Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's Up w/Crobar?

vipnerd

I really don't get it ....... as much as I loved Crobar ... I feel simply disappointed ..... they lost Lawler ........ they lost Lee Burridge ....... they lost Parks and Wilson ..... they lost Howells ......

then they gave a residency to Cedric ..... and kept Ivanno ....

and now................. they lost who gave them the best party in 2002............................

Sander Kleinenberg :eek: ......... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: ......... he will be at SPACE January 18 :bounce: ....... the Saturday after DT ..........

Well ....... at least on the 31st of January they have Nick Warren ... :D

With their current line-up ...... they are direct competition to Opium!! :eek::laugh: :laugh:

Space is just the better club...it happens...crobar lost sight of what matters...especially with their door policy and crowd...crobar's crowd just plain stinks. crobar's pluses are location, staff inside, and sound system...

Originally posted by pod

Space is just the better club...it happens...crobar lost sight of what matters...especially with their door policy and crowd...crobar's crowd just plain stinks. crobar's pluses are location, staff inside, and sound system...

right on point Pod. :D

Musically, Crobar has gone downhill and Space is getting almost all the good DJs.....now if Maze steps up and gets Digweed, Cox, and other favorites will be serious competition for Space. We'll see what happens.

RR isn't enough to save a club these days unfortunately...he's good and all, but not enough to save crobar's reputation. They will have to do something quite radical to get the good crowd going again...and with Maze possibly getting some of the other good talent, crobar's got a lot of work to do.

I hope they don't slide back into the old days where the best you could hope for is some anonymous resident..

Originally posted by saleen351

crobar and level are in serious trouble....

I hope not to be honest...................all though I don't hang at either place every weekend, I do enjoy their venues. Unfortunately, they haven't brought in anyone I have been interested in hearing..........(all though I do plan to hit up Level for Padilla in January).

But with my retirement from Space, I will be in need of a new dance venue on Saturdays.....................

Hope they get on the ball..........and fast!!

Lola:D

With Level's loss of GA to Spin, and crobar's general lack of anything good lately, there goes the neighborhood...

I forsee 2003 being a banner year for Maze and Spin. Doesn't bother me one bit. Spin's a nice place with great staff, decent crowd and a nice sound system, and Maze is just amazing :)

crobar has some serious work ahead of them. Frankly, it's expected...these things change over time...

crobar is getting played out anyway. No major design changes in the three years they've been operational...well, they did move the DJ booth at the beginning of 2001, but that's about it...for a club to stay on the edge, they have to innovate and re-invent themselves, and that includes changing the physical look of a place. I'm not talking about a total tear-down, but maybe changing the colors of the place, moving some lighting around, stuff like that.

Lola, I have a feeling after this weekend you'll have found your new hangout.

Originally posted by laliux

right on point Pod. :D

Musically, Crobar has gone downhill and Space is getting almost all the good DJs.....now if Maze steps up and gets Digweed, Cox, and other favorites will be serious competition for Space. We'll see what happens.

----------------------------------------------------------

still Crobar is my favorite club. :D

Heeeeeeelllllllppppppppp!:blown::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: