Clubplanet Nightlife Community

World New Years EVE :(

World sucked on New Year's Eve...I paid too much money to be in an empty club with only a hundred other people...Looking at a small TV monitor for the countdown sucked along with the fact that no confetti or balloon dropped at midnight...it felt like any other minute...Tiesto was the only good thing except for the fact that he played 2 madonna songs...Tiesto was good but not that good because he didn't really pump up the crowd....I am never buying any more ticketes from club planet and I suggest you all do the same because the description of the event was nothing true to what it actually was...save your money and do research elsewhere for tickets...

Originally posted by starshaped

I read on another board that after 12:30 the price dropped to $50.......Tiesto came on at 1.

I read on another board that Starshaped stayed home and cried all night 'cause he didn't get to go see Tiesto play Madonna songs on NYE :D

Nikkin - We were through this on another thread. Clubplanet only retails the tickets. They are in no way responsible for the planning, execution or hosting of the event. As DaVe said - if you buy concert tickets from Ticketmaster and the band you go to see sucks and your seat is broken, do you complain to ticketmaster? no - you complain to the event management.

Amateurs... jeez. If I have to explain how nightclubs are promoted and how ticket sales are run one more time I'm gonna scream....

Originally posted by nikkin418

World sucked on New Year's Eve...I paid too much money to be in an empty club with only a hundred other people...Looking at a small TV monitor for the countdown sucked along with the fact that no confetti or balloon dropped at midnight...it felt like any other minute...Tiesto was the only good thing except for the fact that he played 2 madonna songs...Tiesto was good but not that good because he didn't really pump up the crowd....I am never buying any more ticketes from club planet and I suggest you all do the same because the description of the event was nothing true to what it actually was...save your money and do research elsewhere for tickets...

I suggest that you never pay so much money for tickets to a venue like World. :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by roninmess

has anyone noticed its ALL newbies on CP who just registered late december or january that are complaining about cp?

Yes, because they all only found this site to buy NYE eve tickets and they're all amateurs that go clubbing once in a rare while and don't get how the industry works, or that promoters are shady, or that there's no guarantee of deliverance in this scene. Frankly it's getting a bit tired. That's why I hate NYE - all the dillholes that never go out otherwise infiltrate our venues, get stepped on and wonder why it's so packed, ask Jimmy Van M and Pete Tong to play hip hop... ok i'm gonna stop now... y'alls get the idea...

If you had done any research at all by posting on here and asking about NYE @ World you would have known not to go there. There were countless threads putting down World for NYE. So it is your fault. Next you should know.. stay away from World.

I'm shocked it wasn't packed, fukin shithole is in times square. Maybe they will go under. :D

Thats kinda like blaming ticket master if a concert sucks. Do some research before you bitch and complain...

Originally posted by xpander

Why blame Clubplanet? I really don't think they were the promoters who threw the party.

BLAME MANAGEMENT. :aright:

Yea WTF? Everyone said the club was gonna suck b/c of where it was. And many people said it was not worth the money, am I wrong? So, maybe you should blame yourself for not listening.. :idea:

Although I feel bad that your NYE sucked.. :(

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Yes, because they all only found this site to buy NYE eve tickets and they're all amateurs that go clubbing once in a rare while and don't get how the industry works, or that promoters are shady, or that there's no guarantee of deliverance in this scene. Frankly it's getting a bit tired. That's why I hate NYE - all the dillholes that never go out otherwise infiltrate our venues, get stepped on and wonder why it's so packed, ask Jimmy Van M and Pete Tong to play hip hop... ok i'm gonna stop now... y'alls get the idea...

"Amateurs"

"Infiltrate our venues"

are you kidding?

Originally posted by zeeker

"Amateurs"

"Infiltrate our venues"

are you kidding?

No. I'm 100% serious. I find it annoying. I'm talking about the thousands of people who either never go out or go out solely to bars and the movies, and then for one night of the year go out and decide to make it "special" by coming to the venues that all of us are regulars at, even though they have *no* appreciation for the music, the scene, etc. and no intention of further supporting it. Then, they come on here afterwards and bitch about the experience -waaagh waaagh waaagh :cry: fuuuuuuck that!

Topnotch - I'm sure the man's race has nothing to do with his ability to perform at the job. That's called racism, the word nigger is offensive, and I know you're trying to be cool and all, but really, that's not the way to go about it. pt - you're still a promoter and he's managing a club - what does that tell you? hmmmmm. Please stop hating, no one's impressed. :blank: (end of argument here, I can't waste my breath any further debating the merits of people as individuals - it's something you should know already).

There seem to have been a good number of other places that charged similar prices (if not more), and got similarly bad reviews.

Whoever put on those events should be the ones to blame.

If you're a Tiesto fan and haven't seen him before, come on a "regular" Tiesto night, when the prices are more affordable for the die-hard (and there are many of them) Tiesto fans to come out.

I think the World is ok as a venue, but hopefully his next time will be back at Roxy, or even Exit will do for me.

