Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where can I Record a DEMO CD???

OK I'm in a bit of a fix here -

I need to put together a demo before I move to Europe so that I can hopefully land myself some regular-type gigs at clubs near where I'll be living. Only problem is, I don't have any way to record my sets.

In DC, we had this place Metatrack Studios that offered DJ lessons, Production lessons and you could buy studio time to record demos.

Does anyone know if there's a place around Long Island or New York that offers something like Metatracks? Any help is hugely appreciated 'cause I have to get this done before I move!!

:)

I turned one of my bedrooms into a production studio, so I've got the gear to record a demo if you want: a pair of 1200s, dual cd player, 4-channel sampling mixer. The crossfader is a little scratchy, but you could bring your own mixer if you want. And I've got the software to insert track points so the cd isn't just one long track along with mastering software.

email me at dracos@subsurfaceproductions.com if you're interested

Originally posted by cesarleo

Didn't you just start DJ'ing.......I remember you posting about looking for tables.:confused:

I've been DJ'ing for longer than that. I started DJ'ing when I was down at school and I had access to a radio station studio where I would do my shows, and I went in there to spin a lot. I just moved back to NY for a while before going to Europe so I was looking for decks now that I'm no longer near the studio.

Bassboy - I'm moving to Florence, Italy for 5 months - and touring around Europe while I'm over there 'cause I've never been before :woah:

thanks everyone for your suggestions - Roha, I was thinking of installing all the stuff on my computer but my hard drive has only like 500 mg of space left on it and the average turtle runs faster... hence why I was hoping to find a studio. Heretic - I'll be in touch! Thanks!

any more? :tongue:

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

but my hard drive has only like 500 mg of space left on it

only 500mg left? you're gonna have to do some lines to free up the space... :tongue: (its mb, for future reference... :tongue: )

<----- geek.

take lots of pics while you're over there & post em to make us all jealous...

I've been DJ'ing for longer than that. I started DJ'ing when I was down at school and I had access to a radio station studio where I would do my shows, and I went in there to spin a lot. I just moved back to NY for a while before going to Europe so I was looking for decks now that I'm no longer near the studio.

Bassboy - I'm moving to Florence, Italy for 5 months - and touring around Europe while I'm over there 'cause I've never been before :woah:

thanks everyone for your suggestions - Roha, I was thinking of installing all the stuff on my computer but my hard drive has only like 500 mg of space left on it and the average turtle runs faster... hence why I was hoping to find a studio. Heretic - I'll be in touch! Thanks!

any more? :tongue:

You are going to have the biggest laugh when you see the clubs in Florence. Holy Shit I almost died.

Voluntary or not I promise you that you will end up at least once,

in Yab and SpaceElectronica.

My advice, make friends with some locals, and they will take you to the techno parties that they have in the hills and away from the mobs of tourists. From your pics I don't think you're gonna have a problem.

Originally posted by bassboy

You are going to have the biggest laugh when you see the clubs in Florence. Holy Shit I almost died.

Voluntary or not I promise you that you will end up at least once,

in Yab and SpaceElectronica.

My advice, make friends with some locals, and they will take you to the techno parties that they have in the hills and away from the mobs of tourists. From your pics I don't think you're gonna have a problem.

*sigh* Yeah I saw in the guide that my mom gave me that those two places were billed as the uber-trendy spots to hit up - which immediately signalled me to stay far, far away. I'll take your advice. BTW - are there any small lounge type places around there that I could spin at? I see that as being more my scene than the big tourist traps.

Joe, you'll have to pardon my spelling errors - I was home for lunch break and typing furiously as possible lol. mg, mb... whatever... m + consonant, u know what i meant lol

*sigh* Yeah I saw in the guide that my mom gave me that those two places were billed as the uber-trendy spots to hit up - which immediately signalled me to stay far, far away. I'll take your advice. BTW - are there any small lounge type places around there that I could spin at? I see that as being more my scene than the big tourist traps.

Joe, you'll have to pardon my spelling errors - I was home for lunch break and typing furiously as possible lol. mg, mb... whatever... m + consonant, u know what i meant lol

I wish I could point out lounges, but I didn't find any. Of course I was a cheesy tourist when I was there so....

Are going on like a study abroad kind of thing?

Originally posted by bassboy

I wish I could point out lounges, but I didn't find any. Of course I was a cheesy tourist when I was there so....

Are going on like a study abroad kind of thing?

Yeah, it's a study abroad. I hope there's cool little lounges and decent clubs around there, I'll pack up and transfer to London if there aren't! :mad: For real though, tell me what the tourist traps are like - music? crowd? size? look? I need to know exactly how repulsed I'll be.

Yeah, it's a study abroad. I hope there's cool little lounges and decent clubs around there, I'll pack up and transfer to London if there aren't! :mad: For real though, tell me what the tourist traps are like - music? crowd? size? look? I need to know exactly how repulsed I'll be.

At Space Electronica they played Grease at 2am and the crowd started singing along.

Nothing else needs to be said beyond that.

OK I'm in a bit of a fix here -

I need to put together a demo before I move to Europe so that I can hopefully land myself some regular-type gigs at clubs near where I'll be living. Only problem is, I don't have any way to record my sets.

In DC, we had this place Metatrack Studios that offered DJ lessons, Production lessons and you could buy studio time to record demos.

Does anyone know if there's a place around Long Island or New York that offers something like Metatracks? Any help is hugely appreciated 'cause I have to get this done before I move!!

:)

i have a studio in brooklyn. its fully equipped for recording and production. my dj console has 3 1200's, rane mp 2016 mixer with rane xp 2016 external processor. denon 2600, lexicon jamman, pioneer efx 500 .. and i offer 24 bit recording. mastering and other services are available also. studio time for production or vocal recording is also available.

email me if your interested

shawn@shawnink.com

shawn ink

Originally posted by shawnlnk

i have a studio in brooklyn. its fully equipped for recording and production. my dj console has 3 1200's, rane mp 2016 mixer with rane xp 2016 external processor. denon 2600, lexicon jamman, pioneer efx 500 .. and i offer 24 bit recording. mastering and other services are available also. studio time for production or vocal recording is also available.

email me if your interested

shawn@shawnink.com

shawn ink

Originally posted by shawnlnk

Yeah but can all that stuff make her mixing sound good?..........didn't think so :laugh:

:tongue:

Originally posted by starshaped

Yeah but can all that stuff make her mixing sound good?..........didn't think so :laugh:

:tongue:

Oh, you really wank on, don't you!

Listen you Berk, I've quite had it with you! That takes the biscuit... next time 'round it's my foot and your Gary up close and personal!