Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
guyman1966

Favorite American President

Recommended Posts

Theodore Roosevelt

Why?

Noted scholar and accomplished author – Wrote the definitive book on the War of 1812 at 22 years old. Environmentalist – studied nature and was an avid outdoorsman. He also was the first President to protect land and nature from development.

As a State Senator and Governor of NY, he worked to reform party “machine” politics and fought corruption in both his party and the other party. He was the first President to have a Black guest for dinner in the White House.

These are just a few reasons. I can go on all day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by guyman1966

Theodore Roosevelt

Why?

Noted scholar and accomplished author – Wrote the definitive book on the War of 1812 at 22 years old. Environmentalist – studied nature and was an avid outdoorsman. He also was the first President to protect land and nature from development.

As a State Senator and Governor of NY, he worked to reform party “machine” politics and fought corruption in both his party and the other party. He was the first President to have a Black guest for dinner in the White House.

These are just a few reasons. I can go on all day!

OMIGOSH! I actually agree with you ! it's a miracle :eek:

Also, up there would be FDR, Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by guyman1966

I don't see how you can compaire Teddy to Bill! It's not even close. Do you have any reasons to back this up? Teddy has also won a Nobel Prize for Peace!

i agree...they even named a brand of condoms after Teddy R..."Rough Rider" :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i agree...they even named a brand of condoms after Teddy R..."Rough Rider" :tongue:

Matas makes a funny joke and better point. Roosevelt led a Calvary regiment that was instrumental in securing Cuba’s freedom from Spain. Many thought he should have received the Congressional Medal Of Honor, but because of jealous politics, was overlooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by gmccookny

OMIGOSH! I actually agree with you ! it's a miracle :eek:

Also, up there would be FDR, Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.

I also like FDR and GW. I'm not convinced on President Jefferson.

HEY MATAS - Can you make those pics any larger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by guyman1966

Matas makes a funny joke and better point. Roosevelt led a Calvary regiment that was instrumental in securing Cuba’s freedom from Spain. Many thought he should have received the Congressional Medal Of Honor, but because of jealous politics, was overlooked.

i heard a rumor...that Roosevelt didnt even take that hill in Cuba, b/c the hill never existed in Cuba...the hill actually was in Puerto Rico, not Cuba....can any of our CP historians confirm:confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i heard a rumor...that Roosevelt didnt even take that hill in Cuba, b/c the hill never existed in Cuba...the hill actually was in Puerto Rico, not Cuba....can any of our CP historians confirm:confused:

My bad. It was not Cuba. It was the battle of San Juan Hill, Puerto Rico (I have a copy of his biography in my office)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by guyman1966

My bad. It was not Cuba. It was the battle of San Juan Hill, Puerto Rico (I have a copy of his biography in my office)

i am a big history buff...sorry...i rather watch History channel than any other channel...well except porn...but thats different;) :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i am a big history buff...sorry...i rather watch History channel than any other channel...well except porn...but thats different;) :tongue:

I was close. I knew it was one of those ungrateful Island wana-B nations...... j/k.

Now, to more important things... THE HISTORY CHANNEL!!!! wtf! When do you watch Fox Sports Net?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by guyman1966

I was close. I knew it was one of those ungrateful Island wana-B nations...... j/k.

Now, to more important things... THE HISTORY CHANNEL!!!! wtf! When do you watch Fox Sports Net?

i watch the Fox Sports channel...at night..if ESPN is having a shitty college basketball game or whatever...:D

oh about ur ungrateful island wanna b nation comment ---->:finger: :finger: :finger:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dgmodel

we're going to get a lot of heat for this however i feel clinton as well...

I don't agree with you, but I'd love to hear your reasoning. I think Clinton killed the economy, destroyed national security (China & Middle East), and was more concerned w/ his image than getting the job done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by guyman1966

I don't agree with you, but I'd love to hear your reasoning. I think Clinton killed the economy, destroyed national security (China & Middle East), and was more concerned w/ his image than getting the job done.

correct me if i am wrong..but why does Clinton get credit for the economy? wasnt it the Republican lead congress that passed the Partnership with America bill? that boost this economy sky high? then again Gore invented the Internet so who knows:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i heard a rumor...that Roosevelt didnt even take that hill in Cuba, b/c the hill never existed in Cuba...the hill actually was in Puerto Rico, not Cuba....can any of our CP historians confirm:confused:

I should have never doubted myself! I was right the first time. When I read San Juan Hill, I assumed you were right and it was in PR. Nope, at lunch I looked over my books and San Jan Hill was in Cuba!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by guyman1966

I should have never doubted myself! I was right the first time. When I read San Juan Hill, I assumed you were right and it was in PR. Nope, at lunch I looked over my books and San Jan Hill was in Cuba!!!!

thats what i am saying...G-U-Y-M-A-N, i read somewhere that it never took place in Cuba...it happened elsewhere and there was no charge up the hill...u know like people saying that we never ACTUALLY walked on the moon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

thats what i am saying...G-U-Y-M-A-N, i read somewhere that it never took place in Cuba...it happened elsewhere and there was no charge up the hill...u know like people saying that we never ACTUALLY walked on the moon....

Come on now. It was Cuba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by guyman1966

Come on now. It was Cuba.

got the 411 u Teddy R. lover....he did go up the hill (San Juan) in Cuba...but there is a big twist to the whole story...Teddy's calvary unit was gettting ready in Fl to get shipped to Cuba...well his calvary unit only had use of something like 10-15% of his horses...so they decided to go without them, but this whole deal of trying to get more horses etc...delayed them...when they arrived to Cuba and made it to San Juan Hill, the Mambis had almost overrun the Spanish garrison...so WITHOUT the horses they ran up the hill and join in the attack...so u see kids, Teddy R. really never rode up the hill of San Juan with Rough Rider condoms on...he went bareback:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

got the 411 u Teddy R. lover....he did go up the hill (San Juan) in Cuba...but there is a big twist to the whole story...Teddy's calvary unit was gettting ready in Fl to get shipped to Cuba...well his calvary unit only had use of something like 10-15% of his horses...so they decided to go without them, but this whole deal of trying to get more horses etc...delayed them...when they arrived to Cuba and made it to San Juan Hill, the Mambis had almost overrun the Spanish garrison...so WITHOUT the horses they ran up the hill and join in the attack...so u see kids, Teddy R. really never rode up the hill of San Juan with Rough Rider condoms on...he went bareback:laugh:

Your on the right track... but if my memory is correct, Yes he walked through Cuba, but the US forces did not notice the smaller San Juan hill, they were concentrating on a larger hill. So, he improvised a charge up San Juan Hill. Who knows, maybe your Cuban history book is correct and the Mambis were already there, maybe my US book left that part out....?? What ever, he was there and fought for the liberation of Cuba. And, during his presidency he pulled the US Governor out and gave control of the country back to Cubans. He should be a Cuban hero!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×