Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UK 2 LA (Come on Over)

ukstar

Hello to LA. Well I'm going to be on my way over there at the end of January from Manchester UK. I need some help form you guys & girls as to where I can show my DJ skills / promoting. I've worked in various locations over here in the UK, alongisde oakenfold at Gatecrasher, Pete Tong over in Cream, and worked with the stars in Londons China White last 4 months playing various House and uplifting funk! i've done the promoting scene before and have established a monthly event called "Strictly Funky" which has now got a following of around 12 UK clubs on a Monthly basis.

Advice, Help, good places to live, what, where everyone goes etc would be much appreciatted for a UK guy who just loves to party and make the party!

Catch you all later...

PS I've had John Silva's "Come on Over" for the past 8 months, anyone who would like a mp3 snippet please email me!

Welcome to LA....

To get a sense as to what is hot, take a look at current club/event listings on www.lalate.com. All the top promoters and venues are listed, listing every top vip guestlist only event.

For work --- the most popular venues for referrals are in no specific order Garden of Eden, Highlands, AD, and Joya, Conga Room, Dorscia ... but every few months, the trend changes.

Welcome again.

LALate.com

www.lalate.com

i'm really a big-club type person; i don't really like small places/lounges so much, and i never go to bars. seeing as i'm limited that way, i don't know how useful i could be to you...

but the only places i really frequent are spundae (at circus disco on saturdays), red (at arena on fridays), honey (at circus disco on thursdays), and random places when giant throws events or other djs are brought into town by promoters - not clubs with a permanent home. but they're all great places to get a sense of the happy, friendly vibe that we have going on here :D .