Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention the hog...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

i didn't want to high jack bizs thread, so here is my response to your post...

bro, not sure if you can tell, but the music is all the same down here.... NJ and NYC have sooooooo much more variety... I like Stephan but after 3 hours, i'm on the patio....

new policy

no vocals=no saleen......

you'll see come january when the dude plays lauderdale, they pushed back the date. Then you'll hear the difference. There is soooooo many great vox out now, yet we hear know of them anywhere.

well big props for 93.1 putting cassius in their line up. That the track you fockers love, yet only roland plays it every now and then...

Has guy singing " i feel like i'm gonna be insiiiiiiide of you, bla bla bla when the sun goes down".

What about Jrs rollercoaster vox? No one plays it, yet its one of his best work ever, and the shit is awesome. If space played vox from 10-2, i'd be there. But this really has nothing to do with space, all clubs down here, don't play the good vocals and stryke is the only technical dj down here with the skills to play acapellas on the fly... the rest don't have what it takes..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by thehog

Im just saying that I like all the track we have on the computer from Tom

I think it seems funny that you said Tom was bad ass when you saw him at Space and now your bashing him.:confused:

smokey, those tracks are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy old, and he really only had one major hit, under his superchumbo name. And that is revolution and you notice he doesnt' drop the original version cause he is so known for it.

after 3 hours let roland spin the main room..

Guest saleen351

to answer melis question from bizs post

You have to understand. I grew up in one club scene, and now i live in another. I love what the guys do down here, and i like the music, but after a while i'm tired of hearing about all these hot tracks that never get played down here. If you read the music boards, and vip being the best with the top djs posting in there, they throw down 1 hot vocal a week, yet miami never hears any of them. Why:confused:

South Florida needs something new. And lauderdale stepped up, and i'm soooooooo excited. I ran it by a NY transplant last night, and he was loving the idea and fired up as well. Though its moved to january which is fine by me, its my BD...So i get a present from home. VOCALS!!!!!!

If space booked, JV, tsettos, Peters, Hex, Morillo, LES and a few others, you'd hear a major shift in the music and you could appreciate what those guys do, considering only styrke can run with them as a technical dj.... Trust me when i say, the northeast styles is much different then down here, and up there, they mix it up... If you don't play vox for the nj and parts of the nyc crowd, then you are not well liked..

even sobeton told me there is too few vocals down here, and he likes every thing..:D

All good DJs Saleen, but both Hex and Morillo have played SoFla many times.

The type of sets you're talking about though, with a lot of vocals , are much bigger in the NorthEast. In a lot of other places you'll only find it at Circuit parties, and other parties that lean on the gay side of things. The type of vox you like get played at plenty of clubs in South FL, but you'd probably end up hitting on female floor sweepers if you go to those places LOL.

Some of these vocal club hits do cross over to the more mainstream clubs and to radio. I guess you just gotta know where to look, and on which night to hit up certain clubs.

Guest saleen351

well i put my 2 cent in with oscar, he agreed, but that could of been one of those " i'll just agree so he'll stop iming me"

Its not like i come on here and say book the next $40,000 dj...

all of those guys are doable for 3 grand or less ... And for tsettos i'd promote it for free....

the beat driven shit has got to stop...

GA check out Jrs Vivan Green roller coaster vox... simply one of the best out there this year..

correction, JP can't be booked for 3k... probably 6-15k range.

Originally posted by CHRles

All good DJs Saleen, but both Hex and Morillo have played SoFla many times.

The type of sets you're talking about though, with a lot of vocals , are much bigger in the NorthEast. In a lot of other places you'll only find it at Circuit parties, and other parties that lean on the gay side of things.

I was trying to post almost the same thing this AM, but my damn computer:compsux:

The Circuit parties bring lots of vocals.... the bad thing for a guy like Saleen is they tend to cater to the gay crowd.. (i.e. Hex @ Coliseum, Calderone, Able, my personal fav Junior Vasquez)...

The benefit of being a chick is it doesn't bother me to go to these parties and hang with my boyz... however, a group of straight dudes surely don't want to go to a sausage fest.

I like SOME vocals - but I don't want to hear them all night. I like vocals early to get me going, then MAD MAD beats and bass, then some more vocals... I'm not going to complain though, I think OG does a fine job and Roland too. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't go....:D

Lola;)

Guest saleen351

Hog you'll never get it until you hear a northeast dj... Then you'll have a hard time going back to the beat driven shit

:idea:

i'm not saying play vocals all night long, but at least play them some of the time. Its called a set, and these djs skip over the vox and head right into 4am beat driven tribal and house... Mean while there is a lot people that would love the vocals to be played. Espcially the females.. They love the vocals and reconize them..

Comming to lauderdale, there will be vocals and i can finaly hear great music once again, i'm sooooooooooo tried of the beat driven shit around here..

the last classic that i can remember being played, was roland dropping I am ready... for pvd!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm tellin' ya..... I was at Calderone for Labor Day in 2000..... that motherfukka dropped some serious vocals.... and at the right times.... (That year was Victor's year, he could do no wrong!).. I mean, he drops mad tribal and pounding beats, but his build ups were on point and his vocals had me bouncing off the walls....

I totally agree with you Saleen - I like some vocals cuz your'e right, I know them. I know the song. I can't "name track lists" and shit like some of the music-heads on the boards... I like to get drunk and sing along (:idea: Hey Club Space Karoke:idea: ):laugh: j/k

Lola:D

Thx Lola, great comments.

like Saleen and most of the guys on this board I'm only attracted to females, but it's no secret that a lot of times the gay crowd is seen as the best and most up for it crowd. Gotta give credit where credit is due, a lot of Dance music wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the gay scene.