Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so my exam was "postponed"

Scheduled for today at 12pm. I show up at 11:30. There is a note on the door to the lecture hall saying that the exam was postponed until Saturday at 8:00am due to personal reasons. A LOT of people left. I stuck around for 15 minutes then bounced figuring i have time to study.

A few minutes ago I just found out the note was a fake, the exam took place as scheduled... I have no idea what is going to happen, he must be PISSED! Should I go out to Roxy or not?? What to do? Everyone who saw the note thinks the exam was rescheduled for 8am tommorow and will probably show up. There is a chance the professor will actually do that, no idea. HELP!

Funny shit right???

In one of my other shitty classes someone jammed the door lock to the professor's room. He had to get a locksmith to open it. Now he is unsure of the validity of the exam because there is a chance someone got hold of it. Maybe we will all get a retake after winter break. who knows. This is the first year anything like this has happened, i'm shocked and impressed. :eek:

Originally posted by joeg

jesus, as fucked up as that is... thats pretty fucking funny....

rescheduled to 8am sat morning... lol...

well, i'm sure they'll setup another time for you to take it... get in touch with the professor...

I'm gonna stay in and study just in case. He emailed me friend back a while ago and was pretty pissed, didn't really say anything conclusive.

I go to Rutgers... Shit like this has never happened before though. Not this bad anyway.

I went to the "makeup" exam this morning at 8am just in case the professor felt bad for people and decided to show up. 12 people were there and 80% of them didn't have a clue. We figured about 15-18 people were fooled. We waited till 8:15, signed a piece of paper with our names and bounced. Here is the notice the professor put on his website:

DEC 21 - HOAX

Sometime before 11:30am or so on Dec 20, someone posted a fake notice outside SEC-117 that the CS336 makeup scheduled for Dec 20, 12pm-2pm was moved to Dec 21, 8am-10am.

The makeup was held on Dec 20 at 12 noon as scheduled. However, several students left before that time, believing the notice to be real.

We are looking into this matter. I will determine what I will do with regard to evaluating the students who did not take the makeup. When I have made the decision, I will post it on this web site.

:eek:

Thats fuckin halarious... most likely your professor has to talk to the head of the department and the department staff about this matter, because rutgers is all about going through tons of red tape... considering the amount of ppl fooled and the attention he paid to this hoax, most likely you will get a retake.

ahhh... Rutgers... gotta love this place!

that's bullshit. I'd not go out until the test was taken and you were REALLY on break, or unless they agreed to give it to you after new year's.

I'd also spend some spare time hunting down the fucker who posted the note, then posting HIM to the door with a nailgun and a post-it stuck to his head: "Sorry, i'm the asshole and i'm dead now."

Originally posted by aphelion

that is clever...

is this livingston or nb?

livingston campus is in new brunswick... piscattaway if you wanna get technical... there is livingston, busch, college ave, cook, and douglass... not that you care but just to clear up the confusion they are all in new brunswick

Originally posted by jennEfer

livingston campus is in new brunswick... piscattaway if you wanna get technical... there is livingston, busch, college ave, cook, and douglass... not that you care but just to clear up the confusion they are all in new brunswick

Jenn are you for real?? Livingston is in Piscataway. You of all people should know this because you LIVED there. Zip code 08854. Duh!! Busch is also in Piscataway. Cook/Douglass and College Ave are in New Brunswick.

This class isn't engineering anyway, it is computer science. I'm taking it as an elective. Go study for your exam tommorow, hope to see you out next weekend.