Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakie, Van Dyke, Seb Fontaine, Fergie, Tall Paul

OK. I have been living in NY for 4 months and as a London clubber I am finding it difficult to know where to go for my clubbing kicks....we witnessed Oakie on Thanksgiving Eve at Exit which was possibly the best set I have ever heard, but where to go now? Does anyone have any suggestions? Or US DJs that play the same kinda stuff as these god-like DJ's....?:rolleyes::confused:

If you want Paul van Dyk, come to Roxy on Feb 21

He comes to NYC a few times a year. He used to play every 2 months before Twilo was shut down.

I think he takes Oakie to school.

If you don't mind not having alcohol, Arc is a good place to go, with events on Fridays, Saturdays, now Sundays (if you like deep house), and sometimes special events on weekdays. PVD once played there on a Monday!

Their mailing list might be of interest - check either madeevents.com or arcspace.net for info about that

There's something good going on every day of the week here in NYC. There are lots of places, so I hope you are able to check them all out.

Yeah, check these boards regularly to find out what's going on.

I know we did, he's absolutely BRILLIANT. We have been a fan of his music for years, jet lag however got the better of us, so to avoid sleeping on the dance floor (not cool) we stayed in! Do any of you listen to BBC Radio 1 online? If not you should, all those DJs play and you can go to the archive shows and listen to them. the site is www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 then go to Listen Live and you'll see all the shows listed on the right!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by lulatallulah

I know we did, he's absolutely BRILLIANT. We have been a fan of his music for years, jet lag however got the better of us, so to avoid sleeping on the dance floor (not cool) we stayed in! Do any of you listen to BBC Radio 1 online? If not you should, all those DJs play and you can go to the archive shows and listen to them. the site is www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 then go to Listen Live and you'll see all the shows listed on the right!:rolleyes:

there is a gatecrasher party next weekend - matt hardwick.

Originally posted by lulatallulah

OK. I have been living in NY for 4 months and as a London clubber I am finding it difficult to know where to go for my clubbing kicks....we witnessed Oakie on Thanksgiving Eve at Exit which was possibly the best set I have ever heard, but where to go now? Does anyone have any suggestions? Or US DJs that play the same kinda stuff as these god-like DJ's....?:rolleyes::confused:

Arc saturdays and Centro Fly thursdays

btw: what clubs were your fav's in london? Turnmills is my favorite...:grin:

The Cross on a Saturday night (Renaissance, Type, Serious). Turnmills is good, but they always pack far too many people in for my liking. I like some room to dance and to be able to get to the toliets in under 30 mins :)

We've been to Arc before but didn't like the venue. The sound system was really out of sync and the pale walls and wood floor reminded me of a school gym. May go to see Jules play there though.