Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think trance is making a comeback?

georgeacasta2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mjm420

no i answered

NO i don't get fucked up when i go out.....

& i never said i don't drink...... so don't write something that wasn't said... now back to my original question... it seems its so hard to answer.... let me ask again...

sunnyhost... what do u think about people who dance with lights or with glowsticks.... its not that hard...

& apparently u like to got out & drink like a fish so sunny says so that would make u a drunk..... or better yet an alcoholic...

AND WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF PRIEST? WHY DON'T YOU RELAX A BIT. :tongue:

i'm going along with the topic.....& conversation

i just would like to know what u or sunnyhost think about people who dance with glowsticks or lights... i think 4 or 5 times that question has been asked shouldn't take this long to answer..

i just want to get somefeed back that's all... but it seems like every time a reply is sent the question at hand is avoided.... makes u wonder if drinking is the only thing u guys do...

could possibly make U a part of the 90%..... just want some feed back that's all.

no i'm not a priest.. but good one he!he!

everybody has thier own way of having a good time that's understandable & respectable...

i just would like to know what u or sunnyhost think about people who dance with glowsticks or lights... i think 4 or 5 times that question has been asked shouldn't take this long to answer..

doesnt bother me none...when i first tried "party favors" i loved the lights...but i soon left them...i dont mind seeing a nice light show....just keep them away from my face...at a distance is cool under any state of mind....just not in my face...happy???

I'll like to take a moment to interpret what I read so far ...

It is undisputed the importance that trance had on the establishment of dance electronic music... in its beginning ... trance is all we had ... it is how we learned to love and appreciate electronic music in a larger scale ...

the popularity of drugs like xtc started in the late eighties and early nineties ... being trance the medium of music ... clubbers got the inmediate association of trance and xtc ...

the producers of the early trance tracks took into consideration the "feeling" their clubbers went thru in their clubbing nite experience ... the bpms and ups and downs of the tracks seemed to maximize the efects on the clubber ...

progressive house took over the mainframe of electronic music by bringing in a more sounds into the structure ... the different sounds interacting at the same time created a new effect on the clubbers "head" ... the need of high energy bpm was indeed reduced ...

in this process ... trance saw its number of followers reduced ... a new sound that brought optimal effects ... more of a journey ... instead of a constant high peak of corporal extassy as trance did ...

the fact that proggy still plays with your brain as trance does ... has kept the use of xtc in clubs ... the base of clubbers has grown ... the old school trance heads that turned into proggy don't need xtc no more to understand what they felt ... the flashback is inmediate ... alcohol is enough ... the need to "roll" is occasional ...

new sounds have started to evolve ... sounds that incorporate in a minimum amount the need of a track to attack the "mind" ... sounds that are meant to play with your body as oppossed to your brain ... the source is tribal and breaks ... is rythms ... their problem ... they are monotonous for a whole nite...

mixing proggy and breaks frees the mind and allows to play with the body ... the new genres of music .. and their producers ... take this into account ... that is the new direction of dance music ... it is still in the shades ... but it is growing thru exposure ...

As GA2 said ... deep house doesn't need a chemical stimulant to get you going ... it's not an adrenalin rush ... it is a fun time with rythms ... vocals ... and the only legal drug that maximizes club owners pockets ... alcohol

there is a bridge between deep house and the proggy sounds of house ... and that bridge still gives you a faster bpm than deep house ... but its mainframe isn't adrenalin oriented like trance and its successor proggy ... the grow of this new sound will swallow in an inversely proportional manner ... the followers of trance ... think of trance being in the far right ... deep house in the far left ... proggy in between both ... techy and funky house in between deep and proggy ... the boundary between proggy and funk house is clear ... the first still needs to play with your head ... the latter only with your body ...

I don't need to convince anyone ... just think about it ... music evolves ...

:hat:

i'm going along with the topic.....& conversation

i just want to get somefeed back that's all... but it seems like every time a reply is sent the question at hand is avoided.... makes u wonder if drinking is the only thing u guys do...

could possibly make U a part of the 90%..... just want some feed back that's all.

no i'm not a priest.. but good one he!he!

everybody has thier own way of having a good time that's understandable & respectable...

