Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Under the mistletoe

mistletoe.jpg

Now that we're all drunk and standing under the mistletoe, kiss me girls and I will educate you about the history of mistletoe. According to legend, an unmarried woman who is not kissed under the Christmas Mistletoe will remain single another year. So start kissing... ladies feel free to kiss each other! Guys if I see you kissing, you will be banned from the Jersey board.

The History of Mistletoe

Long ago it was said that Mistletoe was brought to earth by a stroke of lightning that struck the oak trees and therefore shared its strength and used as a remedy by hunters and athletes and swordsman because of its magical and strengthening effects. From the earliest times Mistletoe has been one of the most magical, mysterious, and sacred plant of European folklore. Because the mistletoe is capable of growing on its own and producing its own food, the image of immortality comes forth.

Mistletoe is well-known as a sacred plant. The Druids of old considered it sacred because in the dead of winter, when the branches of the oak tree were are, and all of nature seemed dead, the mistletoe high in the trees was still green and flourished without having roots in the earth. To them it represented the life and spirit of the tree. In Greek myth, Persphone opened the gates of Hades with Mistletoe berries.

It is considered a giver of life and fertility and an aphrodisiac. It was said to symbolize the feminine need for masculine protection and provision and its white berries made this plant a lunar plant, the female or a fertility symbol.

Peace is used in describing this plant, under which enemies could declare a truce or warring spouses kiss and make up.

Kissing under the Mistletoe has become a popular Christmas custom. It has been forgotten for the most part that a berry of the plant is to be plucked off for each kiss given, thus when the berries are gone, there is to be no more kissing. According to legend, an unmarried woman who is not kissed under the Christmas Mistletoe will remain single another year. A romantic symbol that represents happiness, peace and welcome. Ancient enemies, accidentally meeting under wild mistletoe in the forest, would embrace and enjoy a day of truce. It is also believed that mistletoe bestows good fortune and blessings upon everyone who walks beneath it. In the Middle Ages and later, branches of the mistletoe were hung from ceilings to ward off evil spirits and in Europe they were placed over house and stable doors to prevent the entrance of witches.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!For a second, i thought someone bit off of our MISTLETOE THEME PARTY.That would have sucked. Its coming, for all you misletoe fans......

FRIDAY DEC.20TH

MISLETOE 2:A METRO LOUNGE HOLIDAY THEME PARTY

PUCKER UP EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................:comit: :comit: :comit: :comit: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2::makeout: :makeout:

Originally posted by njdionysus

mistletoe.jpg

Now that we're all drunk and standing under the mistletoe, kiss me girls and I will educate you about the history of mistletoe. According to legend, an unmarried woman who is not kissed under the Christmas Mistletoe will remain single another year. So start kissing... ladies feel free to kiss each other! Guys if I see you kissing, you will be banned from the Jersey board.

:kiss2:

:D