Clubplanet Nightlife Community

partying in NYC

How many of you guys go up to NYC to party? The reason I ask is that I live on Long Island and I'm moving down to DC in a couple of months. What I'm going to miss the most is the club scene in NYC and I'm hoping for a great club scene in DC. But after reading through some of the messages on this board, I get the feeling that you guys look to going to NYC to hit the clubs. Is this so? I do hope DC has some great clubs where I can go dance my ass off.

:cool:

I used to flee to NY regularly - now that I've discovered some satisfactory spots after *much* searching (save for the loss of Buzz) I don't go as much. It's affordable to do it though, provided you have some sort of job. Chinatown buses are $20 round trip, and you can fly on USAir promotions specials for $90 trip air shuttle :) The board peeps go up now and again, and the roadtrips are always fun, albeit not always so successful lol (right Vic & Dee? hahahhaha)

Damn.. Lotsa NYC pplz are moving down to DC/VA lately.... I just moved here also from NYC but yet to even start looking for party spots.... But the first few weeks I was in DC, I went to NYC almost every weekend because there was a good party going on.. It's not a bad trip at all....

well its ok. dc is not ny and one just has to accept that, but its fine with me, i enjoy what the city and area has to offer both club wise and other stuff that are not club related which would be hard to find in nyc. roadtrips once in a while to get a good party like we used to have at buzz is now almost a requirement, but on the most part it just depends on what you like.

roadtrips can be stressfull at times. :D

The underground music scene in dc sucks now that buzz is gone.

You have FIVE-which plays cheezy loungy house and GLOW on saturdays-which has cheezy trance-unless someone is headlining like PVD or Dfuse. But dc is great if you like lounges, bars and top 40 dance clubs. Just got back from NYC for NYE and loved it!!!

It's worth a road trip if you want some intense clubbing-and good house music.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I used to flee to NY regularly - now that I've discovered some satisfactory spots after *much* searching (save for the loss of Buzz) I don't go as much. It's affordable to do it though, provided you have some sort of job. Chinatown buses are $20 round trip, and you can fly on USAir promotions specials for $90 trip air shuttle :) The board peeps go up now and again, and the roadtrips are always fun, albeit not always so successful lol (right Vic & Dee? hahahhaha)

hmm... i know youre not talking about Greyhound. There's a private owned travel company called Dragon Coach that offers fairly cheap bus transportation btwn Chinatown, DC and Chinatown, NYC daily. The only hitch is that you have to order tickets a few days in advance or online and the "special" rate only applies to certain departure times. otherwise they are pretty reliable. 4 to 5 hrs non stop each way.