Clubplanet Nightlife Community

after effects of K on the brain

mindfaqd

ok a little story for all u K headz out there. my friend works construction. he had an accident last week and had to go for an MRI. He explained to the doc his frequent K use and that he might find some abnormalities in the test. The doc came back to tell him some very disturbing news. there are very large holes in his brain caused by K. He even went so far as to say that my friend could have done coke for 30 years and not done the damage that the K had caused. the doc had never seen that kind of damage before. interesting huh?

I know one of u know it all internet MD's are gonna tell me I'm full of shit and that it doesn't work that way. but this is a true story.

just a heads up for all u who think its a harmless habit.

Any substance like that, even alcohol, kills large quantities of brain cells. Those holes are just areas of the brain that lack any activity b/c all the brain cells have died. This happens naturally as you get older too. Yes, it sucks to have your mind deteriorate so quickly at a young age (and b/c of frequent drug abuse), but it literally isn't "holes" in your brain.

You are so full of shit!!

This holes in your brain crap has got to stop.

There is no such thing. There could be Olney's lesions in the cingulate cortex which are practically the same thing, but they are microscopic and would not show up on an MRI. (maybe they did an autopsy on your friend? he may be the first human where they actually found them and didnt just hypothosis about the findings in lab animals)

All this holes in the brain shit started when someone made a model of the brain showing the seratonin levels of various drug users which showed an area of dimished seratonin (and or dopamine) they made the model to show the area of lower neurotransmitters to be "holes" and reffered to them as such.

It is all crap. Not that you shouldnt be worried, but you should be informed.

BTW they never even showed the scale they used, so they could make the images look more dramatic.

For example you could show 10 parts per million as bright blue and show 9 ppm as black and have it look like there are huge holes, when in fact there is mearly a slight dip in the levels.

BTW he must really have brain damage.

If I was going to a doctor for a work related injury that involved my head (hence the mri) the first thing I would tell him about was my illegal drug use. The second would be my desire to share that information with my employer who is going to get a summary of any medical report due to workmans comp issues.

Originally posted by shroomy

BTW he must really have brain damage.

If I was going to a doctor for a work related injury that involved my head (hence the mri) the first thing I would tell him about was my illegal drug use. The second would be my desire to share that information with my employer who is going to get a summary of any medical report due to workmans comp issues.

just tryin to help out asshole. he's not union, there's no comp. he owns the company. are u a doctor? why do u doubt it so much? where do u get ur info from? i'm telling what the doctor said verbatim, not trying to start a panic over nothing.

how did i know that some idiot without any real medical knowledge was gonna challenge what an actual physician said?

well I may not be an MD buy I play on on the web :)

but why do I doubt it? Manly because there have been no other cases of K causing holes in your brain ever documented. So this doc needs to run, not walk to the NEJM and become famous.

and workmans comp has nothing to do with a union. I am required to carry it for all my employees and they are computer dorks, not construction workers.

And to come out up front and admit illegal activity that will almost certainly void any claim you have against the company sounds suspicious.

but to give you the benifit of the doubt, what part of the brains were the holes in? and have him get a copy of the mri.

But most of all ask specifically what he means by holes. Holes as in a vacumn where there is nothing, or holes in the levels of neurotransmitters.

and what was the original injury that caused the mri.

Originally posted by mindfaqd

how did i know that some idiot without any real medical knowledge was gonna challenge what an actual physician said?

because you werent there for jock itch or a cold and 99% of docs have no clue when it comes to how psychedelics (and disassociatives) affect our brains.

BTW my wife is a physicans assiant who does two things for me, gives me a better overall knowledge of the various systems that are being delt with, and second, tells me how clueless doctors often are.

and third, never get in an accident on a monday morning, you are fucked, and will be taken care of by nurses that have been out on a 3 day meth binge. :)

well I may not be an MD buy I play on on the web :)

but why do I doubt it? Manly because there have been no other cases of K causing holes in your brain ever documented.

there's a 1st time for everything. how many cases of problems caused by K have actually been documented in the 1st place?

and workmans comp has nothing to do with a union. I am required to carry it for all my employees and they are computer dorks, not construction workers.

And to come out up front and admit illegal activity that will almost certainly void any claim you have against the company sounds suspicious.

What company? he owns the company!

but to give you the benifit of the doubt, what part of the brains were the holes in? and have him get a copy of the mri.

But most of all ask specifically what he means by holes. Holes as in a vacumn where there is nothing, or holes in the levels of neurotransmitters.

and what was the original injury that caused the mri.

he was beaned in the head with a beam.

that 1st comment was really funny. :D

Originally posted by mindfaqd

there's a 1st time for everything. how many cases of problems caused by K have actually been documented in the 1st place?

Well as I said, he should then be running to the new england journal of med with his paper.

and... if it is the first time, It would be remiss to blame it on the casual statement that "I did a lot of K"

but yes, there have been many cases of brain damage (mostly reversible after a few months or sometimes years of abstinance) but they just dont make good press like "holes in your brain"

BTW DXM and PCP the other 2 popular disassociates are both more dangerous than K, so be even more carefull with them.

and from a harm reduction. Taking a benzo (xanax or VAlium) before K greatly reduces your risks.

and from a harm reduction. Taking a benzo (xanax or VAlium) before K greatly reduces your risks.

whoa... wait... how does valium + k = less risk? (i'm not doubting, just curious as to how it works... i'm unfamiliar)

and how much valium? does it matter?

part of the damage that K can do is from overstimulation of certain areas of your brain. Benzo's happen to "calm" these same areas.

so doing a line or 2 of valium before you do k is a good idea?

do you just do it before? or during aswell?

what about just mixing the k and the valium? so you get some of each in each bump?