I NEVER ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION CAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WERE ASKING SUNNYHOST. :tongue: I DON'T MIND LIGHTS OR GLOWSICKS.

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

doesnt bother me none...when i first tried "party favors" i loved the lights...but i soon left them...i dont mind seeing a nice light show....just keep them away from my face...at a distance is cool under any state of mind....just not in my face...happy???

What are party favors ??:tongue: you better appreciate my damn light shows.. :D it’s hard work ...:laugh:

Originally posted by sobeton

What are party favors ??:tongue: you better appreciate my damn light shows.. :D it’s hard work ...:laugh:

I ONLY LIKE YOUR LIGHT SHOWS HONEY! ;)

BTW, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU OUT LATELY... WELL, I MISSED NYE AT SPACE. ARE YOU COMING OUT TO OXYGEN ON FRIDAY? :tongue:

anyways.... i think we got off topic.....

how u enjoy the music is your choice.....

whether if u r....

drunk/ high/ rolling/ snorting/ G/ K....

its your choice on how u enjoy it...... nobody can take that away from u..... & if somebody doen's like how u enjoy the music... who cares... u listen 2 it with your ears not with the other persons ear...

fuck it enjoy it as much as u can.....

sobeton... u r right..... the lightshows are hard work....... but it's not that hard..... just got to get a feel for the music that's all... anybody can use the lights... some better than others.... it's all in how u move the lights that give it the affect......piece of cake....

i plead the 5th on the "party favor" comment...:tongue: ...i do enjoy the light show....FROM A DISTANCE:tongue: ....just dont put em in my face or swing them back n forth on both sides of my face so it looks like i am in a long light tunnel....:puke:

stogie what's dude.... very true about the lights....

my new set up is off the chain.. i think u've seen them as well as everybody else who has been at space the times i've been there... if not they'll be there again this weekend....

STOGIEY i'll call u later with the guest info....

stogie what's dude.... very true about the lights....

my new set up is off the chain.. i think u've seen them as well as everybody else who has been at space the times i've been there... if not they'll be there again this weekend....

STOGIEY i'll call u later with the guest info....

SINCE YOU CALLED SOMEONE AN ALCOHOLIC HERE EARLIER, SAID THAT EVERYONE AT SPACE IS ON DRUGS, AND USE LIGHTS....I GUESS IT'S SAFE TO ASSUME YOUR ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE AT SPACE ON DRUGS. :D

IT'S ALL GOOD....;)

Originally posted by meli2444

I ONLY LIKE YOUR LIGHT SHOWS HONEY! ;)

BTW, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU OUT LATELY... WELL, I MISSED NYE AT SPACE. ARE YOU COMING OUT TO OXYGEN ON FRIDAY? :tongue:

:cool::) your so sweet ! :tongue: been lying low… but I’ll be at Oxygen on Friday. But please I can’t bear to see Jesse dance to hip hop… :eek::laugh: :laugh::

sorry mrmatas it was just something i wanted to get a response from sunnyhost.... & the thank u wasn't for u it was for mele..

Sheesh what did u want? Instant reponse??? Sorry dude, I was busy and didn't feel like giving u the satisfaction of a reply right away to be quite honest with you. Like a lot of people (not all!) I went through the whole glowstick phase too. I don't care for them much at all these days for my own use to tell you the truth, but if other people like them...who cares??? Let them b happy. Like Matas said, some of the "shows" r pretty cool...as long the people with them don't come up and put them in my face it's all good.

There, answered. Happy now?

Oh and FYI, I'm not a drunk or alcoholic like u tried to brand me...don't go around talking shit focker.

:cool::) your so sweet ! :tongue: been lying low… but I’ll be at Oxygen on Friday. But please I can’t bear to see Jesse dance to hip hop… :eek::laugh: :laugh::

I'LL KEEP HIM STANDING AT THE BAR AS LONG AS YOU DANCE WITH ME. I NEED SOMEONE TO DANCE WITH. I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ONLY ONE ON THE FLOOR WHEN I DECIDE TO FALL. I GOTTA TAKE SOMEONE DOWN WITH ME. :laugh:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

damn!!!! what would Sister Mary say if she heard that potty mouth young lady?:laugh:

Rats, and here I was hoping that getting rid of your worn out "catholic school" jokes would be one of your 2003 resolutions:rolleyes: :tongue:

P.S: u always have to bring ur obsession w/ "potty" into it somehow huh?!?!:tongue::laugh:

Originally posted by sunnyhost

Sheesh what did u want? Instant reponse??? Sorry dude, I was busy and didn't feel like giving u the satisfaction of a reply right away to be quite honest with you. Like a lot of people (not all!) I went through the whole glowstick phase too. I don't care for them much at all these days for my own use to tell you the truth, but if other people like them...who cares??? Let them b happy. Like Matas said, some of the "shows" r pretty cool...as long the people with them don't come up and put them in my face it's all good.

