Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Maze, Does it stand up to the hype?

fat0ny

Originally posted by andrewthomas

ya every weekend that they have a guest dj..

i go there on regular nights mostly and ialways go look to see if ur in ur speaker or something and ur never there. lol

fuel and living room is just 1 hole in the wall place cant really compare to anything.

only time i ever seen those places really packed was when JP was spinning there..:D

am i not allowed to mock space for every lil thing i find wrong?

after all that jerkoff bouncer cost me a few fuckin grand with that stupid thing that happend that time

i think they should fuckin repay me..

enough about fukin space

when u miami fools gonna get ur acts together....

its all up to u guys to get maze packed.

now start spreading the news

Hey, I know that one!

Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today

I want to be a part of it - New York, New York

These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray

Right through the very heart of it - New York, New York

I want to wake up in a city, that doesn't sleep

And find I'm king of the hill - top of the heap

These little town blues, are melting away

I'll make a brand new start of it - in old New York

If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere

It's up to you - New York, New York

New York-New York

I want to wake up, in a city that never sleeps

and while i'm A number 1- top of the list

King of the hill- A number 1....

these little town blues, are melting away

I'm gonna make a brand new start of it, in old New York

and- If i can make it there, i'm gonna make it, anywhere

It's up to you, New York- New York

New York!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by andrewthomas

ya every weekend that they have a guest dj..

i go there on regular nights mostly and ialways go look to see if ur in ur speaker or something and ur never there. lol

fuel and living room is just 1 hole in the wall place cant really compare to anything.

only time i ever seen those places really packed was when JP was spinning there..:D

am i not allowed to mock space for every lil thing i find wrong?

after all that jerkoff bouncer cost me a few fuckin grand with that stupid thing that happend that time

i think they should fuckin repay me..

enough about fukin space

when u miami fools gonna get ur acts together....

its all up to u guys to get maze packed.

now start spreading the news

:duel:nah ! nah ! I’m a bigger Space supporter then your are. lol now stop f*cking arguing with me.. people will start thinking we hate each other or something.. :D:tongue:

Well in all honestly. theres not really that much support on this board in the first place. i mean.. the biggest meet up i ever saw was like.. 15 or so people. usually you get like 3 or 4 at most people going to events from here. but i guess if everyone tells somone.. that could work.

The board is very factioned. Some CP folk are trance-only, some are house-only, some people just live at a club or a certain night... Very few people on this board move about from one type of event to another....also, some of yas just don't introduce yourselves! :)

I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments. My $.02 is that it will not be easy to build Friday nights, but it is possible. For starters, they are walking up to the batters box with two strikes against them.

Strike ONE is Friday Night. Its just not a crazy big night out on the town. They seem to be all set w/ the Saturday party.

Strike TWO is the Location. It is off the main path. And, that combined with its past history of being a gay venue, and the successful Saturday party, might confuse people.

My answer to them is to stick with their house talent and concentrate on creating an "event". Much like they do at the Diplomat (which I hate). Maze needs to get an outside promotions person who can pack the place w/ celebrities on Friday nights and create a theme. With the celebrities, the people will follow. After 2-3 months of this, people will enjoy the club and keep coming back. Soon, celebrities will want to be there just to hang.

Hey, I'm not in the club business and I'm no expert. Its just a thought.

Originally posted by guyman1966

Maze needs to get an outside promotions person who can pack the place w/ celebrities on Friday nights and create a theme. With the celebrities, the people will follow. After 2-3 months of this, people will enjoy the club and keep coming back. Soon, celebrities will want to be there just to hang.

Oh shit, don't make me laugh like this man! Please, what is all that "celebrities" madness you are writing about...you mean...celebrities like...please, don't mean to jump at you...just throw me some names...when I read read the term "celebrities"...I'm thinking you want to be dancing alongside Britney and Justin...hum...local celebrities or international celebrities...sports, music...just what kind of celebrities would you like to party with???

I just find it so interesting that you would suggest celebrities would make a difference, please explain.

thanks

Funk :cool:

Originally posted by funketeer

Oh shit, don't make me laugh like this man! Please, what is all that "celebrities" madness you are writing about...you mean...celebrities like...please, don't mean to jump at you...just throw me some names...when I read read the term "celebrities"...I'm thinking you want to be dancing alongside Britney and Justin...hum...local celebrities or international celebrities...sports, music...just what kind of celebrities would you like to party with???

