Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The lines at Giant!

jessica2111

I just have to say that I went to Giant Saturday, and my friend and I stood in line for 3 fuckin' hours!! It was great once we got in, but our feet were hurting by then! Is a 3-hour wait the norm, or was it because of Gatecrasher? We got there at 10 -- what time do they actually start letting people in? And I tried to get on the elist -- I sent my email out Friday morning, but they told me I was too late! How many days ahead do you need to email in order to get on the list???

cwm3.gifcwm3.gif

The lines are always long, it is best to get there around 9, earlier if you can when it is a "special" event like last Sat. And for the elist it is always best to send your request by Thursday afternoon. The consistently long lines for giant, just goes to show you that this town is ready for MORE! Now we need a proper club for Sunday nights. Any ideas peeps?

S

The Lines at Giant compared with...

a) Russian bread line in the middle of a freezing winter.

B) Disneyland before fastpass.

c) Some Vegas club.

d) Going to see Graceland on Elvis's BDAY. cwm39.gif

e) $0.29 Hamburger day at Tommy's.

f) Ganesh Chaturthi Festival in India. getting a little deep into the cultural fringes with that one! smile.gif

Okay you get the point. Bottom line is it sucked royal. I will never wait three hours to get into a club, so I guess there's no Giant for me ... and no Hank for Giant. frown.gif

What a lose-lose situation. cwm23.gif Somebody needs to let Dave Dean about this tragedy. cwm6.gif

------------------

"A tree with strong roots can withstand the most violent storm, but the tree can't grow roots just as the storm appears on the horizon."

--DL

[This message has been edited by herbalist (edited 10-09-2000).]

I waited 3 hours in line at the Giant when PVD was spinning there. I don't think i could do that again. It's a great club, but I'm sick and tired of standing in f*cking line! And that's my 2 cents!

This is the information as I know it. The first problem is that the owner doesn't like to fill to capacity, he is too worried about the fire marshall. The e-list could almost fill the club to capacity.

In all honest it has to be a choice to go to Giant. You have to be prepared to wait in line and get there early. There isn't a lot fingerpointing that can be done.

Not to sound like an asshole, but the DJ's and atmosphere are great, people will wait in line and people will pay, until somebody else can do it better and then they will get in line there.

cwm7.gif

Hardcore you took the words right out of my mouth, and you're right on the mark. Gene, the owner of Circus Disco has the final say on capacity issues, regardless of how many people are on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> , e-list, or regular line. If he gets shut down for even a night, he'll lose a ton of money.

Okay. I really liked it. It's a very fun way to spend your Sat. night. Hope to be back soon. cwm17.gif

------------------

"A tree with strong roots can withstand the most violent storm, but the tree can't grow roots just as the storm appears on the horizon."

--DL

Originally posted by dlish:

So, you made it Saturday? I hope it worked out for you at the door. Did you get in with no hassles?

Yeah dude. Thanks much. cwm12.gif

Hey everyone check out the Spot on Friday night. biggrin.gif

I'd go, but I'll be out of town. frown.gif

------------------

"If music be the food of love, play on."

— WS

Hey dlish, thanks for the great party at The Spot last Friday (goldelocks and I met you there). That place is really nice -- very mixed crowd - everyone should check it out.

And herbalist, it was nice meeting you too. Glad you had fun at Giant, too. I'm planning on heading back there soon, but this time I've got to get on a list, cuz I'm not waiting 3 hours again!! cwm12.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

lubbug.gif

Archived