Less BS, especially of the NYE kind, too

He probably didn't see his usual NYC fans, and as a result probably wasn't feeling things as well.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

No. I'm 100% serious. I find it annoying. I'm talking about the thousands of people who either never go out or go out solely to bars and the movies, and then for one night of the year go out and decide to make it "special" by coming to the venues that all of us are regulars at, even though they have *no* appreciation for the music, the scene, etc. and no intention of further supporting it. Then, they come on here afterwards and bitch about the experience -waaagh waaagh waaagh :cry: fuuuuuuck that!

so, let them bitch. If they had a bad time, why is it wrong for them to bitch about it? People on this board bitch like it's their fucking job. Oh, but 'our' bitching is more educated. CP people bitch about more intelligent things like whether a DJ uses CDs or records, or how so and so DJ's mixing skills are slipping, or how certain club's sounds systems suck, or how there are too many meatheads in this club, or too many Asians in that club, blah blah. Those are 'profesional' clubber's opinions right? These people, who you think of as 'amateurs' and not deserving of 'our' club space, may have a point. They're not out every night, they're not used to all the shit that goes on inside clubs. They don't automatically assume that's the way shit is. And maybe they have an excellent point. That shit shouldn't be all fucked up like it is, and that all the obvious shit that 'cool and educated' people like 'us' are used to, should maybe be taken care of. Maybe a lot of the people who showed up at The World on NYE didn't even know who Tiesto was. But at the same time, regardless of whether they 'appreciated' his music or not, they were there for the same reason that even the biggest die-hard Tiesto fan was there for...to be with friends, hear some good music, drink, dance or whatever people do on NYE in NYC. I don't see how the 'uneducated, unappreciative' people you speak of have any less right to criticize and complain about how a night went wrong. Because, for every 1 'amateur' who complains, I'm sure there are 100 that had a fucking blast last week. Then again, they really had no right to have a good time...I mean, afterall, they're infiltrating our club space, and they don't even know who Saeed and Palash and Tiesto are for god sakes. What were they even thinking trying to come into 'our' clubs for NYE, right? Wrong.

saw alot of first timers at Saeed and Palash at ARC on NYE....i guess one of the reasons was the cost was kept very low. But whatever the reason was, these people were dancing and having such a good time. And i got to chat with some of em...all very cool. Some of them even lasted until closing. Bottom line, we all started clubbing at one time or another.....there was a day where you were the newbie too.....treat others how you want to be treated. I made some new friends and invited them all out to howells next month...

-Joe

so, let them bitch. If they had a bad time, why is it wrong for them to bitch about it? People on this board bitch like it's their fucking job. Oh, but 'our' bitching is more educated. CP people bitch about more intelligent things like whether a DJ uses CDs or records, or how so and so DJ's mixing skills are slipping, or how certain club's sounds systems suck, or how there are too many meatheads in this club, or too many Asians in that club, blah blah. Those are 'profesional' clubber's opinions right? These people, who you think of as 'amateurs' and not deserving of 'our' club space, may have a point. They're not out every night, they're not used to all the shit that goes on inside clubs. They don't automatically assume that's the way shit is. And maybe they have an excellent point. That shit shouldn't be all fucked up like it is, and that all the obvious shit that 'cool and educated' people like 'us' are used to, should maybe be taken care of. Maybe a lot of the people who showed up at The World on NYE didn't even know who Tiesto was. But at the same time, regardless of whether they 'appreciated' his music or not, they were there for the same reason that even the biggest die-hard Tiesto fan was there for...to be with friends, hear some good music, drink, dance or whatever people do on NYE in NYC. I don't see how the 'uneducated, unappreciative' people you speak of have any less right to criticize and complain about how a night went wrong. Because, for every 1 'amateur' who complains, I'm sure there are 100 that had a fucking blast last week. Then again, they really had no right to have a good time...I mean, afterall, they're infiltrating our club space, and they don't even know who Saeed and Palash and Tiesto are for god sakes. What were they even thinking trying to come into 'our' clubs for NYE, right? Wrong.

yes, sarcasm. hard to believe I know.

No I just can't tell with you sometimes.. because you just write something and I dunno how to read it sometimes.

Is it safe to say to regard the majority of your comments as sarcastic?

I won't deny that you're correct about the usual clubbers bitching as well - and honestly, that irritates just as much most of the time (although sometimes there are exceptions where I feel it's justified). What bothers me about the "amateurs" I mentioned is that their bitching is misdirected and entirely based on a foundation of cluelessness that ends up hurting the scene instead of helping it. To say:

"Arc needs to tweak their sound system" is constructive criticism that the club should maybe take heed of.

To say: "Arc blows ass" is not constructive and leaves no room for the club administration to interpret it and fix the problems.

To say: "I had a shitty at time at Arc therefore clubplanet is not getting my business, Arc is not getting my business and I'll ensure it's the same for my friends" may or may not be constructive but it is also DESTRUCTIVE because it chokes off the possibility of future business --> revenue from people who may have otherwise gone out or used these avenues to go out. That means less support for the venues and for the businesses associated with them, all of which are integral parts of the scene, esp. with regards to a business like clubplanet that plays an important role in getting the word out to the clubbing community on the whole about events and whatnot that require support to continue.

Granted, much of the owness is on the promoters and venue staff for failing to provide what they promise, but for these random newbies to blame everything on clubplanet and discourage their friends from attending venues that are likely regularly run by other groups and from frequenting sites that had nothing to do with the administration of the party - does nothing to help our cause, and so ...

These people are NOT welcome in my eyes.

If they wanted to come on here and ask "hey, wtf?? whose fault is this and how can i get some reparation?" - I'd be happy to deal with them. But after post # 677 about how clubplanet and such and such venue (niether of which are responsible for the planning and veritous advertising of the event 90% of the time) are never getting the business of a poster's acquaintances I'm starting to get fed up.

Amateurs on the whole are fine if they're actually going to be positive, let slide the bad experiences where possible and become a valuable part of the scene. Where they're not, I'll ask them to please find the door and mind not to let it hit them in the ass on the way out.