I just find it so interesting that you would suggest celebrities would make a difference, please explain.

thanks

I did say that "I’m no expert". So, please feel free to laugh. I often laugh at myself... anyway...

No, not Brittany or Justin (but maybe). Actors and athletes are always heading down this way for vacation (especially this time of year). People like the Williams sisters or Ms. Anna for tennis. Or Tiger! Many athletes live here for Tax reasons. Actors like Pitt, or Courtney Cox. You would be surprised how just a rumor that someone like this will be hanging out at a club can create a buzz.

Anyway, its just a crazy idea.

I did say that "I’m no expert". So, please feel free to laugh. I often laugh at myself... anyway...

No, not Brittany or Justin (but maybe). Actors and athletes are always heading down this way for vacation (especially this time of year). People like the Williams sisters or Ms. Anna for tennis. Or Tiger! Many athletes live here for Tax reasons. Actors like Pitt, or Courtney Cox. You would be surprised how just a rumor that someone like this will be hanging out at a club can create a buzz.

Anyway, its just a crazy idea.

I don't think celebrities cause a big enough buzz to make us locals come to a club. I mean, I see them at Space and whatever, but that's not why i'd go..

I think GM66 means, if the "celebrities" endorse the club (meaning, if they are spotted hanging there), then it'll help draw the tourists and even locals.

It's all about getting people talking ya know:eek:

Originally posted by lolahotass

I don't think celebrities cuz a big enough buzz to make us locals come to a club. I mean, I see them at Space and whatever, but that's not why i'd go..

I think GM66 means, if the "celebrities" endorse the club (meaning, if they are spotted hanging there), then it'll help draw the tourists and even locals.

It's all about getting people talking ya know:eek:

Exactly. And, even if the club is dead, but POD takes a pic of Tommy Lee hanging there, and that pic gets into Ocean Drive or People... Just create a buzz for 3 months and back it up with all the positive stuff I'm reading about the club (sound, drink prices, great staff) and it will grow.

The real club/music lovers like you all on this board will not give a shit about the celeb’s, but the Masses are Asses, and they will flock like sheep

Exactly. And, even if the club is dead, but POD takes a pic of Tommy Lee hanging there, and that pic gets into Ocean Drive or People... Just create a buzz for 3 months and back it up with all the positive stuff I'm reading about the club (sound, drink prices, great staff) and it will grow.

The real club/music lovers like you all on this board will not give a shit about the celeb’s, but the Masses are Asses, and they will flock like sheep

See, I knew what you were sayin' honey;)

Tommy Lee...uuuhhh...you mean...the drummer?

peace

Not all celebrities use 'planning professionals'...some may be driving around in their limo, and say 'I want to go there', and boom it happens. Such a thing could happen to Maze...but I wouldn't rest my plans on it. I still think Maze should get some well-known promoter to do a party there. DHM would work great upstairs, and for downstairs, why contact Balance and see if they would be willing to do a night there once or twice a month?

Originally posted by pod

Not all celebrities use 'planning professionals'...some may be driving around in their limo, and say 'I want to go there', and boom it happens. Such a thing could happen to Maze...but I wouldn't rest my plans on it. I still think Maze should get some well-known promoter to do a party there. DHM would work great upstairs, and for downstairs, why contact Balance and see if they would be willing to do a night there once or twice a month?

Yup...it would be very cool to have DHM upstairs...I think it's going to happen very soon.

peace

I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments. My $.02 is that it will not be easy to build Friday nights, but it is possible. For starters, they are walking up to the batters box with two strikes against them.

Strike ONE is Friday Night. Its just not a crazy big night out on the town. They seem to be all set w/ the Saturday party.

Strike TWO is the Location. It is off the main path. And, that combined with its past history of being a gay venue, and the successful Saturday party, might confuse people.

My answer to them is to stick with their house talent and concentrate on creating an "event". Much like they do at the Diplomat (which I hate). Maze needs to get an outside promotions person who can pack the place w/ celebrities on Friday nights and create a theme. With the celebrities, the people will follow. After 2-3 months of this, people will enjoy the club and keep coming back. Soon, celebrities will want to be there just to hang.

Celebrities? :laugh: