Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Phat Music Sessions Friday Dec. 27

marcodavalos

We have our own special Christmas present for you guys. Phat Music Sessions will throw its first official party after our collaboration with Deeper Substance feat. Demi last November.

It has been an unforgettable 2002 for all of us at PMS. 2003 brings us new opportunities, renewed energies and lots of motivation. Join us for this pre-pre-pre-pre NYE celebration. It surely will be another classic PMS night.

The day is this Friday December 27, 2002. 10 pm

The place, the new club that opened a month ago, MAZE, 1771 West Ave.

Entrance thru the main doors, corner of 18th and West

The location in the MAZE, the big room on the second level. Elevators available.

Cover on me. All night. Just e-mail me, madb@bellsouth.net or simply PM me. Or e-mail Mazegirl, carla@clubmaze.com Hope to see some of the CPers I met this weekend. You will like what we’ve got.

Our residents: Chris Duque and Mono Henao

Visuals: Lionel

The Phat Music Sessions family wishes you all a Merry Christmas and a peaceful new year.

“Phat Music Sessions, always a good vibe”

MD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

I think I'm gonna go pop into this one for a bit. Good to finally meet you Marcos...

biz he is the dude i was trying to point out to you....

Originally posted by marcodavalos

We have our own special Christmas present for you guys. Phat Music Sessions will throw its first official party after our collaboration with Deeper Substance feat. Demi last November.

It has been an unforgettable 2002 for all of us at PMS. 2003 brings us new opportunities, renewed energies and lots of motivation. Join us for this pre-pre-pre-pre NYE celebration. It surely will be another classic PMS night.

The day is this Friday December 27, 2002. 10 to 5

The place, the new club that opened a month ago, MAZE, 1771 West Ave.

Entrance thru the main doors, corner of 18th and West

The location in the MAZE, the big room on the second level. Elevators available.

Cover on me. All night. Just e-mail me, madb@bellsouth.net or simply PM me. Or e-mail Mazegirl, carla@clubmaze.com Hope to see some of the CPers I met this weekend. You will like what we’ve got.

Our residents: Chris Duque and Mono Henao

Visuals: Lionel

The Phat Music Sessions family wishes you all a Merry Christmas and a peaceful new year.

“Phat Music Sessions, always a good vibe”

MD

Nice:aright:

Originally posted by biznation00

I think I'm gonna go pop into this one for a bit. Good to finally meet you Marcos...

It was my pleasure to meet you Biz. Thanks a lot for the kind words and for the vip hook-up. I really enjoyed the patio last Saturday.

Hope to be able to see you this Friday.

Peace,

MD

Want to wish everybody associated with the night the best of luck and a fantastic opportunity for Mono and Chris who did a great job warming up for me when I came over to play at Reserved.

Support your local scene it's the most important foundations for whatever night so long as there is something new being tried which can allow the music and the clubs to move forward.

Miami needs more push from great people like Biz at Lunar and Marco and the rest with PM.

Hoping it all goes well and merry xmas

Looking forward to coming back to town again next month on the 24th.

It's going to be a lot a lot of fun;)

Originally posted by demids

Want to wish everybody associated with the night the best of luck and a fantastic opportunity for Mono and Chris who did a great job warming up for me when I came over to play at Reserved.

Support your local scene it's the most important foundations for whatever night so long as there is something new being tried which can allow the music and the clubs to move forward.

Miami needs more push from great people like Biz at Lunar and Marco and the rest with PM.

Wasuuuuuuuppp Demi! You on the 24??!!!!!:eek: .... can't wait !:D

Now ...... PMS this Friday :D ....... at Maze:D ..... can't stop it :D .... I'll have to put my thoughts together :D ..... I'm to full from last nite to think :D ......

The only thing I know is that Chris and Mono:D ..... are probably the most underrated DJs in Miami:D

:hat::D

We'll be waiting for you brother, happy holidays!

