Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is cigarette grubbing still OK?

I was at Centro recently and towards the end of the night I was getting cleaned out by strangers. I am cool with that, but at like 9$ a pack isn't asking someone for a cig like directly asking for almost $.50?

Just curious. The insane price of smokes is probably the only reason I am happy I don't live in NY.

Originally posted by hotcheme

one time a kid bummed one off of me at school and he insisted that he give me $.35 for it! and that was when they were 'only' $4 a pack.

but i guess if other people are going to smoke half your cigs it really adds up.

You smoke cigarettes?!

I don't really "smoke" due to a habit, per se... though occasionally i carry a pack of cloves with me.

Always seems to attract all the mainstream AND recreational smokers out to try and bum one off me. I usually tell em "sorry, i've already given out too many"

. . . I generally don't like people mooching off of me but I will allow under certain circumstances . . . Like when I'm :roll: for instance . . I usually have like 3 packs on me anyways, so I can spare . . other than that I usually decline . .although if you're a friend I usually extend my hand in generosity . . .:aright: . . .

I rarely bum cigarettes cause I think it's kinda rude.. the few times you do see me bumming is at the club when I don't have pockets to hold my cigarettes in.. I just leave them in the car or my jacket.. but today I forgot to buy cigarettes on my way to work and since I'm here for about 8 hours drinking mad coffee.. I kinda want to take a cigarette break.. haha.. how pathetic would I look if I went outside and bummed a cigarette from one of the lawyers. :laugh: :laugh: No thanks.