Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For you Crobar bashers....

lolahotass

:eek::laugh: this has Saleen written all over it ??:D

originally posted by: clubcritic

heres a few words about a clubbers outlook on ur club..

the music is pretty weak anynight i go there.

if it wasnt for the free drinks i wouldnt go in the first place but i go there drink free get blasted all on ur account then i go to space or where ever else and give them my money..

ur new staff is horrible that stupid freggin indian guy is just the worst i dunno who he thinks he is but u need to get rid of him..

ok now the djs

juan horrible get rid of him, point blank.

cedric ahh he is ok u can keep him but move him to a night where he isnt holding the main spot.

ivano- if i never seen him spin again it would be to soon.

he djs 5 nights a week in miami plays the same music every night.

why as a clubber would i wanna go see him at crobar when i he is at 4 other clubs playing the same thing.

ok the crowd is horrible u promote the wrong places pulling the wrong crowd.

i understand u wanna have the most prestige club in miami but its neva gonna happen the way its going.

theres no good looking people in there anymore, everyone is old and just washed up.

ur promoters do a horrible job on that.

try promoting new places.i can ramble on but ide be wasting my time for sure.

but the summary is

the guest djs u have are good but the residents need to go. get rid of the indian jerkoff they hired. also VIP,that wack bull**** u pull about dress attire? what money is money why do u care if someone is wearing sneakers or a sleeveless shirt,ur getting paid so STFU. its not a fashion show, when 90% of ur crowd looks gross.

take my comments to mind and maybe ull have a better party

You know, he does have some valid points. I'll disagree with the Juan comment, Juan's alright in my book :) Ivano does in fact play 5 nights a week in Miami (Space, Spin, Opium, crobar x 2) and sometimes more, while pretty much playing the same thing. I've only seen him digress at Spin, but only to give Ronnie something to pick up off of at 4 AM when he leaves the decks. And I'll gladly agree that Cedric should not be the main DJ on any given night...he's just not there yet.

The doorstaff is tough, but the people inside are fine...

I'll concur with the 'guest DJs are good' line, too.

At least this guy explained why he didn't have a good time...

crobar in my book has some work to do, Space has taken half their guest DJs, and Maze has just opened up with a better sound system.

Originally posted by pod

You know, he does have some valid points. I'll disagree with the Juan comment, Juan's alright in my book :) Ivano does in fact play 5 nights a week in Miami (Space, Spin, Opium, crobar x 2) and sometimes more, while pretty much playing the same thing. I've only seen him digress at Spin, but only to give Ronnie something to pick up off of at 4 AM when he leaves the decks. And I'll gladly agree that Cedric should not be the main DJ on any given night...he's just not there yet.

The doorstaff is tough, but the people inside are fine...

I'll concur with the 'guest DJs are good' line, too.

At least this guy explained why he didn't have a good time...

crobar in my book has some work to do, Space has taken half their guest DJs, and Maze has just opened up with a better sound system.

They used to be an awesome club on any Friday or Saturday. I think the last time I had a good time there was when Zabiela played. Seaman's nite was only OK for my taste.

But I rather go out for a good dinner or try out a new place than go there. That guest from NYC, Nunez or something like that is as bad as their residents. Why pay them to come?

Space is out on Fridays. Don't like Spin, looks like Barbie's club:( . Privee is nice, but crowded and music is tasteless. Mynt is a little too much for me.

So what's up on Fridays? Will those people at Maze finally do something? or are Friday's in Sobe all about the movies?:confused::(

Fridays are hardly about the movies. Give Spin another shot, trust me. You're on the mark about Prive and Mynt...avoid at all costs. Maze is definitely worth stopping in on too.

Besides, you can always get the DVD of the movie and avoid all the 14 year olds at the mall that night.

Originally posted by pod

Fridays are hardly about the movies. Give Spin another shot, trust me. You're on the mark about Prive and Mynt...avoid at all costs. Maze is definitely worth stopping in on too.

Besides, you can always get the DVD of the movie and avoid all the 14 year olds at the mall that night.

I know:( Sobe is pretty lame on Fridays, nothing like it is thought to be. I hope that Maze picks up or Crobar gets the talent they used to.:confused:

Originally posted by roxysandiego

They used to be an awesome club on any Friday or Saturday. I think the last time I had a good time there was when Zabiela played. Seaman's nite was only OK for my taste.

But I rather go out for a good dinner or try out a new place than go there. That guest from NYC, Nunez or something like that is as bad as their residents. Why pay them to come?

Space is out on Fridays. Don't like Spin, looks like Barbie's club:( . Privee is nice, but crowded and music is tasteless. Mynt is a little too much for me.

