The Global DJ Broadcast

WPYM-FM Miami

For week of: 12-23-02

This week's lineup:

12 am - 1:00am - Markus Schulz throws down the essentials

1:00 am - 2:00am - DJ Tiesto

2:00 am - 3:00 am - Noel Sanger

3:00 am - 5:00am - Markus Schulz

We dedicate the first hour to bringing you the newest essential tunes out each week. These are the titles every dj should have in his box. This week we feature tracks from Quiver, Tomcraft, Solarstone and Fluke . Have paper and pen ready to jot down title and artist info before hitting the record store to do your last minute shopping for that special dj in your life.

DJ Magazine says this guy is the #1 dj in the world! We agree. Between dj'ing and producing his own music over the past 15 years, Tiesto definately deserves the title. Be sure to check out "In My Memory", his latest release on Nettwerk. "The album's been very big and that's important to me. I've always wanted to be more than just a dj, to produce my own music. I plan to do a lot more stuff in the studio over the next few months, then next year establish a whole new set, a semi-live thing using a lot of my own music, stuff from a lap-top, records and cds, combine everything. I think it could be the way forward for djs, a way to give things your own flavor." We here at The Broadcast look forward to that.

Noel Sanger returns to The Broadcast. Hot on the heals of his remix for Perfecto of "Flesh", Nettwerk recording artist Noel Sanger sends us a preview of his upcoming set at Maze on December 27. Email us for a spot on the guestlist if you can make it!

Markus Schulz takes over the decks in the fourth and fifth hours. This is the perfect way to round out your weekend of clubbing. This week's set was recorded live at his residency, Funktion Fridays at Club Maze. Be sure to stop by the booth and say hi next time you are there.

NEXT WEEK: Satoshi Tomiie and Cassius!

COMING SOON: Layo & Bushwacka, Deep Dish, Roger Sanchez, Pete Gawtry, That Kid Chris, Guy Ornadel, James Lavelle, Roger Wade

Markus Schulz Top 10 (in no particular order)

1. Yet Another Day - Armin Van Buuren (Riva Remix) [Armind]

2. Only When- Depeche Mode [CDR]

3. Pray - Syntax [white label]

4. Dark Beat- Murk [Twisted]

5. Gravastar- Hybrid [white label]

6. Breezer/Beauty Never Fades - Junkie XL and Sasha [Roadrunner]

7. Ritual Insanity- Southside (Edgar V Remix) [cdr]

8. Serenity - Castor and Pollux (JF Sebastian remix) [big Beat]

9. Release- Solarstone [Lost Language]

10. Happiness - Tomcraft [Kosmos]

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I'll there for layo and bushwaka 4 sure!!!!!!!!!

fuck those guys, they live off "love story", chick out that kid chris, he puts out sick productions..

NOEL SANGER

Within the global dance community, the term “progressive‚†defines the thumping four by four genre of electronic music making heavy rotations on the world’s elite dance floors. However, to DJ and producer Noel Sanger, this term characterizes his unrelenting quest to be on the cutting edge of the dance music scene. For Sanger, progressive is not just a definition, but an attitude and a philosophy.

Highly regarded as a top Producer and Remixer among the industry’s elite, Sanger boasts five mix compilations and a slew of formative remix projects for Jan Johnston, Delerium, and BT amongst others. Sanger continues to earn a reputation for quality and innovation with Summer Breeze II his debut album on Nettwerk America.

Sanger’s musical career began as a songwriter at the age of eight and progressed into his love of guitar at age thirteen. Stemming from his musical appreciation, he later moved onto the commercial side of music as a radio presenter at a Naples, Florida dance music station. Although familiar with gothic and industrial sounds, Sanger was awestruck by the sound of house and techno; it was unlike anything he ever heard.

Over the next several years, Sanger experimented with first-wave commercial techno, New York House, and Florida break beats. During these years he drew from many fields of music, yet he considers himself first and foremost a progressive DJ.

“To me, progressive doesn’t necessarily mean a specific sound; it’s the attitude, the mentality of the music moving forward,†he says. “I think that a good progressive DJ can play from many different genres.â€

Sanger exemplifies this idea on his latest mix album, Summer Breeze II. The second album in a series also mixed by DJ Tiësto, Summer Breeze II takes the listener deeper into a journey of progressive house and breaks that include some of Sanger’s own tracks and his vocal debut on “Trapped.â€

Sanger describes his album: “While Tiësto’s album includes more melodic tracks, the first disc on my album is more “housey†and the second disc features more break beats. I really wanted my album to have vocals, life, and soul. The sounds on the two albums are different, but we are both shooting for the same accessibility in the “Summer Breeze†series. I think there’s a common theme between the way Tiësto and I play to the people.â€

Sanger successfully combines two apparent paradoxes by creating an album that is both deep and uplifting at the same time. The first disc typical of his opening sets has a lower bpm than the second album, and finishes strong and smooth with a powerful crescendo. In contrast, the second disc mirrors some of Sanger’s headlining peak-hour sets.

Sanger’s love of music is undeniable whether he is in the DJ booth, in the studio, or writing lyrics. The driving ambition and personal quest to share music he loves with the world have lasted throughout his twelve-year career, and will continue to characterize Noel Sanger as one of America’s most dynamic producers.

Noel will be @ MAZE next Friday, December 27th!!!

m a z e g i r l

;)