Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYE at Arc

Fantastic night!

Perhaps the best value in the city on this night, especially in light of all the complaints about the $100+ parties that happened elsewhere

Too bad it was cut short for me (at around 6 am), as a friend thought she had to leave early to catch a bus, but it turned out that her plans for the next morning were cancelled.

Before we went there, we tried to go into Centro-Fly first, since my friend had heard those DJ's before, but was not familiar with Saeed & Palash. But when we arrived, the line was ridiculously long! So right away we jumped into a cab and headed down to Hubert & Hudson. Less than 5 minutes in line there (at around 11 pm), though I heard it got worse later on. Seemed there were some Arc newbies there in line with us. They were startled when they overheard me say to another newbie "No alcohol, other than champagne". Then one of them asked "Is this a good club?" :laugh:

Also funny was how inside the "no" on the sign "There will be no alcoholic beverages served tonight" next to the cashier was covered up.

The arcade did get quite packed when it opened, but the main floor seemed to have enough space for everyone, even with the number of people there.

It was the first time I saw people in Arc who were all dressed up. But they all seemed to disappear by 4 am, and were replaced by the Arc regulars.

If there was anything to complain about, it was that main bar was chaotic, with all the people wanting (free) champagne, and only one person serving. Also, there were people hogging space at the bar - just get your drinks and go away! If you want another round, wait your turn for it! Don't stay there, sip your champagne there, and expect to get refills right away!

After we found out about the change of plans, we did afterhours at Filter 14. I wasn't feeling the music too much there. They ended at around 9 am.

I was one of the newbies too!! Was wearing a pair of gray jeans and a black diesel tshirt...or later on a black tank top with black diesel sneekers. was with a short blonde girl wearing a black shirt with A | X on the front of it

left about 9am

bern

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Thanks to the over 1300 people that partied their asses off at ARC.

Laine - was a great night!

Club had a great atmosphere. 99% of the "newbies" in their evening gowns were very chill people and really got into it. Was beautiful when i happened to be sitting on the speakers for a breather at around 5am(?) and Dark Beat came on to vibrate my insides :aright:

glad everyone had such a great time...

mikey - :eek:

i had a killer time! i posted a mini review on the arc board. i hope i see some of those new ppl return for acr saturdays in the future and support a great party.

it was soooo good to see everyone, especially the cpers who don't make it to arc quite as often as i do...

I arrived at 11:30, left at 8. I've NEVER been so consistently assaulted by such INTENSE, RELENTLESS, POUNDING beats the entire time I was at a party. I swear to god, they were trying to kill us- and we would have all died with smiles from ear to ear. Can't wait to get my hands on the DVD!

Originally posted by tastyt

I arrived at 11:30, left at 8. I've NEVER been so consistently assaulted by such INTENSE, RELENTLESS, POUNDING beats the entire time I was at a party. I swear to god, they were trying to kill us- and we would have all died with smiles from ear to ear. Can't wait to get my hands on the DVD!

OMG how did i miss you?!!! maybe cause i never actually got on the main floor. but i was definitely thinking of you because you were the one telling me s&p kicks ass and they did. :D

Originally posted by hotcheme

OMG how did i miss you?!!! maybe cause i never actually got on the main floor. but i was definitely thinking of you because you were the one telling me s&p kicks ass and they did. :D

I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU! But somebody had to spend all her time in VIP... hmmph... :mad:

Happy New Year sweetie! ;)

NYE @ Arc was definitely banging. Music was crazy from the beginning until the end. The Michael Jackson remix of Billy Jean was slammin:eek: Had an awesome time and met some new and old faces, the only complaint I do have is who was the idiot blowing that stupid fuckin horn all night long, that shit was uncalled for, what were u thinking:blown: Other than that definitely another night for the record books

Originally posted by tastyt

I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU! But somebody had to spend all her time in VIP... hmmph... :mad:

Happy New Year sweetie! ;)

yes it's been a bad habit lately.... i'll try and venture out next time for a little longer. and i was in the arcade for a while too. i had the new man with me so we were a bit removed from everything.

and VIC!!! i didn't know you were there!! i met sopa - he was realy cool. i wish i had gotten to see you.

Originally posted by hotcheme

yes it's been a bad habit lately.... i'll try and venture out next time for a little longer. and i was in the arcade for a while too. i had the new man with me so we were a bit removed from everything.

and VIC!!! i didn't know you were there!! i met sopa - he was realy cool. i wish i had gotten to see you.

i think i saw joeg there. i walked around seeing if i could find u guys. it was a last minute decision. i'm thinking of going on the 11th for jeff mills. and happy new years!!!

and i still hope the bucs make it in the nfc over the eagles :tongue:

A good time was had by all! A moderately-sized crew in effect... but i'll take quality over quantity any day! great seeing everyone. :D

I thought the set was mediocre overall. . . some good tracks but no real continuity. then again my musical tastes are not really in that genre. I still had lots of fun and bounced quite a bit and had a few Zen moments. . .

I CANT FUCKING WAIT for GOD aka JEFF MILLS on the 11th!!! :bounce:

So who will I see at '00' and Victor Dinaire this saturday?

;)

Originally posted by vicman

i think i saw joeg there. i walked around seeing if i could find u guys. it was a last minute decision. i'm thinking of going on the 11th for jeff mills. and happy new years!!!

and i still hope the bucs make it in the nfc over the eagles :tongue:

don't even start about the bucs.....