Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acid(lsd)

weed247

OH FUCK!!!

How did I miss this one...

OK where to start!

There is no fucking strichtnine in acid... ever! Period. Its a fucking myth.

It is totally out of your system in less than a day. Period! (the compound anyways, but your brain can still be reacting to it for longer at extreemly high doses.) the whole spinal fluid crap is false too.

There is no difference between liquid, gelltabs, or blotter hits. It as starts as liquid (or rarely a crystal), but can then be put on paper (dipped) or into gel tabs (by adding gelatin) but its all the same thing. Just some acid is stronger than other acid. The whole clean trip crap is simply that you can react differently to the same drug at different times. Try giving a friend what you think is dirty acid but tell him how clean it is before the trip and see what happens.

(btw same with smacky E or speedy E!)

Any intense experience can cause permanant changes in your brain, combat, sexual assault, or an acid trip. And sometimes these experences can be relived (aka flashback) it is not the drug, it is basically post traumatic stress.

Seeing patterns in carpets or wallpaper or whatever happens to many people and is related (but not directly) to how much and how often they took it. Trip very hard, very often and you are more likely to experience this. Pot often trggers this too. It is thought to be your brain making connections (aka paterns) in almost the same way a hunter can see a deer in the forest that someone else may not. This usually goes away in time.

hippy flippin is shrooms and E

Candy flippin or trolling is acid and E (btw tripping + rolling = trolling most comonly called in florida)

Your best defense for a bad trip is knowledge.. knowing that many people feel their trip will never end, or time is looping, or their heart has stoped, etc.. usually stops you from thinking those thoughts, or if you do, allows you to dismiss them for what they are.

Shrooms and Acid are both very similar in effects, simply acid lasts longer, and is easier to dose (one drop, one gell etc.) than shrooms. But shrooms often cause a little nausea, and has more natural visuals (not as many skulls and shit)

Acid and E cause very few bad experiences compared to acid alone. With acid its easy to start thinking about stupid shit and not stop.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My woman and I used to (unfortunately) do either acid or shrooms almost every weekend when I lived in the city back in '97. (or was it '98? Who cares?) The only bad trip I ever had was on shrooms. I know it's supposed to be the other way around. I think it has to do with where you are mentally at the time. If you're depressed for any reason, you should probably not trip until things turn around in your life. If you start to think about the reasons that you're depressed while you're tripping, you may start to focus on it and really give yourself a bad one. That's what happened to me, anyway. I think the main criteria are- a cozy environment; people that you know and are very comfortable with; some weed to compliment things!

Just thought this bit of info was interesting.

ADULTERANTS:

Several problems are associated with street drugs: their unknown purity and their unknown strength. Because of its extreme cheapness and potency, the purity of LSD in blotter form is not an issue: either it's lsd or untreated paper. The purity of powders, pills, and liquids cannot be assumed as safe. With regards to uncertain strength, the strength of hits these days is low, 100 micrograms or so. One should be careful and assume that the smallest square in a tiling of a sheet is a dose, even if a printed pattern covers several. An experienced person could judge the strength of a dose, and if it is assumed all doses on a sheet have been processed equivalently, those doses would be calibrated for others, much like anything else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From _Psychedelic Chemistry_ by M.V.Smith, 2nd edition p 5:

"There is a great deal of superstition regarding purification of psychedelics. Actually, any impurities which may be present as a result of synthetic procedures will almost certainly be without any effect on the trip. If there are 200 micrograms of LSD in a tablet, there could only be 200 mics of impurities present even if the LSD was originally only 50% pure (assuming nothing else has been added), and few compounds will produce a significant effect until a hundred to a thousand times this amount has been ingested. Even mescaline, which has a rather specific psychedelic effect, requires about a thousand thimes this amount."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that:

on a piece of paper, vs. a tablet, you can't even add significant amounts of adulterants

adulterants would cost, whereas blank paper will rip someone off just as well.

LSD itself has some "body-kinks" on some people some times. Nausea is one of them. its usually mild and transient. It also has speedlike (ie, adrenergic stimulation) effects, etc.

(It is common for the uninformed to harbor fears (e.g., about adulterants) instilled by ignorance and the current hysteria/propoganda. That's why this FAQ exists.)

[Referring to strychnine] 15 mg has been fatal, but a more typical fatal dose is on the order of 50mg. [Another post indicates 25 mg. as the LD50] 1 mg of strychnine orally probably has no observable pharmacological effects in a typical adult. [1 mg being ten times the effective dose of LSD, by the way.]

From: Handbook of Poisoning, 10th ed, R.H. Dreisbach, M.D., PhD, Lange Med. Pub. Co. Los Altos, Ca.: strychnine is lethal in 15-30 mg amounts to adult humans. (Pure nicotine is fatal at 40 mg./person; cyanide salts are fatal at about 100 mg./person) Strychnine causes death by respitory failure, via increased spinal reflex excitability.

Actually, I think the fact that PharmChem analyzed something on the order of 2,000 LSD samples between 1972 and 1979 and never found one with strychnine in it would be better. I'm going over all their data with a toothpick and I'll get back to you on exactly what I find. It looks like the percent of LSD with strychnine in it is, however, at least under .05%. More a little later.

According to Alexander Shulgin the difinitive answer is that strychnine is neither used in the synthesis, produced by the synthesis, or a possible contaminant of the synthesis. But just look at the structures of strychnine vs Lysergic acid/LSD/etc and you should be able to understand that readily.

From "The PharmChem Newsletter" (vol 3, no 3), 1973:

Summary of Street Drug Results - 1973: "Of 189 samples of LSD quantitatively analyzed, the average dose was 67.25ug LSD. Of the 32 samples of alleged mescaline actually containing mescaline, [...stuff about mescaline and mushrooms deleted...] It is interesting to note the low incidence of deception among the less sought after psychotomimetics LSD and PCP."

Most likely "good" acid is N-acetyl-LSD (ALD-52) [according to _Psychedelic Encyclopedia_ it produces a smoother trip and is somewhat commonly found in analysis -- references to the latter were provided]. while "speedy" acid is LSD-25. You might want to inform her that those "speedy" effects are also commonly reported side effects of legal drugs which effect the 5-HT neurotransmitter system. And ditto on the potency issue -- you'd need mg quantities of strychnine to feel anything. And what you would feel (according to descriptions I've read) does not match descriptions of LSD "speed" effects. Most significantly because strychnine muscular effects tend to fade in & out, while LSD "speed" effects are typically reported as being consistent -- and there are other qualitative differences.