So what's up on Fridays? Will those people at Maze finally do something? or are Friday's in Sobe all about the movies?:confused::(

I kinda agree with this post. Long time ago, I used to go to Crobar at least twice a week..now the people is not the same, the DJs there are not too good... the last time I had fun there was when Seaman spun. Spin is just alright in my book, Opium sucks on Fridays and Saturday but I'd still check it out once in a blue moon, Prive is overrated and too packed plus the music is less than alright, Mynt is the same shit as Prive. I wouldn't say Friday nights is all about the movies but all about the strip clubs LOL

Miami is really lacking of good parties. Next week, I'll be at Space for Deep Dish. Saturdays at Lola are a good option for me too. We need better parties. Oh! forgot Nikki's , always a good time there, especially if someone else is covering the bill. :D

Originally posted by laliux

I kinda agree with this post. Long time ago, I used to go to Crobar at least twice a week..now the people is not the same, the DJs there are not too good... the last time I had fun there was when Seaman spun. Spin is just alright in my book, Opium sucks on Fridays and Saturday but I'd still check it out once in a blue moon, Prive is overrated and too packed plus the music is less than alright, Mynt is the same shit as Prive. I wouldn't say Friday nights is all about the movies but all about the strip clubs LOL

Miami is really lacking of good parties. Next week, I'll be at Space for Deep Dish. Saturdays at Lola are a good option for me too. We need better parties. Oh! forgot Nikki's , always a good time there, especially if someone else is covering the bill. :D

I also agree. Last Friday I went to Maze, their VIP was very good. Had a great time.

The moment their main dancefloor takes off, forget it. It is a very good club. Give it some time. There is a recession. The moment the season hits it will take over as one of the heavyweights.

Crobar has let most of us down. Their residents aren't of the quality Crobar deserved (past tense). They want to make money with less expenditures so they can finish the NYC one I guess. But they lost their main asset, the quality of their crowd. Maze can easily take it away once they are able to accomplish exposure. Mazegirl knows all this, we spoke last Friday. :cool:

originally posted by: clubcritic

....cedric ahh he is ok u can keep him but move him to a night where he isnt holding the main spot.

ivano- if i never seen him spin again it would be to soon.

he djs 5 nights a week in miami plays the same music every night.

why as a clubber would i wanna go see him at crobar when i he is at 4 other clubs playing the same thing.....

Shameful:cheese:

I can't bash Crobar too much cuz everytime I've been there, I've had a good time....

But I only go once in a blue moon, so it's not like I'm there all the time. I must not notice people like everyone else cuz I see a lot of people my age in there (26).... I see older people and younger people; people with money, or just the average clubber...

As of late though, I have had zero interest in going there. They all ready ruined the original Crobar Chicago. That place fucken sucks now.

All I gotsta say is when they bring in a DJ I like, then I'm there. I will probably check out Back Door Bambi next Monday though since I'm off on Tuesday and my boy is in town.......:)

Lola:D

Hehe, Lailux, I'm surprised you came on here and said that, you used to be crobar's most ardent defender...:)

I used to defend 'em a lot too, and still will for certain aspects of the venue (friendly staff inside, cool technical guys, and a decent sound system even though Maze totally outclasses it now..), but like any venue I will point out the obvious errors...in crobar's case it's the doorstaff, recent lack of talented DJs (except for Josh Wink, woah!), and high drink prices...

Wonder how crobar NYC is going to be?

Originally posted by pod

Hehe, Lailux, I'm surprised you came on here and said that, you used to be crobar's most ardent defender...:)

I used to defend 'em a lot too, and still will for certain aspects of the venue (friendly staff inside, cool technical guys, and a decent sound system even though Maze totally outclasses it now..), but like any venue I will point out the obvious errors...in crobar's case it's the doorstaff, recent lack of talented DJs (except for Josh Wink, woah!), and high drink prices...

Wonder how crobar NYC is going to be?

That's right Pod, I was Crobar's most ardent defender because Crobar was Crobar before but as of late, the overall quality of the club has gone down and that's clearly evident. I still like the door staff, even though lots of people hate them (especially Fabrizio LOL) and the staff inside is cool too (Chris and also the bartender in the back). I would still go to Crobar when they bring a DJ that I like but the residents now suck, Cedric used to be better, Ivano well?? no comments.

Everyone talks about Maze...that it's better than Crobar and all the beach clubs but it hasn't picked up yet. I will check Maze out when they bring someone I like.

For now, I will go this Saturday to Space for Deep Dish. :D

Crobar still has the best staff on the beach.

I haven't been there in a few months, but I have had some great nights there in the past.

And while what a lot of people say are valid, if I were going out on a saturday, and didn't know who was spining anywhere, I know Crobar is always a safe bet.

And lets face it, all the clubs have been pretty sketchy lately :(

Originally posted by shroomy

Crobar still has the best staff on the beach.

I haven't been there in a few months, but I have had some great nights there in the past.

And while what a lot of people say are valid, if I were going out on a saturday, and didn't know who was spining anywhere, I know Crobar is always a safe bet.

And lets face it, all the clubs have been pretty sketchy lately :(

true! :D

I think every club just has its run, they peak and then people want somewhere new to go. When I first moved down here like 2.5 years ago ---------> crobar was awesome. Eye candy everywhere, now it's just all old tourists. As soon as open bar is over the place is empty.

I'll still go for good music if they pull in some top talent, but I'm over that place. *And for the 100,000th time: they need to make their dance floor bigger. They should just get rid of that needless table/seating area on the left side and expand the dance floor. How can you have a nightclub w/ a tiny dance floor?!?! Doesn't make sense. I'm always running around looking for somewhere to dance.....I mean seriously at least put in some stripper poles or something! :laugh: :laugh: :D