Clubplanet Nightlife Community

do black people like Cox more than tiesto!?

funluvin

Originally posted by ivehadit

i dont think black people like techno very much. don't get all nutty, people, it's true. it's more of an 'asian thing'

from what i've seen it looks more like Asians are into Trance and Europeans are into Techno...

not that you need to pigeonhole anyone into any specific genre. all kinds of people like all kinds of music.

i dont think black people like techno very much. don't get all nutty, people, it's true. it's more of an 'asian thing'

You are *officially* the most ignorant person on this board. and that is saying a lot.

TECHNO was started by 3 BLACK men. Kevin SAUNDERSON, Juan ATKINS and Derrick MAY. The whole thing started with middle class black youth in detroit. get clue and learn the history.

oh and you might want to try and NOT be a racist fuckhead.

:blank:

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

You are *officially* the most ignorant person on this board. and that is saying a lot.

TECHNO was started by 3 BLACK men. Kevin SAUNDERSON, Jaun ATKINS and Derrick MAY. The whole thing started with middle class black youth in detroit. get clue and learn the history.

oh and you might want to try and NOT be a racist fuckhead.

:blank:

I hate this thread... But I just learned something...

Thanks Lav!!!

i'm talking statistics, not racism. racism is making assumpotions or perpetuating negativity based on race. i made a statistical observation. that's ll. how many black people have you seen at raves?

people are so concerned about being 'pc'--i swear.

and for the record--starcapone is the most ignorant person on the board.

it's just an observation. I've gone to at least 50 techno parties in NYC and I don't see black people. That's all I'm saying.

Like looking at a bunch of apples and saying 'hey--they aren't any oranges'.

Doesn that mean I'm prejudiced agianst the oranges? I didnt' say 'godamm those fucking oranges'.

stop trying to create drama.

i dont think black people like techno very much.

TECHNO was started by 3 BLACK men. Kevin SAUNDERSON, Juan ATKINS and Derrick MAY. The whole thing started with middle class black youth in detroit.

TECHNO was started by 3 BLACK men. Kevin SAUNDERSON, Juan ATKINS and Derrick MAY. The whole thing started with middle class black youth in detroit.

ahhhh..this is pretty funny.

i think its safe to say that electronic music events in NYC are generally under-attended by people of color (as compared to other types of music events in this city)

having said that, listen to Lav - she's 100% right and NYC isn't a microcosim of the world of techno...who's been out in Detroit or attended their giant techno festival for example?

or better yet been to Europe where music appreciation seems to have fewer gender / race boundaries than here.

i'm talking statistics, not racism. racism is making assumpotions or perpetuating negativity based on race. i made a statistical observation. that's ll. how many black people have you seen at raves?

people are so concerned about being 'pc'--i swear.

and for the record--starcapone is the most ignorant person on the board.

Dude, are you fucking kidding me? You MADE AN ASSUMTION. You THINK that the majority of black kids dislike techno because YOU DON'T SEE THEM IN RAVES!

Let's come up with another half-assed assumption and assume that alot of white kids don't listen to rap because we don't see them in rap clubs.

VOMIT! Get a life!

-iliana

;)

Originally posted by iliana

Dude, are you fucking kidding me? You MADE AN ASSUMTION. You THINK that the majority of black kids dislike techno because YOU DON'T SEE THEM IN RAVES!

Let's come up with another half-assed assumption and assume that alot of white kids don't listen to rap because we don't see them in rap clubs.

VOMIT! Get a life!

-iliana

;)

:laugh: :laugh: I couldn't agree more!