Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my stryke vs edgar v review

koky

all i have to say about both these guys is "FUCKING WOW !!" these guys are the bomb ! im really glad i went, & had a blast !! i think im paralysed now :D cause i cant feel my legs.. but just AWSOME AWSOME BEATS !! i couldnt of asked for a better show to share with the cp crew who participated & supported our kick ass local dj's !! you crazy motherf'ckers know who you are !! :D mucho luv to all of you;)

& now about the amount of people that went ! i believe fridays are not a good day for clubs period !! it has been proven time & time again... even piccotto who is probably one of the baddest mofo's to ever hit space had a lousy showing last week.. I personally could care less if there is 20 or 2000 people there.. but for our dj's to get more recognition we need more people there period !! what to do ? i dont have the answer !! but (uhhhhhhhhhhhh im goin to bed now cause im talkin shit !) bye:tongue:

damn koky you beat me to the review :D ... I couldn't walk let alone get to my computer after yesterday's techno/house/booty/breakbeat showcase.

Greg was so on point last night. Just kept getting better and better throughout the night. I'm not going to bore you with tracklists but lets just say the following bombs were dropped.

Underworld - Moaner

Jam and Spoon - Stella

After Stella .. I thought it was over, but it seems Greg was not done we were treated to an hour of classics. I can't even remember them all, but the last sounds we heard before the house lights came on was a beautiful ambient track by Stryke himself.

Nice seeing Biz, Koky, Steffy , Tony , and , Danny , Jesse and Melli , Sheridan , Jason, Matt and obviously Greg and Tony and the staff at Space for booking him. Bring him back .. 6 hours of techno .. ahh yeah .. obscene dirty filthy immoral

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and for those who thought they saw me ... I was wearing a 'vinylfreak' shirt .. there should be some pictures appearing soon.

See you all tonight for Slacker & OG.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

let me start out by saying, I can understand the frustrations club, promoters, and DJ’s a like go through. I went to two clubs last night, and what I witnessed made me happy and in another sense very sad. happy because I got to hear great music, at two venues in one night, and sad because of the lack of support for our scene. like my boy Koky said, I don’t know what the answer is. I don’t know how to explain, why people will trip over themselves to hear some “Superstar†DJ’s. however they won’t make the effort to come out and support the scene on any other occasion. even when it’s free ! is it complacency, the economy, lack of knowledge, etc ; I simply don’t know. however I know if we don’t collectively, wake the f*ck up, our scene is going to go down in flames.

my evening started out at Maze; which is a great venue. the layout, staff, drink prices, etc are just perfect. I thought Markus did a fair job opening for AVB, and I thought AVB was okay. the second part my evening was at Space, I missed Edgar’s set, but from what I have been told; it was just another amazing performance from Edgar.

the set I did get to hear at Space was from Strkye, I will say it again he is not a DJ, he is a technician. he goes from song to song with ease. his track selection is stunning, he throws it all out there house, tech, trance, break beats, etc and makes it all work; that is a testament of the true talent he is. his matching of beats, and use of effects is amazing. I say this in all sincerity, don’t miss any opportunity to listen to Strkye, I guarantee he is going to blow you away.

Thank you Greg for playing a set of music, I will not soon forget. :)

big ups all the peeps, I got to chill with through out the evening.. :)

well said tony

Stryke was amazing last night from is mixing to tracks. Just sick!

AVB was pretty good IMO.

for trance

Maze had a better turn out than last week and fo shizze more people than Space had last night. Maze just seems so much nicer inside. The door guys and complete staff are great. Ass hole door guy at Space did not even know who was Spinning last night. Why would you whanht a guy working for you that is A. to stupid to remember or ask who was playing. or B. To much of an ass hole to care about his job, the club or his boss(LP). Either way he makes the whole organization look bad in my humble opinion.

Originally posted by sobeton

let me start out by saying, I can understand the frustrations club, promoters, and DJ’s a like go through. I went to two clubs last night, and what I witnessed made me happy and in another sense very sad. happy because I got to hear great music, at two venues in one night, and sad because of the lack of support for our scene. like my boy Koky said, I don’t know what the answer is. I don’t know how to explain, why people will trip over themselves to hear some “Superstar†DJ’s. however they won’t make the effort to come out and support the scene on any other occasion. even when it’s free ! is it complacency, the economy, lack of knowledge, etc ; I simply don’t know. however I know if we don’t collectively, wake the f*ck up, our scene is going to go down in flames.

thats true tony,as in what you said about "superstar dj" people hear oh this guy is going to play @ whatever club,and cause hes from europe or where ever and not knowing what kind of music that dj is going to play,but they wont go and support our local dj's like saying ,oh hes from miami,whatever"not knowing that our locals can and have done,blow em away !!(im I making sence?)so thats why theres not a great number of people showing up when theres a local spinning.Like I said b4 those that showed up last night to see EDGAR & STRYKE went for the music,not for chikks,guys,listen to some superstar dj or other stupid reason many people go to clubs.till next time peace out!

• 2 years later...
thats true tony,as in what you said about "superstar dj" people hear oh this guy is going to play @ whatever club,and cause hes from europe or where ever and not knowing what kind of music that dj is going to play,but they wont go and support our local dj's like saying ,oh hes from miami,whatever"not knowing that our locals can and have done,blow em away !!(im I making sence?)so thats why theres not a great number of people showing up when theres a local spinning.Like I said b4 those that showed up last night to see EDGAR & STRYKE went for the music,not for chikks,guys,listen to some superstar dj or other stupid reason many people go to clubs.till next time peace out!

:dj::party: