Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why did roxy fridays close?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I heard the peeps at Roxy (owners or whoever) didn't want to do a weekly thing and wanted to do more one offs with big name dj's...

And yea, I guess the promoters for the Roxy Fri party now moved over to Exit, but I am guessing that is wasn't by choice.

Originally posted by sdeelite

From what I heard the peeps at Roxy (owners or whoever) didn't want to do a weekly thing and wanted to do more one offs with big name dj's...

And yea, I guess the promoters for the Roxy Fri party now moved over to Exit, but I am guessing that is wasn't by choice.

Sdeelite, you are totally correct. I think Roxy's management made a mistake. In the end, Exit will be the Winner. Bob G will make it the number 1 club on Friday. Exit just signed Johnny Vicious. Look at the DJs Exit has for Friday. Vicious, Ojeda, Tsettos, Santana. Exit is now the place to be. Who would have thought that a month ago.

Originally posted by codica3

I wonder how the hip-hop party is gonna be.. I've been dying to hit up a hip-hop club for some time now with some of my boys from school who absolutely love it.. and Roxy is a beautiful venue.. I'll have to see about this. :D

Rutgers students who love hip hop?! Never!!!!

This whole hip hop night on a friday is going to confuse alot of people. I remember going to Platinum in New Brunswick on a thursday night, thinking that this one decent local DJ was spinning, and they had changed it to hip hop night... boy was that an interesting evening.

I tend to agree. I like hip/hop a lot. But I think I'm like, allergic to it in a club atmosphere or something. Not that I can't get into it, because I can. You'll always see me bopping my head or rapping along to the lyrics when I walk through a hip/hop room or something. But I just can't be in there for too long. I'm not a big fan of that kind of vibe. I don't know, I doubt I'm explaining well, but I just don't really like the whole 'hip/hop club scene'...whatever that means.

Originally posted by johnholmes

i think the only thing that blows is your corny self w/ your pictures of ur "idols" HOLLA!!!!

nigga what i give this party a month until a shooting,stabbing or riot breaks out

aww im touched that a lurker knows how 3 months ago i posted pictures of me with my apparent "idols." hateeeee on nigga.

attachment.php?s=&postid=912511

and yes, hip hop sucks.