Funk :cool:

ps. remember DS Miami 11/14/02? :D

image010.jpgimage018.jpgimage023.jpgimage011.jpg

cheers guys

funkteer do you have any more of those pics...hvae most of them from dan but not that last one...

still wont forget that night in a long time and the 24th will I hope with the same support and even more support from Miami will be another memorable night

Originally posted by digital7

Marcos, good to hear you're back in action! :)

check your PM's

Thank Danny. Hope you can make it on Friday. It should be a nice night with Noel in the mainroom and Chris and Mono upstairs. A swinging night of great music. I am very excited, it is a dreamed of club.

I didn't receive your PM but I'm sending you one as of now.

Peace,

Marco

Thank you Demi for your kind words. You experienced the kind of vibe from the crowd that frequents our parties. We are happy you will be coming down again on the 24th. Sincerely, can't wait.

The pictures that Funketeer posted I believe were taken from www.cooljunkie.com They have a file with pictures from the Deeper Substance/PMS night at Reserved, last November 14th.

As to Chris and Mono, they are two DJs that have grown in exposure this year. Inmense talent. The real backbone to all the efforts we have done with Phat Music Sessions. As said on this thread, probably the most underrated DJs nowadays in Miami. It has to do with the underground, low key, approach this party developed.

I'll take this opportunity to share with you and the rest of the board a brief history of our party. The reason why we continuosly call it an underground party. It shares values with your party in London. And to many others that deserve to get out there and collaborate with any scene.

Marco Davalos

PHAT MUSIC SESSIONS

Phat Music Sessions is a way to express dance music. It is about music, the way it was meant to be.

Phat is a clothing store in the heart of South Beach. With its constant support for self expression and a firm commitment to expose electronic music, it was only a matter of time before the store could collaborate with its interpretation of the dancefloor scene.

As a consequence, Phat Music was formed, with the intention of promoting events and DJs, who would defend the same principles the clothing store standed for.

And the rest is the history of our party. Phat Music Sessions proved since its underground conception, an uncompromising effort to bring quality music to the table. The task wasn’t easy. From underground parties inside the clothing store, to downtown warehouse gatherings, the foundations for the movement were being structured.

Phat Music Sessions then found its home at Lola. After an unbelievable response to our first party, we were asked to feature the party on a weekly basis. During three months, every Friday resident DJs Chris Duque and Francisco Henao, aka Mono Henao, played with their guests’ bodies and minds, to deliver a unique feeling in South Beach’s dancefloors.

Well programmed music sets were joined by the exceptional talent of VJs Lionel and Regina, who interacted their visuals with the music and the crowd. One beat a a time. After a few weeks with us, Regina resumed her VJ career in her native Berlin, where she is active in Berlin's underground scene.

It was music that pounded the soul with visuals that danced next to our weekly guests. The feeling was unique. The vibe delivered, pure.

A successful Halloween party at Reseved 643 proved us the potential of the new venue. Having worked for weeks to bring our first international guest DJ, Reserved hosted in mid-November a special collaboration with our now sister party, Deeper Substance-London feat. Demi. It was a night to remember in terms of music and vibe, especially having organized it for the first time on a weekday, Thursday.

In the next five weeks we waited on different options for our party. This Friday features the return of Phat Music Sesssions, this time at a new venue, the newly opened Maze. With the infraestructure and logistics of Maze, Phat Music Sessions hopes to reach a new and unexplored level in Miami's underground movement. A dreamed of club, a dreamed of project.

This is what Phat Music Sessions is all about. This is what the dream was about. It is a way of life.

Peace,

The Phat Music Sessions Team

Dear Marco and the rest of the PMS family...

I am more than positive that Friday's party will give birth to a strong, and hopefully long, relationship with PMS. The vibe in your parties is incredible... Mono and Chris are AMAAAAAAZING DJ's... Good people too... :) I am certain that The Room upstairs will bring the most out of their talent and the energy that they so flawlessly create. I remember the party @ 643 w/ Mono and Chris and Demi... jejejeje... If Friday night is HALF the fun as THAT was... I am a happy happy camper.

We are excited about good things to come... First, in terms of new projects that we are venturing out to as well as the opportunity to, as you mentioned before, move forward to support what MAZE is all about... THE MUSIC.

I wish you the best of luck... Good to know you're part of the team.

