Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: car buffs... top 10 used performance car bargains

joeg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats yours in your sig?? thats REALLY nice...

i drool over supras... i have a 2nd gen DSM... workin on it... my goal is 450-550 or so... i'm eventually planning on putting an agp l2r twin ball-bearing turbo in... its like $1400 for the turbo alone... it flows like 54lb/minute and is fully spooled by like 3500...

whatcha got in yours? you must have went to a single turbo setup, right? and at 820rwhp, how the F is that thing streetable??? i bet your turbo is the size of my f'ing skull...

Originally posted by joeg

i just saw you're in orlando... fucking lucky you don't have to worry about snow with all that rwhp.... lol...

and jesus christ, how fast do you do a 1/4mi? like fucking 9 seconds?

Yeah got the car featured in a few magazines. I drag race it but it has a system (stereo), ac, power seats, and all its luxury to it. I have gone 10.4 @ 149mph. Dont worry 9 sec is just a fix away. I have had tranny trouble and havent had the chance to fix it. The car is definitely a 9 sec car. But htere arent many 9 sec 6spd supras out there. The car is streetable. Very streetable. You can tell when I drive it around town and the panties drop ;) . I have an HKS TO4R turbo kit with the good ole laughing gas (120shot Direct port). Engine is completely stock. No head work or bottom end work, not even cams. So I am pretty impressed with the stock engine in the supra. Our team won the NHRA import street class. Our black race car was featured on the cover of Turbo' Dec issue. www.titanmotorsports.com I am going with another set up. Actually flew up there to sell my hks kit to some supra guy in NY. And get some clubbin in while I was there :) . I am going with a custom twin turbo kit. Going to use the GT30R's for turbos. I am looking to push it over 1000rwhp and still drive that beast in the street. you can check out more pics of my car int his thread on supraforums. I did this photoshoot at englishtown. Enjoy :)http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78118

Why are they all imports. Heres my list, and my cars would actully have torque...

Mustang 5.0

Buick Grand National

Supra

Fbody or Impala w/ LT1

Fbody w/ LS1

Pontiac GTP

Ford Lightning

03 Cobra (with a pully = bye bye vette)

WRX (AWD kicks major ass)

Mazda RX-7

Honerable mention

The new 350Z WILL be the next supra is that engine can handel boost. Im not sure if that engines internals are forged or not, however Nissan does offer a s/c on their Fronteer (and it halls ass)

lalaman, it was kinda a best bang for the buck ranking... that kinda puts the 02 mustang cobra out of it... same with the wrx... i think the lightning is a lil pricey, too, right? the 350z is gonna be good, but it costs too much for this ranking...

definately a mustang 5.0 shoulda been on there... i'm not partial to em, but lord knows if you want to go fast for cheap and you don't give an F about aesthetics thats the car to do it with...

onenrg1: mmmmmmm gt30r... thats the wheel that the agp turbo i want uses... only it puts it in a housing that bolts onto my manifold... (jesus christ, you're using 2 of those? i can't even imagine...)

yeah, a lot of supra owners go auto... i hear you guys have a auto tranny that is the envy of every auto tranny ever produced... and is actually better than the 6spd when you have that much power...

now what really makes me laugh is that you're on completely stock internals.... and i thought the 4g63 was impressive at 550 on stock internals... jesus christ... and i gotta give you props for keepin a system and all the luxury... nothing better than a fast car with class... any tool can buy a old crx and strip the interior and run 12's... but it takes a lot of work (not to mention money) to do it right...

i'm almost afraid to ask... but how much boost do you run? like 35psi? :laugh:

and what kind of wheels do you have on there that get traction with that much power? do you chirp 5th? lol...

haha, supraforums, i go there and drool once in a while...

eric: the 3kgt is too expensive, the trannys break a lot, its really heavy, and the engine isn't that sturdy...

i'm actually unfamiliar with the daytona r/t... so i can't answer that..

the prelude could be considered, but the civic and the crx beat it on price/weight...

a fucking 1986 civic weighs 1650lbs... thats basically HALF of what my DSM weighs...

i actually would have taken the rx7 off because of the unreliability of that engine...

i probably would have thrown the c4 vette up there... they're pretty damn fast, and you can get some for good prices if they're early models (84/85/etc...)

