Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Totally OT- Pilates and/or Yoga

Can anyone recommend a good pilates or yoga video? I need something I can do at home whenever I have time and I dont know the first thing about either.... also if anyone can tell me why I might want to do one versus the other that would be helpful.

Peanut gallery will kindly keep their comments to themselves :tongue:

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

As soon as I reach the superior plateau of "self oral gratification"

...I will gladly share my souces.

(sorry Lavy)

LOL.... why do you think I'm doing it. ;)

Anyone done any of the crunch videos? I'm thinking about these two:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005LQ1K/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/002-2813475-8128810?v=glance&s=video

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006FMB5/qid=1039112779/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_7/002-2813475-8128810?v=glance&s=video#product-details

actually - T and I were doing a little research and hula hooping is like all the rage now. You can get a pro set and its like weighted and stuff and people claim to be loosing 1 - 2 inches around the waist each month. Plus you can watch TV and stuff while doing it AND its good for flexibility (so it could help out with that self gratification thing too :aright)

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

Can anyone recommend a good pilates or yoga video? I need something I can do at home whenever I have time and I dont know the first thing about either.... also if anyone can tell me why I might want to do one versus the other that would be helpful.

Peanut gallery will kindly keep their comments to themselves :tongue:

i recommend doing a yogilates video which combines both

i kind of get bored with the yoga alone

however if u havent done yoga before some of the moves might be a little difficult

u should try taking either one of the classes first with an instructor

otherwise u might be doing the moves wrong on your own

which might do more damage then good

i have the winsor pilates tapes...i got them off some stupid infomercial and i got convinced i should get them. haha. anyways, it came w/ 3 diff tapes. they are 20 min each, so its not long at all. it seems pretty good. i dont do it though that often, usually on the days i dont go to the gym. good luck!