Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drama at Limelight (Estate),read on........

e hear there's already trouble brewing at the newly opened Estate (né the Limelight). Neighborhood watchdogs the Flatiron Alliance are suing the State Liquor Authority, contending that the club's liquor license should be considered "new," not transferable. It also alleges the license is a breach of the 500-feet law (which maintains that no more than three liquor licenses can exist within 500 feet of each other).

The judge hasn't ruled on the matter yet. Why? Acting Manhattan Supreme Court justice Marylin Diamond is busy with her own problems. She was recently accused of faking her own death threats so that she could get security detail (paid for by you and me). Her case is still being investigated.

The drama doesn't end there. Members of Community Board 5 and the Flatiron Alliance are also fuming, saying they've been duped by the Chelsea club. They allege that respected gay party promoter and co-owner John Blair is just a front, and that Spa's David Marvisi is the real puppet master behind Estate. (Super gossip Michael Musto first reported the rumor back in July.)

Let's rewind. Young real estate mogul Ben Ashkenazy bought the building back when Peter Gatien was first facing trial. Then when the former club kingpin went bust, Ashkenazy bought the business from bankruptcy court for $3 million and sold it to his wife, Debra Ashkenazy, and Blair. Blair, who is well liked in Chelsea, was paraded before the community boards and the State Liquor Authority as the new owner. Community Board 5 recommended against the license but the SLA went ahead anyway, saying that a Blair club would be a boon for the gay community, as gay clubs are considered less troublesome than the straight party set.

"It is my job as managing partner to make sure that we deliver to the community and state the promises we made when applying for the liquor license," says Blair.

Marvisi entered the picture recently, say sources. After the liquor license was granted, his car (a canary yellow Bentley) was frequently spotted parked outside Estate during renovations. Rumors abound that not only is Marvisi now part owner of the building, he's also running the club, pushing Blair out of the, yep, limelight.

Says a source: "If he's just a landlord, fine. But if he's running the business end in any way, then it's a veil, and that's illegal." Even Blair seems confused: "I have been told (but have never seen any proof) that he [Marvisi] owns some part of the building with Ben Ashkenazy."

One insider says as far he knows, it's common knowledge that Marvisi is a "principal owner" of the club, and that he's running things "temporarily."

Meanwhile, the only night that has Blair's gay-gay-gay stamp on it is Sunday. The rest of the week is run by promoters who prefer a straight, bottle-service clientele.

Blair confirmed that Marvisi "is (for the moment) acting as our straight promotional director. My partner Ben Ashkenazy felt that he could help Estate with straight parties. [Marvisi] is not my partner."

Marvisi would not return repeated calls to his cell phone and his business.

i mean i totally agree with u

anythign that mr marvisi touches or buys turns to dirt or garbage

he has no taste or style

i mean all he does is let children who cannot dress into exit and that is one thing you will never see sf do

he thinks he is the next peter gatien and he is not

someone shoot him

i just hope he never buys my fav club (level) in miami

i mean i totally agree with u

anythign that mr marvisi touches or buys turns to dirt or garbage

he has no taste or style

i mean all he does is let children who cannot dress into exit and that is one thing you will never see sf do

he thinks he is the next peter gatien and he is not

someone shoot him

i just hope he never buys my fav club (level) in miami

Let me tell you this....

There is some serious fucking dram going on in that building, with staff being fired n re hired, n Blair not getting the pull he was TOLd he was gonna be getting....

Drama Drama Drama

i dont think estate will live a long club life....

not with the games that are being played this early in the game..

Amen to peter!

on the subject.....

Even tho the man was Shady, and fucked alot of people out of money,

He still knew how to run a fucking club....ya know?

non of these other idiots out here DO....

minus a few,

but i dont know, i loved all his clubs, USA palladium, Tunnel, Limelight....i remember the opeing of the tunnel in 87"

AMAZING!! i mean this guy had a vision.....and he did it

and he was never EVER SHADY TO ME.... smiles and warm hugs...

Except 1 time, when i Blew up at his old door girl who worked the ropes @ Palldaium....Still hate that bitch....LOL

But yea....Ny sucks now....lol i hate snobby elite clubs, but its like the only Decent thing to do......sip Free cosmos, and get a booth.

thank god for Dance floors like Arc, N Baktun, sometimes even shelter n centro.....if not for these places, i would MOVER TO LONDON........LOL:laugh:

and i hate london....Way to Gray" ish......

back when i was growing up in new jersey....i had friends that used to go to the tunnel every weekend.....they loved it...but all my other friends said it was just some cheesy dance club in ny....i look back now after hearing about it on this board and get so pissed that i never went.....i was a little dissapointed in LL....maybe when the get new sound???......the staff was great....the lights were great.....the people not so great....i'm gonna give it another shot....

jaysea - can you go to sundays if your not gay....will me and my girlfriend stick out like two sore thumbs???...

iv been to i think.......two different sundays....all with victer spinning and the crowd was GAy, but there was deff a nice mix......Fags n Hags, muscle boys, n queens some Drags in the VIP....few freaks.....Some roxy head's alot of old DRAMA sunday Crew.....

it was cool, a nice mix, sound is suppose to be in, i tihnk....and the door policy is so laid back, u can wear sneaker's n shit, and Victer spins some SICk shit.......TRIBAL n deap deap sounds......

few vocals here n there, but its niceeee

"i ll be worken u till sunday....day day day day"

"Hello this shit aint for free Bitch"

Thump thump thump thump!!

Hahaha

"Welcome to church"

"this is my church church church church"