Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP,Junior,and draper are garbage we need a trance resid

Originally posted by starshaped

Joeg just said everything i would have.

aye!

and wakeup - isnt hard progressive trance a contradication in terms, usally progressive is a term reserved for more mellow, drawn out music - i think thats a NYC label because every where else calls German Trance just that, as opposed to UK Hard Trance or any other style. Hardstyle is actually a sub genre of german trance, me thinks with a little higher bpm and more annoying sounds. - dont get me wrong theres a few tracks i love ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Dana is the only hardstyle dj i could name,i think maybe technoboy as well but i'm open to be corrected.

As far as i'm aware it is closely related to hardtrance,but it is harder than Kai,Project,Derb,Warmduscher etc etc

I read someone on another board call it cheesy hardhouse played at +8:laugh: but i've never heard any so don't know.

im def. a house head...but ...i love fuckin trance...i need my fix of trance every once in a while...Picotto did it in October...then Tiesto in November..and soon Ferry is gona hold it down for December...i regret missin PVD..but whatever...

i just dont understand the hate for trance...it isnt really that bad

Originally posted by starshaped

Lady Dana is the only hardstyle dj i could name,i think maybe technoboy as well but i'm open to be corrected.

As far as i'm aware it is closely related to hardtrance,but it is harder than Kai,Project,Derb,Warmduscher etc etc

I read someone on another board call it cheesy hardhouse played at +8:laugh: but i've never heard any so don't know.

Check out

H.A.Z.A.R.D. - James Brown Is Dead / Da New Style

those are my fav tracks

Dj Issac is another producer but, honestly, most of it is utter crap, but some are quite banging.

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

aye!

and wakeup - isnt hard progressive trance a contradication in terms, usally progressive is a term reserved for more mellow, drawn out music - i think thats a NYC label because every where else calls German Trance just that, as opposed to UK Hard Trance or any other style. Hardstyle is actually a sub genre of german trance, me thinks with a little higher bpm and more annoying sounds. - dont get me wrong theres a few tracks i love ;)

no cause just like "regular" lol progressive such as what digweed plays. the tracks all build and "progress" thru out the track and climaxes (usually) after the break. whether its progressive,progressive trance,hard progressive trance. progressive usually has no melodic sounds to it,where as progressive/hard progressive trance does. what u described to me would be more techno/uk hard house w/ higher BPM and annoyin sounds. to hard to describe without hearing a track of each genre. of course there are alot of tracks nowadays that can fall into a few genres. but to each their own

Originally posted by wakeup

no cause just like "regular" lol progressive such as what digweed plays. the tracks all build and "progress" thru out the track and climaxes (usually) after the break. whether its progressive,progressive trance,hard progressive trance. progressive usually has no melodic sounds to it,where as progressive/hard progressive trance does. what u described to me would be more techno/uk hard house w/ higher BPM and annoyin sounds. to hard to describe without hearing a track of each genre. of course there are alot of tracks nowadays that can fall into a few genres. but to each their own

i see what u are saying, but to me it seems with that definition you could label any type of music progressive. The sound I am trying to describe is german/hardstyle and the bassline usally goes "wub.wub" I always thought the progressive label on music meant a slower tempo and less exciting but more thought provoking - hence progressive rock etc..

I always thought the progressive label on music meant a slower tempo and less exciting but more thought provoking - hence progressive rock etc..

Progressive rock is not called "progressive" for the same reason progressive house and trance are.

With rock it's more theoretical (ie, the genre has progressed beyond that which followed it), whereas with house and trance, it has to do with the tracks themself... to repeat what Wakeup said- "the tracks all build and "progress" thru out the track and climaxes (usually) after the break."

Or something to that effect. :)

AHHH! genre labels are so confusing!

now let me get this straight - if it has a build ie progression than its progressive? What about techno? Techno has long builds but ive never heard the label of progressive techno. I though that most dance music has some sort of progression in it. Thats why i likened the defination to progressive rock, i still think that that is where the label came from. To me, and many other i would say, progressive usally means slower - more downtempo

Uplifting Trance - Ferry Corsten

Euro Trance - Ian Van Dahil

German Trance - Cosmic Gate

Progressive Trance - Digweed

see what i am gettin at? by your defenition they would all be progressive something or other, but that is not how they label it in the countrys they are made in, and i tend to stick with those labels.

I dont know what irked me so much about the term "hard progressive trance" but i like to understand these things!