Originally posted by Crackorn

AND what kind of fuel do you use with that much boost?

30 lbs of boost. with the 120 shot of direct port N2O. I use two stock pumps and have 850cc injectors. The car still has decent gas mileage for something of this hp. About 17-19 mpg hwy.

oh, and i would have mentioned the 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo (ie. the 953) it runs for about 10k$ and has 275hp stock, its a 3.? turbocharged engine... (teklord can fill in the blanks... he knows a lot about them)

Hellz yeah!!

Actually called a 951. U can get an '89 with like 60-80k miles for about $14k-16k. Stock is 250hp at 11.5psi. 2.5Liter 4 banger. Install a test pipe, chips, manual boost controller to 16psi, stock intake and look for about 280 to the wheels. Convert to stage II MAP and look for 310 at the wheels. All on a stock turbo. Upgrade the turbo.... then beware. Awesome stock tranny too, 5th @ redline is about 175-180 mph.

That supra is awesome!! I spent about half an hour at hot import nights talking to a guy about his 850rwhp Supra, no NOs.. T78 35 psi on race gas. He is T78Supra on supraforums.

i'm actually unfamiliar with the daytona r/t... so i can't answer that..

the Daytona R/T, although ugly, is fuckin fast. Along with the Spirit R/T (even uglier), it has a 2.2-litre 224hp turbo 4cyl with a 5-speed Getrag stick. I dont recall the figures for the Daytona, but the Spirit R/T has a 0-60 time in the mid-to-high fives, 1/4 mile in the high thirteens to low fourteens....thats about where the WRX is....

they were made from 1990-1992 (about 800 each year), and go for $2500 to $4000 is you can find one.

here's the spirit r/t

91rt_red.jpg

here's the daytona (cant find an R/T)...kinda similar except for different wheels

90103351990415MED.jpg

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

the Daytona R/T, although ugly, is fuckin fast. Along with the Spirit R/T (even uglier), it has a 2.2-litre 224hp turbo 4cyl with a 5-speed Getrag stick. I dont recall the figures for the Daytona, but the Spirit R/T has a 0-60 time in the mid-to-high fives, 1/4 mile in the high thirteens to low fourteens....thats about where the WRX is....

they were made from 1990-1992 (about 800 each year), and go for $2500 to $4000 is you can find one.

here's the spirit r/t

91rt_red.jpg

here's the daytona (cant find an R/T)...kinda similar except for different wheels

90103351990415MED.jpg

yeah, i remember the daytona's, they're not bad... aside from their 80's look... that sprint is awful... those rims make it much worse... but yeah, thats cheap speed... my only question is to what kind of aftermarket they have...

yeah, i remember the daytona's, they're not bad... aside from their 80's look... that sprint is awful... those rims make it much worse... but yeah, thats cheap speed... my only question is to what kind of aftermarket they have...

well i would imagine that the daytona might have some aftermarket (they were more popular, and shared drivetrains with other chryslers and mistubishis)...spirit probably doesnt excvept for the r/t...but a speed shop could do a custom exhaust and intake system

Originally posted by teklord310

late 80s Dodge Caravan Turbo 5 speed manual. Boost it up, burn anything on the 1/4 mile.

Same goes for the plumouth acclaim turbo.

are you shitting me??? a 80s dodge caravan with a turbo??? LOL

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

yuppers....almost every chrysler product in the late 80's/early 90's had an option of a 150hp turbo 4 cyl (except the viper, stealth, Colt and Jeeps)

I remember seeing one run @ Englishtown and he clocked in a low 14 with a really good reaction time and a low 60' too. I dont know what mods he had but it was funny seeing him waste a 6cyl convert stang.

Originally posted by lalaman

I remember seeing one run @ Englishtown and he clocked in a low 14 with a really good reaction time and a low 60' too. I dont know what mods he had but it was funny seeing him waste a 6cyl convert stang.

:laugh: :laugh: i would have loved to see the stang driver's face... lol...