Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MTV's Syrus @ Zooom Dance Lounge

makinmoves

This Thursday, MTV's Syrus Yarbrough of MTV Real World-Boston, Road Rules Challenge, & Battle of the Sexes will host WILD ON COLLEGE Thursday @ Zooom Dance Lounge in Metropolis. Syrus will be MC'ing, meeting and greeting, signing autographs, and giving away a free Spring Break Cancun vacation. Providing the beats of Hip-Hop, R&B, Top 40 dance will be Bobby Z of HOT 106.

Doors 10pm : 18+ : entrance @ Zooom Dance Lounge

Admission - $5 w/college id : $5 21+ : $10 under 21 no college id.

Zooom Dance Lounge

172 Pine St, Providence RI

401-454-LIVE

visit us on-line @ http://www.metropolisnightclub.com

Originally posted by kaydup

I am in no way shitting on your night here.

I just am throwing this out there. Who the fuck would want this guys autograph? Seriously, anyone????

I actually heard this dude was doing club promotions in South Beach. Could be a nice contact to make as we all prepare to head down there for WMC.

I know what you're saying though, but don't discount the value of JV-celebrities autographs. I vowed to start collecting these a couple of months ago when former teen idol Leif Garrett came to Newport with his terrible grunge rock back (yes, I actually went to see them, how could I not?). I made my girlfriend have him sign the flyer for the show...what, you think I'd get it myself, HELL NO! Gotta say, though, it's a priceless conversational piece of art. I may have to add ole Syrus to the collection now. ;)

Originally posted by groovefire

I actually heard this dude was doing club promotions in South Beach. Could be a nice contact to make as we all prepare to head down there for WMC.

I know what you're saying though, but don't discount the value of JV-celebrities autographs. I vowed to start collecting these a couple of months ago when former teen idol Leif Garrett came to Newport with his terrible grunge rock back (yes, I actually went to see them, how could I not?). I made my girlfriend have him sign the flyer for the show...what, you think I'd get it myself, HELL NO! Gotta say, though, it's a priceless conversational piece of art. I may have to add ole Syrus to the collection now. ;)

Don't do it bro. I mean this guy doesnt deserve to be doing autograph session. What a load

Don't do it bro. I mean this guy doesnt deserve to be doing autograph session. What a load

You’re telling me you don’t see any comedic or sarcastic value to this at all? You must not like the Anna Nicole show or Star Dates and such, huh?

You’re telling me you don’t see any comedic or sarcastic value to this at all? You must not like the Anna Nicole show or Star Dates and such, huh?

Nah, actually I love all that shit. I am voyer just like the rest of America.

I just don't want Syrus's autograph, and you don't either :shaky:

I will always treasure my picture of Tek and myself at Fat Tuesday's in Cancun.

I've never understood getting celebrity autographs from JV-celebs, except for comedic value. Case in point, I had Glen from the Tom Green show sign my palm pilot on Venice Beach one time. Now that's a conversation piece (I was on business... hence I had my palm pilot).

Star Dates rules.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I will always treasure my picture of Tek and myself at Fat Tuesday's in Cancun.

I've never understood getting celebrity autographs from JV-celebs, except for comedic value. Case in point, I had Glen from the Tom Green show sign my palm pilot on Venice Beach one time. Now that's a conversation piece (I was on business... hence I had my palm pilot).

Star Dates rules.

Frankly, you should only get someone's autograph for one of two reasons, whether it's Michael Jordon or Todd Hanna. One, because it is or will be worth money, or two, because your friends will think it's hilarious. If you're getting someone's autograph because you really 'like' the person and are a big fan, you're gay, and whoever it is you're waiting to meet should sign "LOSER" across your forehead.

Frankly, you should only get someone's autograph for one of two reasons, whether it's Michael Jordon or Todd Hanna. One, because it is or will be worth money, or two, because your friends will think it's hilarious. If you're getting someone's autograph because you really 'like' the person and are a big fan, you're gay, and whoever it is you're waiting to meet should sign "LOSER" across your forehead.

If you want I can help you become a special member of the hundreds that already have my autograph:D

Maybe friday I will autograph your last record played in Pravda;)

LOL actulaly i met syrus and Dan (the lumberjack guy that married Rachel) and they are pretty nice guys. This was a couple years ago but after their real world stint. but no.. i didnt ask nor would think of asking for their autograph.

now if eric nies walked by... :tongue: jk

in Avalon 2 weeks ago the guy from Boston who is on the recent Tough Enough show on MTV was there. I forget his name but anyways...he had a a damn bodyguard with him and i swear all these girls were asking him for autographs it was quite funny. and not for nothing but if your on tough enough and training to be a damn wrestler why the hell did he need a body guard with him in the club of all places lol

...jonah:tongue:..i've run into that guy just about every time i go to avalon it seems.

the funniest was when i was showing giving a few out of towners the club tour of boston, they where hating every minute of it, and suddenly jonah walks by, she's a huge wrestling fan i guess, she's so star struck she can't even talk for ten minutes much less go up and say hello...wack

Originally posted by djresident

...jonah:tongue:..i've run into that guy just about every time i go to avalon it seems.

the funniest was when i was showing giving a few out of towners the club tour of boston, they where hating every minute of it, and suddenly jonah walks by, she's a huge wrestling fan i guess, she's so star struck she can't even talk for ten minutes much less go up and say hello...wack

lol that IS funny...my friend was super excited to see him...ran up to him and talked to him and what not, she was tellin me to go with her and i was just in awe she even wanted to go talk to the cheeseball lol. i guess he is a nice guy and what not BUT still the girls askin for autographs is just hilarious in my opinion...

your a busy poster today dave lol

two words: fund accounting...lol

then i come home and nobody's home:( :( i'm lonely:hat:

awww :isok: im sure someone will be around to occupy your time lol...

now i have a question that may sound dumb.. and since noone is around really online ill ask you cuz i doubt youll make fun of me and you will honestly answer :)

what is the point of the headphones while spinnin a set...doesnt it just play what is being played on the system or what not..i am thinkin to block noise? but i honestly dont know and when i ask my friends they laugh at me :(

headphones are to listen to the next record (adjust levels, beatmatch..) and then during the mix to monitor the next tune.

I also like to listen to books on tape while some of my longer tracks are playing. I just can't get enough of that 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' series! :D

Yo syrus gets around.

He is at Tantra afterhours Sunday too.

yeah that's weird uuh...as someone once told me....they need hosts for afterhours now to??????

i'll actually be there in a couple of hours.....i heard Syrus is gona be freestylin or somethin to that affect.....i wonder how Tantra is gona be??????