Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why don't you call???

luvle02

Not for nothing... So many people do stupid things in the heat of the moment and when they are DRUNK... I have gotten numbers... Sometimes I call sometimes I don't you can usually read what is going on. If the number is given without you having to ask... Then call... What harm can it do. Forget that whole game shit... But if you have to ask for the number... And she finally gives it... Nah I wouldnt call... That is more of a " I feel obligated to give him my number " type of thing...

I guess you just have to read the whole vibe... And take it from there...

The weird thing is some people are just good for dance partners... Why does it have to turn into a number thing... Why cant it just be... I had fun tonight and lets just leave it there???

DISCLAIMER: I am drunk... I hope this post made sense :tongue:

Originally posted by elementx

Not for nothing... So many people do stupid things in the heat of the moment and when they are DRUNK... I have gotten numbers... Sometimes I call sometimes I don't you can usually read what is going on.

I wouldn't bother asking if the person was obliterated.

Originally posted by luvle02

Why do you ask for a number if you aren't intending to use it?:confused:

To answer your question:

He fears rejection - No matter how well the first encounter went, he still dreads making the first phone call, he will be placing our cards on the table and opening himself up to possible rejection.

He rethinks and decides you're not his type - He thinks back to that first encounter and realize that you may just not be for him.

He got too busy (or you seemed too busy) - Being too busy will not prevent a guyfrom calling you if he wants to. But if he's not so interested, a busy lifestyle can get in the way.

He was only out to "get the number" - Guys need to know that they are desirable to women and may at times go out to meet a woman just to prove they can. It sounds disgusting, self-centered and inconsiderate, but it is the truth.

Originally posted by £ddie

To answer your question:

He fears rejection - No matter how well the first encounter went, he still dreads making the first phone call, he will be placing our cards on the table and opening himself up to possible rejection.

He rethinks and decides you're not his type - He thinks back to that first encounter and realize that you may just not be for him.

He got too busy (or you seemed too busy) - Being too busy will not prevent a guyfrom calling you if he wants to. But if he's not so interested, a busy lifestyle can get in the way.

He was only out to "get the number" - Guys need to know that they are desirable to women and may at times go out to meet a woman just to prove they can. It sounds disgusting, self-centered and inconsiderate, but it is the truth.

Well said... But as for the ending part... Not all are like that... But you made alot of sense... As for the rejection part... Well I guess it is all a self concious thing... If you are confident you will call... If you are insecure... You wont...

okay, first how it is for me: i sometimes just get the number because i CAN. sometimes i even go as far as kissing, etc because i CAN. it´s practise to see if you CAN get a girl. if you then WANT her after that is a completely other issue.

if a girl is hot, the question is not do you want her but are you able to GET her :)! only that way you´re gonna be able to get the women that you REALLY want when you meet them :)!

other possibilities:

-there are lot of guys that get numbers when they are drunk and can´t even remember what name the girl had, how she looked like, which girl gave them which number, etc. and therefor don´t call.

-there are guys that simply chicken out

-as someone already pointed out, there are guys that friendly eject with "i´ll call you" to not hurt your ego too bad (at least on that specific evening)

also, don´t be surprised if he calls you 2 WEEKS later :)! some guys do that just to have the effect of the girl wondering and thinking about them (that´s what the 3 day is supposed to do). rule of thumb for me: the stronger the impression i made on her on our first meeting the longer i wait to call :)

Originally posted by luvle02

Why do you ask for a number if you aren't intending to use it?:confused:

Ha Ha Ha..... funny thing is, it works both ways, there are gals who give out their numbers but dont necessarilly intend to respond to it...Go figure, some of 'em luv the fact that somebody calls 'em.... kinda of an ego and image insecurity. Doesnt really make 'em bad...just inconsiderate. But I guess both guys and gals do it.....

Then again....

just ma opinion....dont make it rite :D