I hope to see TONS of CPers on Friday... It's the first time since we opened where we will be having a different party in each room... :D Don't miss it.

m a z e g i r l

cheers guys

funkteer do you have any more of those pics...hvae most of them from dan but not that last one...

still wont forget that night in a long time and the 24th will I hope with the same support and even more support from Miami will be another memorable night

It was a classic night, we all had a great time. Actually, people where left talking about it for weeks and it even made the cut for the top ten sets of 2002...memorable.

Greetings from sunny Miami Beach, Fla...looking forward to seeing you again around these quarters.

Demi + Mono + Duque = :aright:

For more pics click here

Cheers mate!

Funk :cool:

mind-maze.jpg

Originally posted by mazegirl

Dear Marco and the rest of the PMS family...

I am more than positive that Friday's party will give birth to a strong, and hopefully long, relationship with PMS. The vibe in your parties is incredible... Mono and Chris are AMAAAAAAZING DJ's... Good people too... :) I am certain that The Room upstairs will bring the most out of their talent and the energy that they so flawlessly create. I remember the party @ 643 w/ Mono and Chris and Demi... jejejeje... If Friday night is HALF the fun as THAT was... I am a happy happy camper.

We are excited about good things to come... First, in terms of new projects that we are venturing out to as well as the opportunity to, as you mentioned before, move forward to support what MAZE is all about... THE MUSIC.

I wish you the best of luck... Good to know you're part of the team.

I hope to see TONS of CPers on Friday... It's the first time since we opened where we will be having a different party in each room... :D Don't miss it.

m a z e g i r l

Thank you for all the kind words Carla. I know you are familiar with what we were doing at Lola and Reserved. You were part of some of those parties and have experienced the vibe we achieved in them.

Chris and Mono are very excited on these new venture. They have been paciently preparing themselves for this Friday. I'm sure they are going to tear that place up. Both have a natural talent for music. I foresee them going far, that is why I always supported them. As I support many other talented DJs that I have come across, especially this past year.

I have received great feedback to Fridays party. Our followers realize that this party started from the bottom up. A party that grew from a small group to a respectable party in the circuit. And in this process, we opened our decks to some other local DJs, having them join us. I'm very happy to see Claudio Holze start his Fridays at Lime Bar as well. He was our second local guest DJ at Lola. He is a great DJ, with lots of experience and a great sense of reading his crowd.

It is an honor for us to join a club like yours. Be part of the first Friday when both floors are open with two different parties. And to participate in a night like this with Noel Sanger in the Funktion One room is a priviledge. Good luck Noel, my deepest respects.

I hope to see many Cpers as well. It is more than simply going out to support a club or a DJ, I sense it is to support a scene that lately has seen its options reduced. Supporting our locals and music has always been a part of me. Something I will never change.

Peace,

MD

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ok, I am definitely there on Friday then. Count me in.

I have to agree on a few points, Biz, it was a pleasure meeting you last week at Spin, we were introduced by Jimmy, I'm the girl with the glasses. :D I have seen you plenty of times at Spin and in the Patio. I agree, you do a great job bringing people in and making them loyal fans. I hope those people from VIP come back, even though Spin was empty. *lol*

Carla, it was a pleasure meeting you at Maze that time I went a few weeks ago. You probably don't remember me though. :) There are actually a couple pics of me on whysleep.net from that night at Space.

Being that so many of us are getting a little burned out of the same ol-same ol, glad that everyone is banding together at a new venue. From what I saw, Maze was definitely very cool, I was actually most impressed by the visuals. Nice setup guys. See you all there on Friday night.

:aright::party::aright:

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Thank Danny. Hope you can make it on Friday. It should be a nice night with Noel in the mainroom and Chris and Mono upstairs. A swinging night of great music. I am very excited, it is a dreamed of club.

I didn't receive your PM but I'm sending you one as of now.

Peace,

Marco

Marco, recibi tu mensaje y te conteste .. seguro que voy el viernes a la rumba.. este pendiente esta noche

Danny

Originally posted by meli2444

YOU ACTUALLY GET OUT? :confused: I THOUGHT YOU JUST HIDE BEHIND THE COMPUTER. :tongue:

That's for you to miss me!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding!!! :D

I've been out of town for christmass, family reunion at N.Y... Freezing!!!!... but I'm back and ready for Maze!!!

High expectations, uh???