Originally posted by joeg

while i wouldn't mind a little more trance on any given saturday night... why do we constantly have to bash someone else's prefered genre to promote our own???

all anyone ever sees anymore is "xxxxxx sucks, we need yyyyy" "ny is about xxxx... take your yyyy somewhere else..."

jesus christ... at this rate, strom thurmon should be president, and germany should have won WW2... i mean, comon... is society really this brainwashed into competition??? everyone's gotta be the coolest, with the best music, and the best place to go?? get aids and die... everyone is different, and with that said, its not such a foreign idea that everyone is going to have a different musical preference, and a different opinion of whats fun... now to clarify... "different" doesn't have to equal "better"...

if we had trance every night, i'd want more house... either way, i wish there was more breaks and dnb... but i'm not gonna say everything sucks, and everyone should listen to breaks, dnb, techno, downtempo, or their casio keyboard for that matter... VARIETY... Spontanaity... are all of these things lost???

i'd like to be able to go out on any given weekend and have a choice of genres... i don't want ANYTHING every night...

fuck... i don't like gabber... but if there was a gabber party, i wouldn't call it crap.... ya know?

i don't know... i stopped commenting on these threads a long time ago... but for some reason i felt compelled to throw this out there again....

just go out and have fun... thats the point... whatever gets you off... its your business... aslong as you had a good time, thats why you went....

:)

bump, incase anyone didn't see it.... :)

Originally posted by codica3

I prefer house, tribal and breaaaaaaaaaaaaakssssssss. :D

Wow Cody...you seem like my twin...we both luv Armin....and I'm a house/tribal head as well....as for Breaks....all I can say is Icey's Everyday is my fav breaks song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually one of my favorite songs ever!

I AGREE WITH ALOT OF YOU

NEW YORK IS A HOUSE TOWN

BUT I FEEL THAT WE SHOULD HAVE ONE CLUB JUST FOR TRANCE LIKE MAYBE EXIT OR ROXY I DOUBT IT WOULD HAPPEN BUT THEY ARE NICE SIZE DANCE FLOORS AND HAVE A GOOD TRANCE RESIDENT AND BRING IN BIG NAMES ONCE A MONTH OR SOMETHIN

I KNOW I WOULD GO

Originally posted by clubgyrl00

Wow Cody...you seem like my twin...we both luv Armin....and I'm a house/tribal head as well....as for Breaks....all I can say is Icey's Everyday is my fav breaks song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually one of my favorite songs ever!

Icey didn't produce that track...and the ones that he did produce sounds nothing like Everyday.

Originally posted by xpander

Icey didn't produce that track...and the ones that he did produce sounds nothing like Everyday.

eh u sure about that?

Florida breaks sound like Florida breaks, and the icey remix of everyday sounds just like the rest of iceys remixes/productions

We arent talking about the original trance song here

eh u sure about that?

Florida breaks sound like Florida breaks, and the icey remix of everyday sounds just like the rest of iceys remixes/productions

We arent talking about the original trance song here

Thanks Aaron...b/c the last time I saw Icey at Assylum in mass it sure sounded like breaks to me...i might have the screename Clubgyrl but im not stupid when it comes to the music..i may not be as knowledgeable as the rest of you, but im gradually learning! Give me a break..lol

Guest distort909
Originally posted by jamezny1

ok compare any house cd to acostas pm edition or awake or how about oakenfolds residency or live in ibiza or tiestos magic 7 the only thing nyc has is tenaglia!!!! all these other guys have nothing original its the same repetitive crap over and over

i agree in my opinion the only nyc resident that is worth any merrit is danny.............he does not just play one style

Guest distort909
Originally posted by brickhouse

I may be totally off here, but isn't Johnny Vicious primarily a trance DJ?

hehehe if you really want trance, head out to Webster Hall :laugh:

yeah but johnny vicious is a better producer then dj.............

i find him boring..............& i love trance

Guest distort909
Originally posted by Pyro264

New york has never really had a trance scene at all. Every once in a while well get some talent but that it. I think we need some real clubs (Spundea, Space, Crobar) to move into Ny and show these wannabees ( Roxy & Exit) How its done.

uummmmmmmm not true.........

gonzo had limelight rockin every thursday & sat night from 92 - 95 i believe with what trance.,...............actually he was the first dj to play it in a nyc nightclub.

stand by the innovatores

AHHH! genre labels are so confusing!

now let me get this straight - if it has a build ie progression than its progressive? What about techno? Techno has long builds but ive never heard the label of progressive techno. I though that most dance music has some sort of progression in it. Thats why i likened the defination to progressive rock, i still think that that is where the label came from. To me, and many other i would say, progressive usally means slower - more downtempo

Uplifting Trance - Ferry Corsten

Euro Trance - Ian Van Dahil

German Trance - Cosmic Gate

Progressive Trance - Digweed

see what i am gettin at? by your defenition they would all be progressive something or other, but that is not how they label it in the countrys they are made in, and i tend to stick with those labels.

I dont know what irked me so much about the term "hard progressive trance" but i like to understand these things!

its definately confusing but the best way is to hear a good example of each genre then u can learn to define what category a track falls into. corsten and ian van dahl are both progressive trance (im sure corsten can get a little hard too but not from the sets ive heard) and cosmic gate is hard progressive trance. digweed is progressive w/ occasional breaks. as for techno the vast majority is the same beat through out the track. never builds just repetive w/ maybe a short breakdown and synth stabs