walked away in amazement.

If I am treated like this at my age (over 30) and well dressed. I can’t imagine how he treats the typical broke young kid who just wants to have some fun for his money and hear some decent music.

I have no idea how someone could hire someone who puts up such a negative image of his establishment.

How Luis can hire great people like Chris and Biz, and then let this crap go on is beyond my imagination.

BTW the cool guy was black, about 6’2” around 230lbs and pretty big. The asshole was huge and around 6’ 5” 260 ish with short dark brown hair in almost a flat top type of haircut.

I think DHM should bring their own staff ....... when they play Space....... just like Tenaglia does ......... ;)

:hat:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by shroomy

BTW the cool guy was black, about 6’2†around 230lbs and pretty big.

That dudes name is jeff. He is part of the space security crew who still has a brain!!! Very cool dude, which also said that he would take care of me too!!! cuz i asked him if i could take down a steve lawler poster which was still up on wednesday, and put it in my car so it wouldnt get ruined while i was in the club!!!

yea man jeff is the shit! that guy has always treated me with absolute respect every time i go...without fail...i remember once i was on Biz's list and stephan was taking forever to check for my name and had left me in the front for liek five minutes waiting with my two chicks and he basically told stephan that we needed to get moving so the line could go smoother (basically telling him to just hurry and look us up to get me in) so he did and we got comp'd..mad props to jeff man :D hes the shit..now that other guy...dude theres this one guy that looks like the spitting image of zangeif from the streetfighter movie...with the cheap imitation elvis sideburns, that treats everyone like shit! i really hope that he is only temporary because man he stinks.... Biz if you like i could recommend some guys to work the door, a few of my brothers are ex wrestlers that are 6 foot- 250 plus guys with brains...so if anything PM me and we will do some networkin;)

Anyways bro..im out..ill call you sometime this week to talk about a small dilemma i have anyways..peace!

BTW... track of the week: DopeMan- Hardbazz Powah!