There, answered. Happy now?

Oh and FYI, I'm not a drunk or alcoholic like u tried to brand me...don't go around talking shit focker.

oh what?

mjm420, You've been:

attachment.php?s=&postid=1218352

Originally posted by vipnerd

I'll like to take a moment to interpret what I read so far ...

It is undisputed the importance that trance had on the establishment of dance electronic music... in its beginning ... trance is all we had ... it is how we learned to love and appreciate electronic music in a larger scale ...

the popularity of drugs like xtc started in the late eighties and early nineties ... being trance the medium of music ... clubbers got the inmediate association of trance and xtc ...

the producers of the early trance tracks took into consideration the "feeling" their clubbers went thru in their clubbing nite experience ... the bpms and ups and downs of the tracks seemed to maximize the efects on the clubber ...

progressive house took over the mainframe of electronic music by bringing in a more sounds into the structure ... the different sounds interacting at the same time created a new effect on the clubbers "head" ... the need of high energy bpm was indeed reduced ...

in this process ... trance saw its number of followers reduced ... a new sound that brought optimal effects ... more of a journey ... instead of a constant high peak of corporal extassy as trance did ...

the fact that proggy still plays with your brain as trance does ... has kept the use of xtc in clubs ... the base of clubbers has grown ... the old school trance heads that turned into proggy don't need xtc no more to understand what they felt ... the flashback is inmediate ... alcohol is enough ... the need to "roll" is occasional ...

new sounds have started to evolve ... sounds that incorporate in a minimum amount the need of a track to attack the "mind" ... sounds that are meant to play with your body as oppossed to your brain ... the source is tribal and breaks ... is rythms ... their problem ... they are monotonous for a whole nite...

mixing proggy and breaks frees the mind and allows to play with the body ... the new genres of music .. and their producers ... take this into account ... that is the new direction of dance music ... it is still in the shades ... but it is growing thru exposure ...

As GA2 said ... deep house doesn't need a chemical stimulant to get you going ... it's not an adrenalin rush ... it is a fun time with rythms ... vocals ... and the only legal drug that maximizes club owners pockets ... alcohol

there is a bridge between deep house and the proggy sounds of house ... and that bridge still gives you a faster bpm than deep house ... but its mainframe isn't adrenalin oriented like trance and its successor proggy ... the grow of this new sound will swallow in an inversely proportional manner ... the followers of trance ... think of trance being in the far right ... deep house in the far left ... proggy in between both ... techy and funky house in between deep and proggy ... the boundary between proggy and funk house is clear ... the first still needs to play with your head ... the latter only with your body ...

I don't need to convince anyone ... just think about it ... music evolves ...

Forgot to mention the perfect example for us living in S.Fl ... this is exactly what Deep Dish was trying to do at Space ... some of us hated it ... some of us loved it ... in any transition period that is normal ... but the evolution of electronic music is not only inevitable ... it already started ...

As to glow styx ... weeks ago I brought the attention of the sunglasses at clubs ... tried to link it with glow styx ... it's an acknowledgement of the behind the scenes inducer to both accessories ... not all electronic music needs drugs as its influence ... it's not only healthier to the body ... it is indeed a more legal mainframe altogether ... drug induced sounds will always have government offices on their @$$e$ ... and generate less revenue to the clubs ...

As far as I have been told ... xtc has taken a huge blow by gov't offices in the past year ... the lack of supply has also affected the club scene ... not as much as the economy or the lack of tourists ... but has paid its dues on the crowds ...

it will take time for friendlier sounds to take over ... they will be on the cutting edge of music to start ... but the same way proggy evolved... friendlier beats will evolve ... it is inevitable ...