Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The official George Acosta @ Spin Press Release

spacious

DJ GEORGE ACOSTA BEGINS HIS NEW SATURDAY NIGHT RESIDENCY AT CLUB SPIN SOUTH BEACH SATURDAY DECEMBER 21 2002

World Renowned DJ/Producer George Acosta and Club Spin have recently established a new partnership.

The Original Miami bad boy of trance returns home to hold a weekly residency once again on South Beach. Due to his world tours and amazing global demand, Acosta has not held a steady weekly residency in his hometown since the famous Shadow Lounge. George will once again flood the floor and deliver his world-famous, high energy, foot stomping, heart pounding electronic music sessions every Saturday night at his new home: Club Spin.

Spin has captured world recognition as a first class dance music venue where many renowned DJs such as Deep Dish, Tiesto and Paul Oakenfold have performed. Mr. Oakenfold has described Spin as "my favorite club to spin at in the world.†Spin was designed specifically for DJs like Oakenfold and George Acosta who enjoy the energy and feedback they receive when performing in front of their fans.

George Acosta and Club Spin are the perfect combination for an unforgettable Saturday night on SoBe. Join us Saturday December 21st and be a part of history as we inaugurate a new chapter in the illustrious DJ career of DJ Producer and Miami native, George Acosta.

I really think that this will absolutely kick ass if. . . .he realizes that this is will be a new home, that Luis is also of this city, that both people have paid their dues and are world recognized, that the sound sytem takes care of business, that this is a NEW residency that starts where Mr. Acosta wants it to. He can play whatever he wants. He does not have to play any specific kind of expected set at all. He can try new things and see how it works. It will be his new home, take risks. Its not like someone is paying him $6,000 ("I'm guessing this number, have no idea rate) to play what they "expect" him to play. Have fun. Be creative. Make me want to leave my Saturday party for an hour to check some of his set every now and then. I don't know. I'm kinda buzzed, been promoting hard for the last couple of days. Its 5:30 am. Rockin' all night. I think this could be cool. I could be totally wrong here. Its just my opinion and that's all I have to say about that.

JB

"this is a NEW residency that starts where Mr. Acosta wants it to. He can play whatever he wants. He does not have to play any specific kind of expected set at all. He can try new things and see how it works. It will be his new home, take risks...Have fun. Be creative".

Well said Mr. B.

Originally posted by joeygk

That's too funny! :laugh:

Quick question, but what the hell was SPIN doing on Saturdays before this.......I've been to SPIN many times but only on Fridays, was it even open on Saturdays????? :confused:

Joey, spin until now on Saturdays was Called "Deluxe Saturday" and it was hip hop all night usually packed as well. :cool: