Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Window....on 12th...(U Can see inside TUNNEL)

ok, so im driving down 27th, st cutting over to get on the westside hwy.....and i drive past the tunnel.....

im with a friend of mine, who is from La, and never went there, so i pointed it out to her, and told her how Massive the club was, and how much fun n shit i had there when Jr did his thing there...

WELL....as im turning right onto the west side, i look to my right and there's this HUGE ass window, in the building facing out towards 12th ave(west side hwy) and inside the window is what was once the Bar area, and Behind that the LONG ASS Dance floor

im not kidding....completly empty...But u could still tell it was the TUNNEL!!!.....

anyone else see this?

its crazy to be able to see inside the place, WHY THE HELL did they put a HUGe ass window there....i couldnt see a club being in there now.....id love to see what became of the fuzzy room....

anyone else notice this?

No. I haven't been that way in a looong time. What are they doing to it ???????????? :( If they put a big window there I doubt they would make it into another club. I would say either a restaurant or a store :(. Wow, that sux!!

Not to be a rumor whore, and maybe piss some people off...

BUT!!

some company came in, and ripped it apart to make it a BanQuet Hall.....and than LEFT, they apparently are not happy with something, or who knows but they are currently Trying to get out of there LEASE..and the former owner who "never wanted a club there again" is selling the building......

so who knows?

Maybe......theres lots of people that would KILL for the space...

u should go by, its Freaky, a big old window...n than the Main part of the club....

it's such a shame, SUCH A Catastrophe~! . . .VIVA Tunnel~! I haven't been on CP in a LONG time. . .how u been Deb? I was thinking of goin out this weekend since I haven't been out since DT @ Arc like 3 frickin months ago. . .I was gonna hit up Nero & Johnny Vicious @ Exit Friday or Jeff Mills @ Arc Saturday. . .Gotta see how LARGE my paycheck is. . .Email me if u get a chance Deb and maybe we can meet up. . .PoRqPiNe40@aol.com

Originally posted by jaysea

WELL....as im turning right onto the west side, i look to my right and there's this HUGE ass window, in the building facing out towards 12th ave(west side hwy) and inside the window is what was once the Bar area, and Behind that the LONG ASS Dance floor

im not kidding....completly empty...But u could still tell it was the TUNNEL!!!.....

anyone else see this?

its crazy to be able to see inside the place, WHY THE HELL did they put a HUGe ass window there....i couldnt see a club being in there now.....id love to see what became of the fuzzy room....

anyone else notice this?

I fif notice this, I wasn't sure what is was. I just drove past it though. One day I stop check it out.

vin-e

Originally posted by MikeMc

it's such a shame, SUCH A Catastrophe~! . . .VIVA Tunnel~! I haven't been on CP in a LONG time. . .how u been Deb? I was thinking of goin out this weekend since I haven't been out since DT @ Arc like 3 frickin months ago. . .I was gonna hit up Nero & Johnny Vicious @ Exit Friday or Jeff Mills @ Arc Saturday. . .Gotta see how LARGE my paycheck is. . .Email me if u get a chance Deb and maybe we can meet up. . .PoRqPiNe40@aol.com

MiKe, wow, It's been a while huh? Yeah I'll be there this friday, probably show up with the normal gang; Larry, Bugout, Cody and possibly Rob. I'll see you there. It should be really good, I can't wait.

PS. Zeeker- STFU! :tongue:

I gotta go check that, just to see it again. I would love to be able to go in it again and just walk around...that club was MASSIVE. I never went much, but I loved going once in a while just to be there in that space...that's when the Kurfew party used to be GOOD, and the main floor was always crazy with the stage performances, the strobes and those cages... :(

I gotta go check it out just to reminisce a lil. :)

Oh, and The Tunnel was the first city club I had ever gone to, I'm from LI. And omg, it was amazing...I couldn't believe it, I had probably just turned 18. I didn't think clubs like that even existed..lol. It opened a whole new world for me which to this day, I'm lovin. :) The fuzzy room...damn...it was always so hot in there but the eye candy was just great.. lol.

Those cages were FUN!!!!

all fucked up, in big ass platroms, rocking the cages back n forth, i remember one night......this going back to like 95-7 ish?

we tipped 1 of them over, and were charging a buck to sit in it, as we pushed it up n down the dance floor at like 10am.....and all these kids Thought it wa sa ride a GreatAdventure!

hahah, Fucking drugs....LOL

i miss the fuzzy room!.....Dancing to madonna, and than going up-stairs to meet the Coke Dealer.....and railing balls of coke....

OH!! The 90's were so much fun!!

Danny...........spinning........

or JR'.....and me in the Silver BEdroom.....

or the first time i ever meet Madonna Was At Tunnel....89...

i was Walking up while she was walking down, n i was like..

"want a bump" LOL

that would never happen in Ny today......

Things change....