Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tonight on ABC: Disco nightmare

cookiegirl

The Disco Ball (alternate title: B-list celeb parade)

Thursday, January 16 at 8

disco_ball_big.jpg

From abc.com: "Dust off the platform shoes, send the leisure suit to the cleaners and get ready to get down and funky, because ABC is throwing an all-star party celebrating that phenomenon called disco!

This once-in-a-lifetime musical event was taped at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles — and the Shrine never looked so cool! The venerable venue was transformed into Club Shrine, the hottest nightspot in the country, featuring a disco built on platforms over one-third of the auditorium's downstairs seats, with three performance areas and balcony seating for an additional 3,500 people. And since The Disco Ball is NOT an awards show, the musical performances absolutely NEVER STOP.

Legendary performers of the disco era, as well as some of today's biggest stars, will jump onto multiple stages and perform the classics that defined the disco era, including:

* Whoopi Goldberg & Martha Wash — "It's Raining Men"

* Gloria Gaynor — "I Will Survive"

* Usher - "Ain't No Stopping Us Now"

* The Village People — "Macho Man" & "YMCA"

* Mya — "Turn the Beat Around"

* KC & The Sunshine Band — "Shake Your Booty" & "Get Down Tonight"

* Thelma Houston — "Don't Leave Me This Way"

* Irene Cara — "Flashdance… What a Feeling"

* Chic — "Le Freak"

* Aaron Carter — "I Just Want to Be Your Everything"

* Taylor Dayne — "I Love the Night Life"

* Roselyn Sanchez — "Hot Stuff"

* The Spinners — "Working My Way Back To You, Babe"

* The Trammps featuring Earl Young — "Disco Inferno"

* Nicki French — "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

* Natural — featuring a "Saturday Night Fever" musical tribute — "Stayin' Alive," "How Deep is Your Love" & "You Should Be Dancing" — Wilmer Valderrama ("That '70s Show") makes a special dance appearance

* The Pointer Sisters — "Jump" & "I'm So Excited"

* Cheryl Lynn — "Got To Be Real"

Adding spice to this already tangy event is a special disco fashion show, featuring some of the most outrageous models ever seen as they strut down the catwalk to the tune of "Dancing Queen."

In addition, celebrities will be boogying to the beat during the celebration and introduce the performers, including Paula Abdul (American Idol), Brooke Burke (E!'s Rank), Cedric the Entertainer, Whoopi Goldberg, Ali Landry, George Lopez (George Lopez), Sara Rue (Less Than Perfect), Ryan Seacrest (American Idol), Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) and writer/actor Bruce Vilanch."

:blown: