Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I want to move to L.A.!!!!!

copahc

Help! I currently live in CT and I really need to get out of this place. I want to move to LA because I need a change. But first I need to find a job! Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can Apply? I'm looking for a chemical engineering/materials engineering position. I have some experience in nuclear propulsion and fluid systems. Any info on companies, or websites of companies I can apply to would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, pleeeeease help!

I need to start off in a new place :cool:

HELP HELP HELP :D

move to the valley, or orange county, or ventura country.

LA is freaking expensive!!!

And be prepared for the worst traffic you'll find anywhere...San Diego is a close second, it takes fucking 2 hours to get to a place I can normally get to in 15 min :mad:

Originally posted by copahc

Thanks poccnr

I'll pm you.

So where's a good place to live in the L.A. area? Something that won't cost me my life savings, but I also won't die in a drive by...

No problem....Don't know about a good place to live in LA as of yet... I'll let you know if I find anything. Got to be better than the boston rate...They are renting studio flats in the condos around my house here in Boston for $2500/ mo....

I will work the issue over the next few days, but off the top of my head try Northrope... they do alot of jet work out there. I'll see if I can get a few names in the industry in that regards, and forward you a few via PM. Give me until the end of the week. ;)

well there are cheap places it all depends on what you want to deal with.. I live in eagle rock/glassell park and that's a no no and if you do live there you should not pay over $500 for a 1 bed.. believe me.. you won't be able to walk outside after dark so I'm hoping to leave that area asap..

I've been looking at yahoo rentals.. for pasadena, glendale, burbank, west hollywood, hollywood (you can find some decent apts but hope you can handle the noise), north hollywood there are soo many places.. but start looking .. aparments.com is pretty bad.. they only show listings from some apt complexes and from an agency called west side rentals which you have to pay to view..

so hopefully you can find something.. just be forewarned that it's a shock and a major change.. I'm from the midwest so it was a complete shock.. but I'm loving the weather..

If you can't find a job I would recommend doing temp work just to keep up with the bills.. it's not bad and there are so many options to choose from....... so if you need anything let me know.. i am new the city but I'll try my hardest..

Originally posted by sassa

And be prepared for the worst traffic you'll find anywhere...San Diego is a close second, it takes fucking 2 hours to get to a place I can normally get to in 15 min :mad:

Uugh... sounds like a nightmare!

Thanks for all the help everybody!!!:D

I'll let you know if I find a job.