Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hasn't been voted yet

but during the week tey are putting togather a new law where you can no smoke in public bars clubs and resturants in newyork i don't think it will last if it gets voted and the law passes and i don't think alot ofthe places wll inforce it if it goes through i will go into affect next spring

Actually I intern at the American Cancer Society and they just had this law passed in Dutchess County, NY... I had to attend a bunch of hearings on it, etc.. The legislature passed it though...

Except in Dutchess County, there is no smoking allowed in ANY public place, including restaurants! Only allowed to smoke in "free-standing taverns..."

There was a lot of drama over this because of the confusion and lack of clarity... ex some restaurants have bars, etc.. I don't think this law is fair

If its a law... Every place has to enforce it tho right? Otherwise they'll get shut down. - Right?

Can You imagine being searched at the door for cigarettes??? I mean for me it would be a dream come true, Im a nonsmoker but I agree with Mystify, It is a lil unfair.

If anything It would force people to cut back or quit which would turn out to be a positive thing.

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

yeah i can definatly see walking into factory and no one is there. whoever smokes is not going to sit anywhere for like 10 hrs and not smoke

then again u cant do drugs either but people do em

in cali u can't smoke either but most of the clubs have outsides too

peopel aren't going to not smoke becouse someone says no they jacked the prizes up and now they are trying a different approach which isn't going to work

Originally posted by deeelite1

If its a law... Every place has to enforce it tho right? Otherwise they'll get shut down. - Right?

Can You imagine being searched at the door for cigarettes??? I mean for me it would be a dream come true, Im a nonsmoker but I agree with Mystify, It is a lil unfair.

If anything It would force people to cut back or quit which would turn out to be a positive thing.

actually DEE-- this IF it is finally passed - will only be in effect in certain places - like broken up over different zip codes or city locations.

not like if the law passes in NY that it will effect the entire state- just specified locations-

Kiss FM - 98.7 had a party to launch this a few months ago at some location (bar)

it actually went off pretty big and even the ppl that smoke t is a lil unfair.